Dhoni snubs domestic cricket

Lord

Unable to get in touch with Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the East Zone selectors decided to leave him from the Duleep Trophy squad for the game against West Zone, starting from January 29 in Mumbai. However, Raja Venkat, the East Zone selection panel chief, has said Dhoni will be added to the squad straightaway if he makes him available. Dhoni, who is reportedly holidaying in Coorg, did not respond attempts by the selectors to contact him. Shiv Sunder Das, the Orissa opener, will lead the team. "I sent him a message on January 7 or 8 informing him about the selection meeting for the Duleep Trophy and asked him to call back to confirm his availability," Venkat, who is also a member of the national selection panel, told Cricinfo. According to him, his colleague Jodh Singh, the Jharkhand selector, sent a similar message, but he too did not get a reply. Venkat, though, denied that there was a question-mark over Dhoni's inclusion. "A player of his calibre can walk into any team. It will be a motivation for the youngsters also if he plays." The Duleep Trophy competition is scheduled to begin on January 22 and end on February 9. It is the last domestic tournament ahead of India's tour of New Zealand.
i'm not surprised.dhoni thinks hes bigger than the game.first backing out of tests in lanka citing 'fatigue',then threatening to resign after a tiff with selectors n now this.what does he think of himself? if players like sachin,zaheer can play domestics,why not Mr. Dhoni?
abbe kya yaar' date=' koi kaam nahi tereko ?[/quote'] i didnt want to do this at all,but this is a damn serious matter.i waited for two days for someone else to make a thread,but nobody bothered,so i made a thread.ignore my comments if u want to
rox' date=' open one thread and run your campaign there. So that others know not to open that. Stop opening new threads every few days to say the same thing. Its irritating.[/quote'] wat campaign?? its a fact.its a cricinfo news article.u think i'm making it up?
i didnt want to do this at all' date='but this is a damn serious matter.i waited for two days for someone else to make a thread,but nobody bothered,so i made a thread.ignore my comments if u want to[/quote'] Open the Duleep trophy thread if YOU as a fan thinks that domestic cricket is important. You'll find this news there.

But I don't see why the OP is being slated so badly. It's a genuine news and for the captain of the Indian cricket team to be unreachable for a few days at a stretch at a time when the zonal squads are being chosen, which presumably he would have captained as well shows stupidity either on part of Dhoni, selectors, or both.

But I don't see why the OP is being slated so badly. It's a genuine news and for the captain of the Indian cricket team to be unreachable for a few days at a stretch at a time when the zonal squads are being chosen' date=' which presumably he would have captained as well shows stupidity either on part of Dhoni, selectors, or both.[/quote'] yup thats wat i wanna say,thanks for being straightforward
But I don't see why the OP is being slated so badly. It's a genuine news and for the captain of the Indian cricket team to be unreachable for a few days at a stretch at a time when the zonal squads are being chosen' date=' which presumably he would have captained as well shows stupidity either on part of Dhoni, selectors, or both.[/quote'] Exactly. MSD should make sure he makes himself available for domestic cricket. If its IPL, then he falls head over heels. What abt for domestic cricket!?? Hope its not the "I'm a superstar - no one can touch me" attitude. That'll be arrogant if thats the case. I hope he gets in touch with selectors and plays the matches.

Extremely unprofessional behaviour from msd. If he wanted time off....he should have informed the officials about it. It is acceptable to want time off(although ...one would expect him to want to play cricket with so much time off) ....but his behaviour smacks of arrogance. Really sad! He is ok playing for chennai in IPL....but doesn't have the time for the place that made him what he is today. MSD bhai kiske....Khaye piye khiske. Ab local cricket ka kya fayda.........

The usual suspects pounce on Dhoni without even hearing his side of the story. :winky:
No one is "pouncing"...if you read the posts, most have only said that MSD needs to return the calls and just play in the matches (forget the dog-chewed-my-cell-phone excuses and play).