Greatest player from each Test playing Nation

SachDan

(1) Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar (2) Kapildev Ramlal Nikhanj (3) Saurav Chandidas Ganguly (4) Rahul Sharad Dravid (5) Anil Radhakrishna Kumble PS: haven't watched Gavaskar playing live.
:two_thumbs_up: Good list, I'd add Gavaskar, BS Chandra to the list. (I prolly have to remove SG from Best Ever Test Greats though :winky:) On borderline, Kirmani for keeper.

India- Kapil Dev, head and shoulders above. deservedly won an official award for the same . Sri Lanka- Jayasurya.was instrumental in SL establishing as a top One day team and a decent test team. Pakistan- Imran. not many contenders for'greatest' after the match fixing stain stuck on wasim. Anwar-No way. West Indies- Gary Sobers- a legend like Collin Miller of australia said he was the greatest cricketer ever walked in to a ground. England-Ian Botham.great fielder, catcher apart from the best batsman among the 4 top allrounders of 80's, who can also bowl unplayable deliveries. Australia- Don Bradman. he was ahead of other batsmen of his era by almost 40 runs.what more u want! Zimbabwe-Andy Flower.would have been an all time great in other teams too.had 4-5 years when he retired due to politics. South Africa-Graeme Pollock. purely going by what i have read and saw in around 1994 in a series of exhibition veteran matches in india.he was too good when he was around 60 years old! NZ-Hadlee by a mile.

India- Kapil Dev, head and shoulders above. deservedly won an official award for the same . Sri Lanka- Jayasurya.was instrumental in SL establishing as a top One day team and a decent test team. Pakistan- Imran. not many contenders for'greatest' after the match fixing stain stuck on wasim. Anwar-No way. West Indies- Gary Sobers- a legend like Collin Miller of australia said he was the greatest cricketer ever walked in to a ground. England-Ian Botham.great fielder, catcher apart from the best batsman among the 4 top allrounders of 80's, who can also bowl unplayable deliveries. Australia- Don Bradman. he was ahead of other batsmen of his era by almost 40 runs.what more u want! Zimbabwe-Andy Flower.would have been an all time great in other teams too.had 4-5 years when he retired due to politics. South Africa-Graeme Pollock. purely going by what i have read and saw in around 1994 in a series of exhibition veteran matches in india.he was too good when he was around 60 years old! NZ-Hadlee by a mile.
very good list :two_thumbs_up:
^ probably would place Aravinda DeSilva and Ranatunga alongside Jayasuriya if we're going by who helped SL establish themselves as a decent test team and obviously' date=' Ranatunga helped them get the WC in 1996. I like watching DeSilva - he's a cool player.[/quote'] Aravinda was their best test batsman, technically only Roy Dias comes close to him.but Jayasurya literally lifted them on his shoulders many times.i remember a one day tournament final in sharjah, on a difficult track, where the next highest was 50, where india were all out for less than 100 runs, he scored 180+ at run a ball. he has picked around 300 wickets in one dayers. he had played excellent innings and turned around the game on its head many times even in tests,.scored hundreds against australia with quality attacks.probably as an indian fan,i have suffered many times and that has swung it in his favour!
Aravinda was their best test batsman' date=' technically only Roy Dias comes close to him.but Jayasurya literally lifted them on his shoulders many times.i remember a one day tournament final in sharjah, on a difficult track, where the next highest was 50, where india were all out for less than 100 runs, he scored 180+ at run a ball. he has picked around 300 wickets in one dayers. he had played excellent innings and turned around the game on its head many times.scored hundreds against australia with quality attacks.probably as an indian fan,i have suffered many times and that has swung it in his favour![/quote'] 189 at more than a run-a-ball. We were all out for 53. :(( In 2000 I believe. For SL, it really has been a bit of a team effort though - apart from when they are playing against Australia, Murali has been extraordinarily consistent for them. Jayasuriya reinvented batting at the top of the order. Jayasuriya was also the chief destroyer in that semifinal in '96 WC. I mentioned Aravinda De Silva because he was good against all teams I think - he has a good record against Australia too. Ranatunga was just the kind of captain they needed. Anyways, I guess I too would place Jayasuriya at the top.
189 at more than a run-a-ball. We were all out for 53. :(( In 2000 I believe. For SL, it really has been a bit of a team effort though - apart from when they are playing against Australia, Murali has been extraordinarily consistent for them. Jayasuriya reinvented batting at the top of the order. Jayasuriya was also the chief destroyer in that semifinal in '96 WC. I mentioned Aravinda De Silva because he was good against all teams I think - he has a good record against Australia too. Ranatunga was just the kind of captain they needed. Anyways, I guess I too would place Jayasuriya at the top.
Sanga promises a lot and has fulfilled a lot so far too.may be if some one re-assesses the greatest SL cricketer in 5 years time,Sanga could well be the man! i did not rate Murali, despite me being a tamilian because i think he chucks liberally after the 15degree exemption rule by ICC.

Batsmen: India - Sachin Tendulkar Australia - Don Bradman England - Len Hutton South Africa - Barry Richards West Indies - Viv Richards Pakistan - Javed Miandad New Zealand - Martin Crowe Zimbabwe - Andy Flower Sri Lanka - Aravinda De Silva Bowlers: India - Anil Kumble Australia - Shane Warne England - Fred Truman South Africa - Alan Donald West Indies - Malcolm Marshall Pakistan - Wasim Akram New Zealand - Richard Hadlee Sri Lanka - Muralitharan