The most over rated players?

OMG, expect like a 1000-word response from fineleg where each word is every Indian cricket player in History barring Rahul Dravid and Sunil Gavaskar. Sachin is overrated cause he's miserable in 4th innings of a test match. Laxman is overrated cause he's only good against Australia. Ganguly is overrated cause he's a politician. Harbhajan Singh is overrated because he's a racist. <.... list goes on and on and on ..... >

Anyways, as a serious answer, I'd disagree with Sreesanth being described as overrated. I think the guy has a lot of skill and potential. He has just been distracted. His seam position is one of the best in India (perhaps second only to Zaheer). He also an excellent out-swinger. He has good pace, etc.

Right, the thread was asking for overrated players - those who seem like a lot more than their actual talent based on one or two performances. Sreesanth isn't like that - he has potential to do a lot more than what he has shown thus far. He's a buffoon - no doubt but not over rated.

Right' date=' the thread was asking for overrated players - [b']those who seem like a lot more than their actual talent based on one or two performances. Sreesanth isn't like that - he has potential to do a lot more than what he has shown thus far. He's a buffoon - no doubt but not over rated.
But based on those one or two good performances, you think you're better than you really are -> gets to your head -> contributes to ego problems -> leads to your downfall -> and you're still friggin hyped as you're the TOP s**** apart from the t20 where he took that catch, I've never seen sreesanth being the news for reasons other than acting like a buffoon and embarrassing india but, than again, that's my own opinion
harbhajan singh' date=' even sunil joshi, if not 300, would have got over 250 wicket had he player 75 tests[/quote'] Bhajji: 314 wickets in 74 tests. 4.24 wickets per match @30.88 Kumble: 619 wickets in 132 tests: 4.68 wickets per match @29.65 So basically on your own criterion, Kumble takes 1 wicket more than Bhajji every 2 test matches. Doesn't say much, right ?
Bhajji: 314 wickets in 74 tests. 4.24 wickets per match @30.88 Kumble: 619 wickets in 132 tests: 4.68 wickets per match @29.65 So basically on your own criterion, Kumble takes 1 wicket more than Bhajji every 2 test matches. Doesn't say much, right ?
he has 'average'' numbers to show thats why he is still in team cant believe you are actually comparing the two based on stat. 90s kumble was our bowling line up something bhaji will never be able to achieve Give him a year more, lets see how he does without kumble to guide.
he has 'average'' numbers to show thats why he is still in team cant believe you are actually comparing the two based on stat. 90s kumble was our bowling line up something bhaji will never be able to achieve Give him a year more, lets see how he does without kumble to guide.
I just posted the stats you were using to prove something. Don't blame me for completing the picture. Also, our home pitches have become decidedly less spin friendly than the 90s and our pacers are way better. One thing that Bhajji lacks is penetration abroad, which one can argue Kumble only achieved during/after 2003-04 Aussie tour.
Simple question: your thoughts on the most over rated players? Pakistan: Afridi, Asif England: Harmison India: Sreesanth Australia: Tait WI: dont care / dont follow NZ: dont care / dont follow Bangladesh: dont care / dont follow Lanka: no one SA: no one
You dont have to follow BD cricket to know that the whole team is over rated.