Guru Greg is angry

SachDan

Wasnt it his brother Ian who said he couldnt believe Sehwag was an automatic choice for Aus 2007-8 tour?
Ian chappel said that Veeru shd have been in the squad no matter wat.. anyway wat i meant there was Greg started tinkering with Veeru's technique and started altering his style of play which resulted in the lull that Sehwag went through in the end of 2006..
Wasnt it his brother Ian who said he couldnt believe Sehwag was an automatic choice for Aus 2007-8 tour?
Ian Chappel maintained throughout the entire tour of Australia that Sehwag should be part of the team. In fact, on more than one occasion he pointed to Sehwag's exclusion as one of India's biggest mistakes.
Ian Chappel maintained throughout the entire tour of Australia that Sehwag should be part of the team. In fact' date=' on more than one occasion he pointed to Sehwag's exclusion as one of India's biggest mistakes.[/quote'] I meant "Wasnt it his brother Ian who said he couldnt believe Sehwag was NOT an automatic choice for Aus 2007-8 tour?"

Greg Chappell is a hypocrite and hasn't changed a bit since the under arm incident. Given an opportunity, he would do the same. Good to know that wouldnt be associated with Indian cricket ever again in future. His appointment must go down as the biggest mistake by BCCI ever.

The whole issue with Greg is that he wanted things done "his way". As a result he struggled as a captain to handle people like Doug Walters and Lillee, who had their own methods, the sort of talents that couldn't just go by textbook coaching methods and set gameplans, and Greggy's captaincy period wasn't among Australia's greatest moments. The same approach was doomed to fail in coaching, especially with players like Sehwag. You CAN'T tell people like Sehwag how to bat. Gavaskar wouldn't. Tendulkar doesn't. Chappell tried, and nobody benefited. Cricketers like Sehwag, Laxman, Doug Walters and Lillee were at their best when confident and playing by their own natural methods and instincts. Chappell could not realize that, as coach or as captain, and tried forcing his way upon them. Guru Greg = Fail.

Greg Chappell may have been a talented coach but he was a poor man manager and such a thing is fatal in India where you have such superstar players. However, I find it rather appalling to see that the BCCI have allowed Sehwag and several others in the past to so heavily criticise someone who has an active role in the development in cricket in the state of Rajasthan. When Greg took up such a high profile role, he should have been given a degree of protection from the BCCI against media comments such as this one. Perhaps this problem has stemmed from the BCCI not making a position clear that it is unacceptable to slander such a person but the more likely situation is that the BCCI could not care less about academies and care more about the $$$ as we approach the 2009 IPL. I don't wish to reignite the debate, but most people hate Chappell for the dropping of Ganguly in 2005 after he had scored 209 runs at 17.41 (!) in ODIs (no typo there) and 249 runs at 24.90 in Tests, that year. Of course, Chappell's poor management skills caused the situation to escalate, something that I'm sure many beforehand would have thought impossible.

Lets hear it straight from the horses mouth; Greg Chappell cuts off all ties with India Date: 23 January, 2009(Friday) Bipin Dani Former Team India coach Greg Chappell has all reasons to be offended. "I am not interested in India. Not interested in Indian cricket", he said over telephone from Australia when approached for his reaction to recent comments made by Virender Sehwag. "Coach Greg Chappell betrayed our trust. I wasn't comfortable with him. He used to share the players' information to the media and selectors", Sehwag has said. Chappell and Sehwag had heated arguments during India's South Africa tour in 2007, it is learnt. The tour manager (Chetan Desai) had reported the incident in his report to the BCCI. "You can check with Kiran More (what information I was sharing with him)", Chappell added. Kiran More was a chief selector during Chappell's most of the tenure as a coach. Greg Chappell may be annoyed because Sehwag had no business to voice his opinion almost two years after Chappell's term came to an end. It is also logical on Chappell's part to give feedback about players' performance (and attitude) to the chairman of selectors. Chappell wants to cut off all ties with India. "I am now not going to be associated with the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) also", he signed off. The RCA had hired his services for its academy in Jaipur. He had also been entrusted with the task of spotting and grooming Twenty20 talent by IPL's Jaipur franchaise, owned by Emerging media. Greg Chappell has been appointed as the new Head Coach of the Cricket Australia Centre of Excellence (COE) in September last year. "You know the facts", Dr. Rudi Webster said from Jamaica. Sehwag also criticised Webster, who was hired by Chappell as a psychologist for the team. "Webster also used to divulge details about the players', Sehwag has said. “My life has taken a new turn and I do not wish nor can I afford to get involved in any public controversies", Webster only said. http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=1282 For someone who almost killed Indian cricket, this move is a welcome relief. I hope he nicks off from the ipl commentary box as well because the combination of him / waqar drives me mad.

Guest dada_rocks

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:: for each and everyone who was involved with removal of sehwag from test team