Balaji returns to Team India to replace Munaf

Rajiv

i am quite surprised to see Bala back into the team so fast..i mean he just had one season of domestic cricket since he has come back from injury..so this is a surprise selection indeed..maybe MSD wanted Balaji since he must have thought that the variations that the second avatar of Bala has picked mite be really useful against the Lankans..anyway this selection shd raise a few eyebrows

balaji? are they mad' date='better to blood some youngsters like dinda or kulkarni[/quote'] Even if Dhaval Kulkarni picks up 100 wickets in a season with his military medium pace, i would not consider him as international class. neither Dinda. Balaji has been there, picking up the threads again. has bagged many wickets recently in Ranji QF & SF, Duleep too. he looks better with each match. so instead of looking at stats alone, considering the quality of opposition, considering the actual performance, he is better qualified to be selected . this is not because of him from chennai.it is an insult to Balaji if some one brushes aside his performances on flat pitches and belittle his crucial contribution to his state side and zone.
Even if Dhaval Kulkarni picks up 100 wickets in a season with his military medium pace, i would not consider him as international class. neither Dinda. Balaji has been there, picking up the threads again. has bagged many wickets recently in Ranji QF & SF, Duleep too. he looks better with each match. so instead of looking at stats alone, considering the quality of opposition, considering the actual performance, he is better qualified to be selected . this is not because of him from chennai.it is an insult to Balaji if some one brushes aside his performances on flat pitches and belittle his crucial contribution to his state side and zone.
Since cheeka is from chennai, no one from TN should be selected. :giggle:
Balaji ... just luuuuuvv the guy ... some of the best memories of cricket for me are due to this man ..... with both bat and ball .... The way he smoked Actor in the jeet-lo dill series was a sight to behold.
Actually, L.B. is probably a better Test bowler than ODI. Hopefully, over time he will regain his older swing and pace to enter the Test team.
i am quite surprised to see Bala back into the team so fast..i mean he just had one season of domestic cricket since he has come back from injury..so this is a surprise selection indeed..maybe MSD wanted Balaji since he must have thought that the variations that the second avatar of Bala has picked mite be really useful against the Lankans..anyway this selection shd raise a few eyebrows
why??? if they had to select someone based on domestic form.. he has to b given a chance.. morever there isnt anyone (fast bowlers) else who deserves to b in team india right now..
why??? if they had to select someone based on domestic form.. he has to b given a chance.. morever there isnt anyone (fast bowlers) else who deserves to b in team india right now..
i was thinking on the same lines..i cudnt think of any new fast bowler around..i mean RP is injured is it..i don know wats the status with RP..so if he is injured, i guess that leaves Sreesanth and Bala..Sreesanth guess still has to do a lot of work to get back into the squad..i dont think the team management is too pleased with Sreesanths theatrics so guess Balaji was the best available option

Hey.....I heard Balaji had lost some pace........ Hope he regains it... Balaji at his full pace and Ishant at his full pace can be deadly..... Imagine two Indian bowlers bowling in the mid 140's..and both of them Swinging it at that speed...Would be a captain's delight.

The chairman of selectors is from Chennai. Can't you see that much? I hope moderators also make posts which befit their status. casting aspersions on chairman of selection committee for selecting Balaji is cheap. Dravid was given a loooooooooooong run by this committee and more because of Srikkanth's confidence in Dravid based on his quality & ability, not because he is from a neighbouring state. when Ganguly was picked up after the previous committee dropped him from Irani squad, where were you chandan and your convoluted logic? Let us not be hypocrites please.
The chairman of selectors is from Chennai. Can't you see that much?
I hope moderators also make posts which befit their status. casting aspersions on chairman of selection committee for selecting Balaji is cheap. Dravid was given a loooooooooooong run by this committee and more because of Srikkanth's confidence in Dravid based on his quality & ability, not because he is from a neighbouring state. when Ganguly was picked up after the previous committee dropped him from Irani squad, where were you chandan and your convoluted logic? Let us not be hypocrites please.
there are other examples too besides what you cited.
Hey.....I heard Balaji had lost some pace........ Hope he regains it... Balaji at his full pace and Ishant at his full pace can be deadly..... Imagine two Indian bowlers bowling in the mid 140's..and both of them Swinging it at that speed...Would be a captain's delight.
Bala was never in that range..at the max he wud get to 140ks but his avg speed was 132ks..he cud get the ball to move both ways..thats wat made him special
Yes, if he regains swing and pace, it will be great. However, I think it will be a while before he can try to go near his old pace, that too if his fitness improves, and injury has healed. But, will be good to have ZK, IS and LB in flow in Test matches.
I dont think he will able to increase the pace.. and he shudnt b cuz it might bring curtains to his career cuz of the injury he had.. i think hes doing the right thing(from his view) by bowling intelligently with lotsa variations..

his pace has reduced dramatically..he is bowling rite now in the mid 120ks..even in the semis he got his wickets using his variations and not because of pacy or swinging deliveries..he has a lot to do to regain his old form..thats why i thought this selection is surprising..but rite now he is suited to ODIs more than tests..