Pakistan bars players from IPL

spectre

Shameless They still want to earn Indian money after what has happened If the IPL teams have any sanity left, they should throw out all ***** players

Pakistan's cricketers have been given the green light to participate in this year's IPL by the country's sports ministry, but they were told that their security would be their own and their IPL franchise's responsibility. "The players can individually decide what they want to do and we have no objections to them going to India for the IPL matches," sports minister Pir Aftab Shah Jillani said. "The [Pakistan Cricket] Board has asked for our comments for individual players and not a national team so we have given our NOC [no objection certificate] and sent it to the President's Secretariat for further action." He explained that the ministry did not allow the national hockey and squash teams to travel to India for international tournaments earlier because they had to take into consideration the tense relations between India and Pakistan in the aftermath of the Mumbai terror attacks. The Pakistan players stood to lose all their money from their lucrative IPL contracts if their government had blocked them from participating in the tournament. Some IPL franchises had also expressed uncertainty over the future of Pakistan players on their books, mostly because the current political climate could lead to extended visa restrictions.
ttp://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/388510.html EDIT: i couldn't post link due to my post count, but I couldnt resist this damn news

I don't really see anything wrong in Pakistani players playing in IPL' date=' but ya I would rather prefer PCB to start something like PPL or concentrate on their own domestic competitions.[/quote'] Let PCB first take care of normal international cricket. They cant do their basic job and you are fantasizing about additional leagues?

I don't really see anything wrong in Pakistani players playing in IPL' date=' but ya I would rather prefer PCB to start something like PPL or concentrate on their own domestic competitions.[/quote'] PPL ...was that meant to be a joke :haha: which foreign players u think would come

PPL ...was that meant to be a joke :haha: which foreign players u think would come
People came to India after so many blasts and inhumane terrorist activities, you just gotta show them the money. KP, "Terroists cannot win" remember? PCB right now is financially in trouble, but in the future when Pakistan will resume playing regularly then they should give thoughts about PPL. Don't need to throw millions on useless players like our neighbours, but could get few decent foreign players. I would actually like PPL to be completely based on Pakistani players.

India is the victim (unfortunately). Pakistan is the perpetrator. The kids in India are innocent - not training to be terrorists and filling their heart with hatred. So, say whatever you want - the world knows the truth. The more you speak, more is revealed about your stupidity. You can take a hike.

I don't really see anything wrong in Pakistani players playing in IPL' date=' but ya I would rather prefer PCB to start something like PPL or concentrate on their own domestic competitions.[/quote'] Yeah..you are correct. You already have lot of domestic players who blow themselves up for virgins. I believe PCB can easily start PPL (Pakistan Pervert League)

People came to India after so many blasts and inhumane terrorist activities' date=' you just gotta show them the money. KP, "Terroists cannot win" remember? PCB right now is financially in trouble, but[b'] in the future when Pakistan will resume playing regularly then they should give thoughts about PPL. Don't need to throw millions on useless players like our neighbours, but could get few decent foreign players. I would actually like PPL to be completely based on Pakistani players.
o-rly.jpg

Pakistan bars players from IPL Pakistan bars players from IPL ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has barred its cricketers from competing in the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament in the wake of last year's terrorist attacks in Mumbai. "We have been informed by the foreign ministry today that the situation is not conducive for Pakistan cricketers to travel to India," Sports Minister Aftab Jilani told the Associated Press on Monday. Jilani last week gave a No Objection Certificate allowing Pakistan cricketers to compete in the IPL. Five Pakistan cricketers — Yasir Hameed, Yasir Arafat, Asim Kamal, Danish Kaneria and Mohammad Hafeez — were due to appear in the IPL player auction at the Indian state of Goa on Feb. 10. "We (the Sports Ministry) had given the NOC, but the final decision was up to the government," Jilani said. The minister said that one of the reasons given by the Pakistan's foreign ministry for the ban was that relations between India and Pakistan are tense in the wake of the terrorist November attacks in the Indian city of Mumbai. India has blamed militant groups in Pakistan for terrorist attacks in Mumbai in which 164 people died in November. "Ever since these attacks (in Mumbai) the situation has got tense and even Pakistani artists are facing problems in India," Jilani said http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/02/sports/CRI-IPL-Pakistan-Ban.php What a pity! It really will be a big loss for the viewers. :winky:

YAHOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy these f ****** aren't allowed in this years edition. Suddenly, the IPL seems much more welcoming without the corrupting influence of drug cheats / murder suspects / retards etc Who cares if Pak's aren't allowed? Its not as if they set the house on fire last time they played. At least we get to see Gilly / KP / Freddie etc

"We have been informed by the foreign ministry today that the situation is not conducive for Pakistan cricketers to travel to India," Sports Minister Aftab Jilani told the Associated Press on Monday.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: actually should be - situation is not safe for India to have Pakistan cricketers travel to India

Pakistan bar players from IPL

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has barred its cricketers from competing in the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament in the wake of last year's terrorist attacks in Mumbai. "We have been informed by the foreign ministry today that the situation is not conducive for Pakistan cricketers to travel to India," Sports Minister Aftab Jilani said on Monday. Jilani last week gave a No Objection Certificate allowing Pakistan cricketers to compete in the IPL. Five Pakistan cricketers--Yasir Hameed, Yasir Arafat, Asim Kamal, Danish Kaneria and Mohammad Hafeez--were due to appear in the IPL player auction at the Indian state of Goa on February 10. "We (the Sports Ministry) had given the NOC, but the final decision was up to the government," Jilani said. The minister said that one of the reasons given by the Pakistan's foreign ministry for the ban was that relations between India and Pakistan are tense in the wake of the terrorist November attacks in the Indian city of Mumbai. India has blamed militant groups in Pakistan for terrorist attacks in Mumbai in which 164 people died in November. "Ever since these attacks (in Mumbai) the situation has got tense and even Pakistani artists are facing problems in India," Jilani said.
Link :bhangra: