Worrying Signs...

Ram

Ishant Sharma looked completely off-color this series. Sure, the numbers may say he picked up 10 wickets at 24, but just seeing him bowl, it was clear that something was amiss. His pace was down (hardly ever crossed 135 kmph), his swing/seam was less. Wonder if he's carrying a niggle of some sorts.

The pitches in SL are dead. No one was able to bowl that quick. Furthermore, he needed a break after the 3rd game itself (though he got a break for the past month or so, he needed one because I think mentally he's a bit weakened right now). He's been used almost exclusively in powerplays and he keeps getting hit for boundaries - no bowler likes that. A bit of low confidence along with tiresomeness is probably why.

I think the Kiwi conditions will be great and conducive for Ishy and the rest, the cool climate too will not take much out of the boys. I think this is the first time for some years, we are going to Kiwiland with a better bowling attack than the hosts !!!

I have been saying all along..Ishant and Zak aren't the type of bowlers who come back into rhythm from ball one afetr a long lay-off. This is very noticeable in case of Sharma.So resting him today would have been disaster..he is barely getting back into rhythm.The guy did nothing whatsoever afetr the Eng test series for 30 days.Thats rest enough. Like i said above he usually takes time before he hits those speeds he is known for. Inthis series he has been outbowled by the likes of Mirando,Dilhara as far as pace is concerned.Was bowling mostly in the high 120's -low 130's range.

I have been saying all along..Ishant and Zak aren't the type of bowlers who come back into rhythm from ball one afetr a long lay-off. This is very noticeable in case of Sharma.So resting him today would have been disaster..he is barely getting back into rhythm.The guy did nothing whatsoever afetr the Eng test series for 30 days.Thats rest enough. Like i said above he usually takes time before he hits those speeds he is known for. Inthis series he has been outbowled by the likes of Mirando' date='Dilhara as far as pace is concerned.Was bowling mostly in the high 120's -low 130's range.[/quote'] so u saying we have invited disaster by resting Zak in two consecutive games?i dont think so.