World Test XI draft

bunny

World Test XI draft  

1. 1.

get a replacement :p
Why :hmmm:
Other proposed changes: a) Also, any bowler with less than 10 wickets can't be used, and any bowler with less than 50 wickets should have a bowling cap of 35. Any batsman with less than 500 runs will have a batting cap of 20. b) Any player who played less than 40 tests will have a batting cap of 50 and bowling cap of 25.

Gillespie in place of Brett Lee for Team-3

Team1: Flower, Dravid, Flintoff, Steve Waugh, Walsh,Younis Khan, Nathan Astle ,Tilekeratne, Ntini, Stuart Clark, DJ Cullinan(punjabi_khota, predator_05)

Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams,Gary Kirsten,Azharuddhin,Simon Doull, Stuart Macgill (zubin, Dirty_South)

Team3: Sangakkara, P Strang, Ambrose, Cairns, KP ,J.Gillespie, A B De Villiers, Saeed Anwar, Darren Gough, Damien Martyn, Ganguly         (bunny, ludhianvi)

Team4: Gilchrist, Sehwag, G Flower, Pollock, Border, Yousuf,  D Nash , Saqlain Mushtaq, Collingwood, Kenneth Benjamin, Samaraweera (sridev, koksmayu, shwetabh)

Team5: SRT, Dean Jones, Waqar, Boucher, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Kumble,Thorpe, Vettori, Jayasuriya, Gayle, HK Olonga (cartman, nospam, rahuliverpool, hassan_113)

Team6: Murali, Lara, Bryan Strang, Hayden, M.Hussey,Steyn,G.Smith,Laxman, Akhtar,Mcculum, Harmisson    (Shane, avengers)

Team7: Warne, Streak, Donald, Dhoni,Chanderpaul, Kapil Dev,A.Desilva, Gooch, Clarke,S Malik,M.Richardson   (fbm,SachDan)

Team8: G.McGrath, Kallis, Crowe,Stewart,Miandad,Gambhir,Reiffel,Vaas,Fraser,R.Richardson ,Guy Whitthall (Gambit)

shud the 5th bowler have min.50 wkts??
I think 10 would be fine...but if any bowler has less than 50 wickets, then the bowling avg. cap is 35 (i.e., even if he has a Ambrosesque average 35 will be used...if it's worse than 35, the worse value will be used....in terms of logic the formula would be Bowling Avg = (if < 10 wkts {infinity} else if (< 50 wickets) { MAX(35, BowlinAvg)} else {BowlingAvg}
Team1: Flower, Dravid, Flintoff, Steve Waugh, Walsh,Younis Khan, Nathan Astle ,Tilekeratne, Ntini, Stuart Clark, DJ Cullinan(punjabi_khota, predator_05)

Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams,Gary Kirsten,Simon Doull, Stuart Macgill, Manoj Prabhakar (zubin, Dirty_South)

Team3: Sangakkara, P Strang, Ambrose, Cairns, KP ,J.Gillespie, A B De Villiers, Saeed Anwar, Darren Gough, Damien Martyn, Ganguly         (bunny, ludhianvi)

Team4: Gilchrist, Sehwag, G Flower, Pollock, Border, Yousuf,  D Nash , Saqlain Mushtaq, Collingwood, Kenneth Benjamin, Samaraweera (sridev, koksmayu, shwetabh)

Team5: SRT, Dean Jones, Waqar, Boucher, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Kumble,Thorpe, Vettori, Jayasuriya, Gayle, HK Olonga (cartman, nospam, rahuliverpool, hassan_113)

Team6: Murali, Lara, Bryan Strang, Hayden, M.Hussey,Steyn,G.Smith,Laxman, Akhtar,Mcculum, Harmisson    (Shane, avengers)

Team7: Warne, Streak, Donald, Dhoni,Chanderpaul, Kapil Dev,A.Desilva, Gooch, Clarke,S Malik,M.Richardson   (fbm,SachDan)

Team8: G.McGrath, Kallis, Crowe,Stewart,Miandad,Gambhir,Reiffel,Vaas,Fraser,R.Richardson ,Guy Whitthall (Gambit)

Everything against Bangla and Zim (post 2002) should be excluded. I'm fine with 1 replacement per team. No swapping please...just replacement. Also, all teams can replace whether or not they made any errors in the first XI rounds. Other proposed changes: a) Also, any bowler with less than 10 wickets can't be used, and any bowler with less than 50 wickets should have a bowling cap of 35. Any batsman with less than 500 runs will have a batting cap of 20. b) Any player who played less than 40 tests will have a batting cap of 50 and bowling cap of 25.
I oppose the bowling cap of 25 for bowlers with less than 40 tests. Caps should be wicket based and not test based. Lets keep the cap of 25 for bowlers with less than 50 wickets. This is ofcourse for proper bowlers, not jokers. I don't want every rule introduced after the selection has been completed to screw up my team. :yikes::yikes:
I don't want every rule introduced after the selection has been completed to screw up my team. :yikes::yikes:
It has already done mine We started out with Batting Avg v/s Bowling Avg , ratio then we get the fifth bowler * 0.3, uske baad no minnow rule, abhi cap wala rule I think the rules had to be laid down at the start, not after we try to exploit some loophole only it to be overturned, :((

Updated. No more changing or swapping allowed :icflove:

Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams,Gary Kirsten,Simon Doull, Stuart Macgill, Manoj Prabhakar (zubin, Dirty_South)

I oppose the bowling cap of 25 for bowlers with less than 40 tests. Caps should be wicket based and not test based. Lets keep the cap of 25 for bowlers with less than 50 wickets. This is ofcourse for proper bowlers, not jokers. I don't want every rule introduced after the selection has been completed to screw up my team. :yikes::yikes:
That's ok...we can ignore some of the rules if ppl are not ok with them...Bowling cap was needed for the non-bowlers so number of wickets or number of runs is fine as a criterion...The allrounder rule can affect some teams, i agree, but let's have that.