I'm taking this rather well!

Gambit

Re: I'm taking this rather well!

BREAKING NEWS; DILIP VENGSARKAR IN EMPHATIC STATEMENT - ANNOUNCES HIS OFFICIAL COMEBACK TO INDIAN CRICKET TEAM. Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, and Kris Srikkanth set to follow.
Does that mean Shivlal Yadav will become our next Captain? I wouldnt mind seeing sexy Arun Lal arunlal.jpg and super sexy Ashok Malhotra 18ashok.jpg back in the team..%7Boption%7D

BREAKING NEWS; DILIP VENGSARKAR IN EMPHATIC STATEMENT - ANNOUNCES HIS OFFICIAL COMEBACK TO INDIAN CRICKET TEAM. Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, and Kris Srikkanth set to follow.
Let make Kapil the captain. :hail:

Re: I'm taking this rather well! Quite on expected lines so no problem taking the loss for me. I can't remember when they last batted 50 overs in full (not considering Bermuda) outside India :shrug: Quite naturally barring 2 or 3 rest of the batters should be shown the door including Tendulkar.

Re: I'm taking this rather well! i am not only taking it well, i am rather liking this.. i told my brother after bangla game that I want this team to lose now.. spent 2-3 years for experimentation and prepare for WC, we forgave lot of losses in the name of WC preparatin.. and first game we play, we lose it to bangla.. forgave lot of losses but was not willing to forgave bangla loss.. i am glad we lost so now they will pay consequences.. :wtg:

Just sitting in front of the screen and watching them makes me sweat like a pig ....... so I TOTALLY understand what these guys must be going thru out in the middle ....
But they are proportionately paid too. In modern sports, STARdom is a package. Their stardom costs us money (we pay HUGE bucks for world cup) & it should rightly cost them something when they disappoint fans -- hopefully their career & sponsorships. I dont think many wil be so upset if they put a valiant effort & die a martyr's death. This abject surrender is what makes us mad. We deserve a better team.

But they are proportionately paid too
yeah see Bumps .... any shrink worth his salt will tell you that the no.of zeroes in their bank balance will do zilch to negate the pressure that they face out in the middle.
But how many times do they succeed to justify that pressure ? From my recent memory, every time our country's pride was on the line, our great stars have pooped. And the manner in which they lose (without inspiring an inch of confidence) is even more embarrasing. Dont we deserve better ? Imagine u buying a flat screen 50" inch TV, all excited, u plug it in & it poops ? How disappointed will u be ? If they cant stand the heat, they shud get the hell out of the kitchen.

Re: I'm taking this rather well! I dont think we are as demanding as Pakistani fans. I would have taken this loss a lot lightly if we had lost by a run or if we had won this game & BD qualified ahead of us interms of NRR. For me its not about the loss, rather how bad it is. Given that the nation's pride is on the line and billions have spent a restless week waiting for this day, with 255 to get, we are out of the game on a flat pitch within 25 overs. Thats unacceptable. Pressure or No pressure.

Start a fresh team' date=' groom youngsters...get some super express pacers too[/quote'] Unfortunately none of it can equate to mental strength. We are not short of talunt, rather ability to express the same under pressure.

Yeah see thats were its different for us than to say the WI or NZ or Eng teams .... nobody gives a flying fack if they lose and their players can still venture out and have a beer at the beach .... no such pleasures for our team ... whether they win or lose .... Point is a nations expectations simply cannot rest on a game of cricket.
Well said, Boss. Neither should we overreact. You guys make sure you don't get sucked in into this. There are plenty of winners out there to inspire us. Shrug off the disappointment, work as hard as you can at work, and don't ignore your family. Those are the only things that matter in life.

From that doomsday scenario to 20/20 win, CB series, Lanka dahan and closing in on #1. And of course, SRT is still there! PS - I am going to bump lots of threads which were made after our loss v SL in the 2007 world cup. Now that we are almost on top of the world, they make for fun reading :D