..and the Oscar goes to = SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE ( 8 AWARDS )

Rajiv

regardless of that' date=' he knows Hindi too. but not good at it. but to represent India, if he wants to speak, he should be speaking in Hindi and not in Tamil. because it's a national Language(Hindi)[/quote']
Tamil is a national language too' date= along with 14 others. He is tamil. The movie has some hindi but its a british production.So english is the way to go.
Good that he spoke tamil and hindi. :thumbs_up: Zap's right, This "national language is Hindi only" argument falls flat. If thats the case he should talk only 'neutral' English. Anyway, good on ARR - did the right thing, included, Tamil, Hindi and English.

Good that he spoke tamil and hindi. :thumbs_up: Zap's right, This "national language is Hindi only" argument falls flat. If thats the case he should talk only 'neutral' English. Anyway, good on ARR - did the right thing, included, Tamil, Hindi and English.
cricketics is BSing big time.. Hindi is not the national language of India... Infact India doesnt have a national language as such... Hindi is one of the official languages of India along with English and other regional languages... so he has to speak Hindi theory can go for fishing ..

cricketics is BSing big time.. Hindi is not the national language of India... Infact India doesnt have a national language as such... Hindi is one of the official languages of India along with English and other regional languages... so he has to speak Hindi theory can go for fishing ..
Eggjacktly...Neither the Constitution of India, nor any Indian law defines any national language... It is clear, just that some believe that there is a "natl lang" when there is not.

bleh. Hindi national language. blah blah blah. I know Hindi well enough, had Hindi during all my school days. It helps me converse with my North Indian friends. But, I dunno if it alone should "represent" India. If any Indian speaks Hindi while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Telugu while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Kannada while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Konkani while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Punjabi while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Malayalam while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Gujrati while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Tulu while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Oriya while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Bengali while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Tamil while representing India, I'm proud and happy. But, I'll be most happy if they speak English, cuz that's the language I'm most comfy with. :isalute:

bleh. Hindi national language. blah blah blah. I know Hindi well enough, had Hindi during all my school days. It helps me converse with my North Indian friends. But, I dunno if it alone should "represent" India. If any Indian speaks Hindi while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Telugu while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Kannada while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Konkani while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Punjabi while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Malayalam while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Gujrati while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Tulu while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Oriya while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Bengali while representing India, I'm proud and happy. If any Indian speaks Tamil while representing India, I'm proud and happy. But, I'll be most happy if they speak English, cuz that's the language I'm most comfy with. :isalute:
oh leave us Sindhis out! you want a panga, same with the state - we dont have one