Pakistan's bowling attack in test against Lanka

Cricketics

ishant' date=' gul, sohail, as well as wahab riaz, flintoff, damika prasad, chris martin, and a host of others are "regularily" 140 k bowlers, which is like a 3rd tier of pace. but then again the top tier has just tait and the shoaib and lee of old.[/quote'] Rong. Gul barely clocked 140 at all yesterday, and was languishing in the high 120s/low and mid 130s. Same with Sohail. Neither are in that bracket. Who the **** is Wahab Riaz?
Rong. Gul barely clocked 140 at all yesterday, and was languishing in the high 120s/low and mid 130s. Same with Sohail. Neither are in that bracket. Who the **** is Wahab Riaz?
i've also seen dale steyn bowl in the early 130s...whats the point? thats just a spell or two...when i saw them bowling i saw them in the high 130s both of them...and gul for the record has gone past 145 several times in his career...probably a higher percentage of his deliveries than ishant. by contrast, fernando clocked 130.4 early in his spell today...this doesn't mean that he's a 130 k bowler. just like ishant clocking 152 or whatever doesn't mean he's a 150 k bowler.

I think bounce is a better weapon than pace. On flat decks pace won't do it for you, but if you can get a guy who regularily gets good bounce, even on low pitches then it always troubles the batsmen. That's why guys like Gul/Sohail Khan may seem exciting because they've got pace but they don't generate enough bounce.

Agreed. But I never said line and length is not that important on flat pitches. I just said that pace can also worry a batsman.
You were right though...on a wicket like this, a fuller length at real speed gives you the greatest chance to beat the bat, get late swing or get a bowled...way too slow for back of a length deliveries or short pitch bowling even at pace.