From Finalists Last Time to Being Booted in First Round...

Birbal3

Re: From Finalists Last Time to Being Booted in First Round...

If not for the major suck job by the Ganguly/Wright team of 2005' date=' we wouldn't be in that facking group of to begin with. I say blame them for this debacle. :lmao:[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If not for the major suck job by the Ganguly/Wright team of 2005' date=' we wouldn't be in that facking group to begin with. I say blame them for this debacle. :lmao:[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Time to unload all your innovative blaming theories folks. Birbal has made a decent start, yoda has gone one step further. I'll continue... I choose to blame our performance on dopey & mopey. Here is why: a) Dopey & Mopey miss the world cup denting the confidence of Inshallah (Inzi) & Mashallah (MoYo) even before the world cup started. b) Inshallah & Mashallah go hiding on a green track vs Ireland, getting out in single digits, losing to the mighty Irish (who are weaker than Bangladesh) c) BD playing India on the same day, inspired by Ireland, beats India for the first time in a world cup causing our exit. I say, we fire dopey & mopey immediately.

Parallel: Sri lanka: 1996 vs 1999 While India went from being finalist in 2003 to being eliminated in the first round in 2007: Sri Lanka went from being World Champion in 1996 to getting knocked out in the initial group round in 1999. In the 1999 World Cup held in England, in the initial group league, Sri Lanka lost to England, South Africa and India, and beat only Kenya and Zimbabwe. Fast forward 8 years to 2007-- Sri Lanka are hot, and no one remembers now their debacle in 1999. Let's hope for India to pul itself together and put memories of this World Cup behind quickly!

Re: From Finalists Last Time to Being Booted in First Round... Same as Pakistan...finalists in 1999 and then knocked out in the 1st round of 2003.

If not for the major suck job by the Ganguly/Wright team of 2005' date=' we wouldn't be in that facking group to begin with. I say blame them for this debacle. :lmao:[/quote'] very well said!

Re: From Finalists Last Time to Being Booted in First Round... Oh talking about Srilanka and a balanced team, watch them play the big boys They will be back home in no time, not to mention Bangladesh You need Jigar to play like Saffies, Aussies and my current fav..the Kiwis West Indies ---> SHYT

If not for the major suck job by the Ganguly/Wright team of 2005' date=' we wouldn't be in that facking group to begin with. I say blame them for this debacle. :lmao:[/quote'] ..but the argument is, ATLEAST they reached 2003 Final We should be satisfied with that Yoda, we continued our legacy of losing a final Whats the difference? We choked then, We choked Today Eitherway, world cup never came home ! We are comparing best of "who did better and lost" Is there any point to this?

Re: From Finalists Last Time to Being Booted in First Round... Its no surprise to see such a post from birbal but he always enjoyed kicking a man when down. Even though after this performance i am forced to accept few comments on the other board about few individuals part of our team but you cant single out one player. If Sachin/Dhoni are your gods then both scored 0. Just because ganguly scored 2 50+ scored he cant be excused for the shot he played in SL game. Did Bhaji take a single wicket in the 2 games he played ?? Sehwag atleast tried but what happened to Uthappa ? Bottom line team failed. Chappell as a coach failed. Sad day for Indian cricket now lets move on.

Re: From Finalists Last Time to Being Booted in First Round... Birbal, you and me including attribute every defeat to an individual or a few individuals without taking the whole team into account vice versa with a win. This is the main reason when Tendulkar gets out of a good ball, people call 911 both inside the dressing room and outside without looking at the batting to follow and endup in a disaster!