Dhoni should be dropped from T20 side

Gambit

Disappointed with Dhoni a bit. I'm not as much saddened by his batting than by our overall game change from the last game to this one. It seems we came in without a plan and just "expected" to win. Our bowling improved a bit from the last game but Irfan was still very expensive (and whoever had the great idea of opening with him instead of Zaheer?). Zaheer was very good, and so were the 2 spinners. Ishant bowled well without reward. I hope the ODIs are a different story altogether. And I hope that the losses are not brushed aside by the team either. I sound a bit whiney but its because I'm a bit disappointed that apart from Sehwag, none of our batsmen are doing well enough (Yuvi++ in 2nd game, I guess). I think we're laying too much blame on luck factor in this form of the game, I don't think we're having bad luck as much as we're being arrogant.

Disappointed with Dhoni a bit. I'm not as much saddened by his batting than by our overall game change from the last game to this one. It seems we came in without a plan and just "expected" to win. Our bowling improved a bit from the last game but Irfan was still very expensive (and whoever had the great idea of opening with him instead of Zaheer?). Zaheer was very good, and so were the 2 spinners. Ishant bowled well without reward. I hope the ODIs are a different story altogether. And I hope that the losses are not brushed aside by the team either. I sound a bit whiney but its because I'm a bit disappointed that apart from Sehwag, none of our batsmen are doing well enough (Yuvi++ in 2nd game, I guess). I think we're laying too much blame on luck factor in this form of the game, I don't think we're having bad luck as much as we're being arrogant.
Maybe, maybe, but from what I saw of the batting the top order was middling the ball, wasn't really troubled by the bounce or pace whereas the Kiwi batsmen all were getting edges and not really middling the ball with any fluency. There was definitely a big element of luck in their batting and Ishant/ZK deserved more wickets for the way they bowled.

Dhoni has made 79 runs@19.7 from 4 games in the IPL thus far. His SR of 114 is relatively much lower. He keeps coming in ahead of Badri/Oram despite his pathetic career T20 batting(T20 World Cup, India's recent T20 games,IPL 2009) and has been hurting the Choozas. Dhoni v2.0(the one that was unveiled at Lord's 2007) is very effective in ODIs and Tests but is full of fail in T20s. He needs to revert back to his gun batting days of pre-2007. Otherwise, he is no better than Mike Brearley, the 'batsman', in the T20 game.

Dhoni has made 79 runs@19.7 from 4 games in the IPL thus far. His SR of 114 is relatively much lower. He keeps coming in ahead of Badri/Oram despite his pathetic career T20 batting(T20 World Cup, India's recent T20 games,IPL 2009) and has been hurting the Choozas. Dhoni v2.0(the one that was unveiled at Lord's 2007) is very effective in ODIs and Tests but is full of fail in T20s. He needs to revert back to his gun batting days of pre-2007. Otherwise, he is no better than Mike Brearley, the 'batsman', in the T20 game.
:two_thumbs_up:

Its ok to curb your instincts of hitting every ball but you cant just ignore your natural batting style.... Dhoni rose up in the ranks due to his natural agressive batting... but lately he is a total burden on the team... dont know why he is playing so defensively from last 2 years...