Thank god we didn't tour Pakistan - Dhoni

Wow, Pakistan is truly effed. This kind of brazen attack on visiting cricketers is unprecedented in world’s history. Every time in past, when some foreign team has refused to travel to Pakistan on security grounds, they have always been adamant that they will be able to fully protect any visiting cricketers. Now, they cannot even make that claim. From now, no country in its senses will ever send even an U-19 team there. That country is lawless, its leaders are clueless and the people are helpless.

Finally after 3-4 posts, you have grasped the situation. If the person who took the assignment after you rejected it got shot and killed, you would go around saying 'Phew! Thank god I turned it down'. That's exactly what Dhoni has done.
I wouldnt go about saying what you are insinuating. I would say the same thing I mentioned to Fontaine earlier, you wanna know my comments thrust a mike in my face, dont assume.
Going by this thread, you seem to be the glaring aberration.
And since when did you think I cared about that?? My question to you was rather simple - Would you work in a place where terrorists have an agenda to hit, even if they are not home grown?? I am still waiting for the answer.
From now, no country in its senses will ever send even an U-19 team there. That country is lawless, its leaders are clueless and the people are helpless.
There people are not helpless. For decades they have activley supported the creation of the Frankestain monster of islamic jihad. Now of course the monster is hitting its creators.
You know nothing about the situation there, Dhoni does having toured there and gotten security briefs etc etc. So yes, you are a hypocrite because he DOES KNOW far more about the situation as a professional cricketer so his opinion is very much informed.
lol. You do have a problem with blood pressure, dont you? Whats with jumping off the cliff after 3-4 posts? Just because Dhoni toured Pakistan makes him more aware than any of us? Well that being the case might as well shut this message board down since none of us have a percentage of idea what goes on an International cricket pitch. In fact you are probably one of the biggest hypocrite in that regard rattling about stuff that you have no clue about. When was the last time you played an International game?? So I suppose you would be tendering your resignation now. :giggle:
Let it slide?
Yes I will. You have this pangs of immaturity every now and then. That plus BP issues. Check with a Doctor.
What nonsense. Have you been to Pakistan? Been informed first hand of the security concerns by informed officials etc etc like Dhoni? Since you DIDN'T answer the question, I'm guessing you haven't so that's why I said it is YOU who are un informed, lacking knowledge about the exact situation so you should perhaps follow your own advice unless you're "Do as I say, not as I do" types.
If Dhoni is not satifised he should not tour. End of the story. No body is putting a gun, pun intentional, to his head. Do you grasp that simple logic?
Right, right, everyone from high ranking ICC officials, Kiwis, ex Pak cricketers, Australian Security advisors, etc etc have said that not only it's not safe to tour Pak for years, but the upcoming WC should be taken away. All Dhoni expresses is relief that his team dodged a bullet (literally) and somehow the wraith of Pakistan is going to pour down upon Dhoni and his team because of it.
Because no single cricket fan I know has any clue who a Kiwi Security official is. Do you??? Does every cricket fan has a clue who MSD is? Of course. Does a Kiwi Security official statement hold half as much value as MSD's does? Think of those things before you go ballistic next time xx
Yes there is. There is a time and place to say things. Whats the whole point of saying something that only complicates a situation? Remember how after Mumbai attacks some Pakistani "greats" were suggesting how India is no different in terms of Security? Surely a case can be made that they were speaking their "minds" too. If ever there was a need to clamp down on player's utterances it is right now. Let BCCI come up with its formal statements. Everyone else should just keep quiet and play cricket.
Watch the video to see what he says and in what cntext
I wouldnt go about saying what you are insinuating. I would say the same thing I mentioned to Fontaine earlier' date=' you wanna know my comments thrust a mike in my face, dont assume.[/quote'] Obviously, you won't say that now if I were to thrust a mike in your face because it would contravene what you've said in this thread.
And since when did you think I cared about that?? My question to you was rather simple - Would you work in a place where terrorists have an agenda to hit, even if they are not home grown?? I am still waiting for the answer.
Did you really ask a question? Wasn't that evident in the previous post. Anyway, let me humour you. I will not work at a place where terrorists who wage war against my country are treated like guests and when the next worldly wise guy who supposedly understands how the world works comes along and gets popped, I will take a sigh of relief and pat myself for taking the right decision.
lol. You do have a problem with blood pressure, dont you? Whats with jumping off the cliff after 3-4 posts? Just because Dhoni toured Pakistan makes him more aware than any of us? Well that being the case might as well shut this message board down since none of us have a percentage of idea what goes on an International cricket pitch. In fact you are probably one of the biggest hypocrite in that regard rattling about stuff that you have no clue about. When was the last time you played an International game?? So I suppose you would be tendering your resignation now. :giggle:
You seem like an intelligent guy so I'm not sure why you're distorting the issue here. The issue is that you said Dhoni should be quiet when he doesn't know much about the matter here and I've given you some pretty clear, real world examples of how Dhoni is informed having been to Pakistan, toured there, and no doubt been briefed thoroughly by security officials. So again I ask the question: How can you say Dhoni is un informed or doesn't know about the security situation in Pakistan? Can you provide any specific examples, articles or reports on how Dhoni is un informed about the situation there? The rest of what you're writing here is just a distraction to take away from that assertation you made.

Kapil Dev is an idiot. Spouting cr#p that he would still play in pak and theat we need to support pakistan. Someone explain to him that pak have created this mess and continue to support this mess. He like Lurker needs to read the frankenstein story to get a grip. Kapil you idiot paks chickens have come home to roost and they deserve no sympathy and in fact deserve condemnation and be given I told you so lectures

That's not complete and doesn't have the part where he says that he's thankful Pak tour got cancelled.
Here's the excerpt, put into context Dhoni, though, said he was happy to be in New Zealand. “There are a few places you have to be aware of where you are moving and what’s going on around you. I am glad I am in New Zealand, and I don’t have to worry about these things. From now on cricketers will be on alert, but there is not much a cricketer could have done in a situation like this when the whole convoy is attacked. “Sides like us are quite happy not to be there, in this kind of a situation. People say sport is not targeted, but you are not immune to it. Once a guy decides to attack the cricketers, we are not tough targets. Cricketers roam about freely on tours, so you have to be aware.†Dhoni also said that he was happy they didn’t go ahead with the Pakistan tour as planned. “I am happy we didn’t tour Pakistan, and that the government didn’t allow us to tour Pakistan. It may or may not have happened to us. But overall I am happy to be here.â€
Methinks Lurker just loves to play the devil's advocate; he is a contrarian!!
No his defence of islam and pak for years is no devils advocate thing but a hardcore ideological stance in support of his brothers across the border. He has being doing this for to long for it to be just a devils advocate thing
Obviously' date=' you won't say that now if I were to thrust a mike in your face because it would contravene what you've said in this thread. [/quote'] Another assumption. But hey thats not entirely new phenomenon within this thread now, is it?
Did you really ask a question? Wasn't that evident in the previous post. Anyway, let me humour you. I will not work at a place where terrorists who wage war against my country are treated like guests and when the next worldly wise guy who supposedly understands how the world works comes along and gets popped, I will take a sigh of relief and pat myself for taking the right decision.
You need not humour me but yes you can indulge me. In other words if English player think India unsafe then they should not travel. Thanks for making my point. And probably it is a good idea for you to look up how US State Department rates India in terms of Security(for its travelling citizens). It is no different for England or Australia as well. xxx

What an awesome interview with Rameez Raja: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/393313.html?view=transcript

Ramiz Raja: Tough for Pakistan cricket to re-emerge March 3, 2009 Download (1479k) | Listen (3:09) Ramiz Raja: A kind of gloom has set in. The country is in a state of shock and mourning because everyone generally in Pakistan had the view that cricket will not be targeted by the terrorists or terrorism but we have been sadly proven wrong. This is a very tough period for Pakistan cricket. I thought, after Younis Khan got his triple-century, there was some good news that was making headlines from Pakistani headquarters. But it was short-lived. I don't know what will happen now. I guess time is the best healer and maybe we will be able to survive the attack as time passes on. On whether this threatens Pakistan's chances of co-hosting the 2011 World Cup: I also think it will be very unfortunate if Pakistan is the only country that is targeted. I know that this is a horrific incident but let's not forget that the entire subcontinent is caught in this wave of madness and this unfortunate incident can be replicated anywhere else. In fact there have been examples in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and in India recently so no place is safe. Instead of arriving at a conclusion suddenly I think all the cricket authorities and the relevant parties involved in making this decision should step back a little and take some time and give Pakistan a little room as well. Maybe they can find a better solution than deleting Pakistan from hosting this prestigious tournament. On what the future holds for Pakistan cricket and cricket in Pakistan: I think they [the Pakistan cricket authorities] have to have a strong voice and opinion at the world forum and at the ICC meetings because though it's an often repeated cliché that 'we ourselves are the targets and shouldn't be penalised' but it is a fact. Somehow or the other I think Pakistan needs to develop this thought at the world forum more convincingly. We need to have a re-look at the security of the teams and the players in involved in cricket in Pakistan. It will not be straightforward for Pakistan cricket to re-emerge after this tragedy. The only hope is that in the next 12 months or so things get better and we can sort our problems out here and that normalcy returns to our life. That is the only hope and wish and prayer. Pakistan - before this incident - was already in a very difficult situation regarding cricket and tours in Pakistan and it has got another solid hit. Our next home series is against New Zealand in December and we are still a few months away from that series. Pakistan cricket has been hurt quite badly by this incident but I am hoping against hope that some miracle happens in the next six months and we return to normalcy.
He mentions again and again how this is going to hurt Pakistan cricket. Yet, he spares not a single word about the Sri Lankan players, hopes/wishes that they would recover fully and so on. Oh, he does mention Sri Lanka though, saying that this attack could occur anywhere, in Sri Lanka, in India, in Bangladesh. What a ****ing moron. He starts out by saying that everyone in Pak believed no one would attack cricketers and ends up saying that well this attack could occur in any country like Sri Lanka, India etc. All this clown can talk about is how this is going to hurt Pakistan cricket. One of the first things Dhoni said about this incident: "I just wish the Sri Lankan cricketers are fine." Yet it's Dhoni that's being criticized and told to be quiet, when we've got hypocrites and delusional idiots like Rameej.