Thank god we didn't tour Pakistan - Dhoni

Well done MSD for saying it like it is! He also said that he was thankful that the team was in NZ instead and that he didn't see any cricket being played in Pak for atleast 2 years if not more.
This is the most retarded thing he could have said at this possible time. Why open your mouth when things aren't even settled down yet. Just give your support to the SL team and that's all. No need to be saying stupid stuff like that, especially right now.
I don't see anything wrong with it. We always praise Dhoni for speaking his mind and this time' date= he's just said what was on everyone's mind i.e. Thank God we didn't tour.
Yes there is. There is a time and place to say things. Whats the whole point of saying something that only complicates a situation? Remember how after Mumbai attacks some Pakistani "greats" were suggesting how India is no different in terms of Security? Surely a case can be made that they were speaking their "minds" too. If ever there was a need to clamp down on player's utterances it is right now. Let BCCI come up with its formal statements. Everyone else should just keep quiet and play cricket.
This is the most retarded thing he could have said at this possible time. Why open your mouth when things aren't even settled down yet. Just give your support to the SL team and that's all. No need to be saying stupid stuff like that' date=' especially right now.[/quote'] He supported the SL team too and showed support by wearing arm bands. And I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Well done to Dhoni for stating what was on everyone's mind.
Yes there is. There is a time and place to say things. Whats the whole point of saying something that only complicates a situation? Remember how after Mumbai attacks some Pakistani "greats" were suggesting how India is no different in terms of Security? Surely a case can be made that they were speaking their "minds" too. If ever there was a need to clamp down on player's utterances it is right now. Let BCCI come up with its formal statements. Everyone else should just keep quiet and play cricket.
I disagree. Dhoni and EVERY cricketer who was going to play in Pakistan recently has a right to say what's on their mind because it's THEIR lives that would have been at risk. God forbid, you're life was at risk in a situation you managed to avoid, then how relevant would it be for someone else completely away from the situation to say, well gee, you should be quiet and say nothing about it. Some people think these cricketers should act like robots and be completely devoid of any human thought/feeling. Well put yourself in their shoes. What do you think the Indian team is going through right now, knowing that they might have been targetted if they had toured to Pak? How would you feel talking to your family/kids knowing that if the Indian government hadn't stepped in to cancel the tour then it could have been your team mates or yourself that was in the headlines today? Or how about the kind of feelings your going through as a person knowing that you have so many friends in the Lankan team like balaji etc? But never mind all that right? The players should shut the hell up and mind their own business and put aside all emotion.

^^ So, the security experts investigating the attacks would've set aside a special investigative team to investigate that Dhoni said / why he said it and the circumstances under which he said it ? :haha: Bad timing or not, it is a natural reaction to a horrendous / deplorable situation. Imagine you're in Dhoni's shows, being harassed by pesky reporters about touring Pakistan after Mumbai when you yourself are coming to grips with what happened in Lahore. Dhoni is a cool, calm character and I am willing him to give the benefit of the doubt that this statement is a mere slip of the tongue made in the heat of the moment. Dominic Cork, who was endlessly spruiking about the safety in Pakistan recently said that he wouldn't tour for 20 yrs. Do you think he meant it? Its not to be taken literally P.S: Response to Lurker's post

The concept of opinion is beyond the grasp of some people 1. Opinions -> Subjective 2. Facts -> Objective I personally support Dhoni as his comments echo exactly what I am thinking in regards to touring Pakistan. LOL at Sachfans' post 2 :hysterical: :haha:
i 2nd that!
Yes there is. There is a time and place to say things. Whats the whole point of saying something that only complicates a situation? Remember how after Mumbai attacks some Pakistani "greats" were suggesting how India is no different in terms of Security? Surely a case can be made that they were speaking their "minds" too.
Nope, they were being delusional. Pak is the hub of world terrorism and haven for Aghani, Talibani and Paki terrorists. India is not. So they were 'out' of their minds when speaking their minds. Dhoni on the other hand is not. His comments are spot on and this needed to be said.

Well said Dhoni. EVERYONE on EVERYTEAM that has refused to tour that terrorhole will be thinking what Dhoni is saying. He just has the guts to say it as it is. Jesus! He and other Indian players might have been mowed down right about now had they toured, hes obviously relieved they didnt go, cant he say he was relieved!?