A few insenstive thoughts regarding Lahore

Macj

Okay Lorgat has asked those who faced these attacks to remain 'rationale' in light of the policemen who died. Now, how do we know that those policemen were the ones who 'failed' to play dead like the one chap who was caught doing so. Did they die protecting the officials or victims of crosswire firing?Afterll 2 more policemen came out from hiding under the bushes after the firing stopped. Knowing Pakistan and its banana 'in'security I doubt it. May they RIP of course, but my point is Lorgat shouldnt be telling anyone to shut up because 6 people died.

Dont forget the Bus Driver -- who is claimed as a hero had a brother who was a Terrorist. And this man was idolizing his brother -- till the reporter caught him and they hid his photograph. So who knows -- man that country has gone to the dogs. You cannot believe anything anybody says about that nation.

The Pak team apprently started 5 minutes late...the shooting went on for more than 12 minutes.....where were they? Assuming that some one informed them about the shoot out....How come there was so much concern for one team and so little for the other and the officials? I won't be surprised if the commandoes given to the Srilankans were a collection of home guards masquerading like commandoes.

Haroon Lorgat is covering up PCB Haroon Lorgat wants to ensure that international cricket teams continue to visit Pakistan. he is out of his mind.for some reason, he is trying to muzzle the voices of Simon Taufel, Steve Davis and Chris Broad. in fact if the critically injured 4th Umpire recovers and criticises the pathetic security provided by PCB, he will also be asked to be ' Rational'in his assessment of criticism by the ICC Chief! strange times, strange logic!

Haroon Lorgat wants to ensure that international cricket teams continue to visit Pakistan. he is out of his mind.for some reason, he is trying to muzzle the voices of Simon Taufel, Steve Davis and Chris Broad. in fact if the critically injured 4th Umpire recovers and criticises the pathetic security provided by PCB, he will also be asked to be ' Rational'in his assessment of criticism by the ICC Chief! strange times, strange logic!
Alas if he could he would, but he wont. See, theyll suppress his voice, theres no way in Hell (Pakistan) that they'll allow this poor fellow to voice his views. I mean Butt a tool himself is now saying 6-9 months of evaluation should suffice before teams visit again. Another poster posted a VERY interesting angle, if the Pakistan team left 5 minutes later they should have arrived on the scene with a whole 7 minutes of shooting to go. But they didnt. Rightly asked ; WHERE WERE THEY??
The Pak team apprently started 5 minutes late...the shooting went on for more than 12 minutes.....where were they? Assuming that some one informed them about the shoot out....How come there was so much concern for one team and so little for the other and the officials? I won't be surprised if the commandoes given to the Srilankans were a collection of home guards masquerading like commandoes.
A couple of reporters in Pakistan have been making that claim as well that the commandoes weren't special forces but ordinary policeman.
Alas if he could he would, but he wont. See, theyll suppress his voice, theres no way in Hell (Pakistan) that they'll allow this poor fellow to voice his views. I mean Butt a tool himself is now saying 6-9 months of evaluation should suffice before teams visit again. Another poster posted a VERY interesting angle, if the Pakistan team left 5 minutes later they should have arrived on the scene with a whole 7 minutes of shooting to go. But they didnt. Rightly asked ; WHERE WERE THEY??
I read some where that the pakistani team bus went back after hearing the gun shots. they too had a security convoy guarding their bus!

Pakistan now brings up the "they were only ordinary policemen" in defense of the flower-bedwallah and the drop-dead man. I was just reading the article on Kasab in the latest Time and the contrast with the ordinary policemen of Mumbai was interesting.

Qasab first put up his hands as if to surrender, but when police officers opened the car door, he leaped out and dropped with his back to the ground, guns blazing. An unarmed assistant subinspector, Tukaram Ombale, grabbed the barrel of Qasab's AK-47 and was killed. Police then beat Qasab with their lathi sticks until he was unconscious
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1883334-4,00.html
Pakistan now brings up the "they were only ordinary policemen" in defense of the flower-bedwallah and the drop-dead man. I was just reading the article on Kasab in the latest Time and the contrast with the ordinary policemen of Mumbai was interesting. http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1883334-4,00.html
In India, we saw ordinary policemen armed with only lathis, trying to fight the terrorist .While in pakistan, we saw armed and with bullet proof vest policemen, incharge of security, hiding behind a bush. Like i said before, pakis are cowards. The whole lot. They attack only unarmed civilians like in bangladesh and India while they surrender(the biggest in history on this side of WW 2) when dealing with the army.

The damage has already been done. All this bickering by those slobs, espically :mad: butt - man :mad: send a clear message that Pak's credibility when it comes to security is load of nonsense. The umpires / ICC match officials etc will spread horror stories where ever they go. Credibility is gone and at the end of the day, thats all that matters As for the Mumbai - Lahore comparison, Mumbai: The targets were any one that weren't Muslim Lahore: 12 Cricketers and a handful of match officials. In terms of long term ramifications, cricket wise at least, Lahore was more sucessful and the after effects will reverberate throughout the next decade. All the kings men can't protect a dozen odd people ? As the for the claims that India and Pakistan are equally safe, that nonsense isn't worth the paper it's written on. Forgetting for a second, what will / may / could / should happen, lets look at what actually happened: How many matches were cancelled because of terrorist attacks in India ? 2 ODI's. The t20 league will take place this yr, so it doesn't count How many matches were cancelled because of terrorist attacks in Pakistan ? ICC Champions Trophy / Indian Tour / Australian Tour / Sri Lankan Tour Not saying we aren't immune to attack, but, pffffft come on, look at them and look at us.