Hussey is selfish and should retire!

He is nearly 34 and is in a horrid slump. Can't buy a run. He is being selfish like the aussies typically do ala Hayden and is desperatley hanging on and will wait till being pushed before going. Why can't they take a leaf from the indians and retire gracefully like Kumble and Ganguly showed. His fielding is horrendous now as evidenced by that famous shocking drop of that skier. Never liked him after I found out that he himself named himself " Mr Cricket", just imagine the stick Sachin would get if we found out he self proclaimed himself " The little master". Also his batting is torture to watch now! So slow and boring, once again showing how selfish he is. He is the most boring batter in tests these days. He is blocking a place for a youngster. Hussey you OAP call it a day and stop being selfish!!!

"I don't really like it," says Mike Hussey. Hearing that Mr Enthusiastic, Mr Cricket himself, doesn't like something comes as a surprise. And what he doesn't like is astonishing: his nickname, Mr Cricket. It's almost sad, like learning that Santa Claus doesn't really like children. "It's a bit embarrassing," he explains, although he then admits: "But if you show you hate it, they will call you it even more." Cricket teams everywhere, take note.
Source: Cricinfo
KT's facts are off. See nospam's post. Meanwhile, India (SRT in particular) have fineleg. Australia have KT. (Lock em both in a room I say, and throw the key away. And make sure there's no internet access in there.)
And put in a secret camera for our own entertainment.
He is nearly 34 and is in a horrid slump. Can't buy a run. He is being selfish like the aussies typically do ala Hayden and is desperatley hanging on and will wait till being pushed before going. Why can't they take a leaf from the indians and retire gracefully like Kumble and Ganguly showed. His fielding is horrendous now as evidenced by that famous shocking drop of that skier. Never liked him after I found out that he himself named himself " Mr Cricket", just imagine the stick Sachin would get if we found out he self proclaimed himself " The little master". Also his batting is torture to watch now! So slow and boring, once again showing how selfish he is. He is the most boring batter in tests these days. He is blocking a place for a youngster. Hussey you OAP call it a day and stop being selfish!!!
Numbers don't lie - he has a Test average of over 55 in tests and ODIs (and the matches aren't too less either - not too large either). He has replaced Micheal Bevan in a better fashion in ODIs and is still an integral member of the Aussie team. Everybody is selfish in cricket - I remember the days when Ganguly, Sachin used to slow down just as they reached 90s, to add another century to their name. You cannot single out hatred on Mr. Cricket if he has had an amazing debut years. I do not think that you follow Aussie cricket as close as Indian cricket, so the comment seems to be more biased rather than unbiased.

dude... u gotta respect Cricket legends and Hussey is one of them... to have an average of 50+ in both formats is not a joke... how would u feel if Aussie fans disrespect Sachin or Sehwag for a lean patch... i was reading about Hussey and the guy is the most hardworking Aussie Cricketer outhere... even in the OZ tour, he was one of the respectful guy towards India alongside Lee.... KT, if you wanna take ur Bhadaas out, pick Maaki or Clarke...

LMAO' date=' every above average batsman nowadays average 50, please don't make them legends and start comparing to SRT or Lara or S Waugh.[/quote'] List average batsmen having average more than 50 in both forms of the game with at least 25 tests and 100 ODIs? Its not a joke to have such an high average in both forms of the game!
List average batsmen having average more than 50 in both forms of the game with at least 25 tests and 100 ODIs? Its not a joke to have such an high average in both forms of the game!
I'm talking about test matches. If you consider ODIs too, Hussey is nowhere near SRT. My point is, just don't use word like legend lightly. And having a 50+ avg for few years is a lot easier than to maintain in for 2 decades. BTW, guess how many batsmen had 50+ avg during the 90s in test. And yes, it's not a joke to have 50+ avg in test, but nowadays it's not legendary either.
I'm talking about test matches. If you consider ODIs too, Hussey is nowhere near SRT. My point is, just don't use word like legend lightly. And having a 50+ avg for few years is a lot easier than to maintain in for 2 decades. BTW, guess how many batsmen had 50+ avg during the 90s in test. And yes, it's not a joke to have 50+ avg in test, but nowadays it's not legendary either.
Nobody is comparing Hussey to SRT. You never named any "average players"? Don't mumble without proof.

How many batsmen have 50+ avg now? How many had in 90s? I'm talking about test, and since you're so good with stats, go find out. The point is not comparing to SRT, the point is the very light use of the word legend. Few good years(and specially in post 02 era) don't make a legend.