McGain debut : 10-2-93-0

But he always looked like he was going to take wickets, which he did...8 if I remember correctly...that too, quality wickets of the best players of spinners in the world. Can you say that McGain looked at any stage like he was going to take a wicket?
He was also bowling on a track affording turn.
He was also bowling on a track affording turn.
Agreed...but he had more height and flighted and turned the ball more...Harris is bowling on the same deck as McGain...which looks better? Kreczja would have been a much better selection for the aussies...I really don't know what their selectors are up to. Who is in contention for the spinners spot? McGain, Hauritz..who else? How come Kreczja has been forgotten? I think it is really silly to leave him out. He showed a lot of promise.

Im not sure what its worth for Australia to select him again. After all he is 36 or something right, even if he does come good ... then 1 or 2 years later they are back in the same predicament. They should pick a spinner and stick with him ... Krejza is fine (especially since he already has 2 matches and 13 wickets of Test experience under his belt).