Wasn't it a bit controversial? Because a few balls before that' date=' the ball brushed his shoulder and they all appealed, and Ponting came and had a bit of a "talk" with Sachin? Then a few balls later this happened. :(([/quote'] Naah the one you are talking about is from the Malaysia tri series when he was given out caught behind when the ball went off his shoulder to the keeper. The one Anakin is referring to is from the seond innings of the '01 Australia series Bombay test, when Tendulkar pulled a ball and it lobbed up from short legs shoulder for Ponting to catch it at mid wicket.
Naah the one you are talking about is from the Malaysia tri series when he was given out caught behind when the ball went off his shoulder to the keeper. The one Anakin is referring to is from the seond innings of the '01 Australia series Bombay test, when Tendulkar pulled a ball and it lobbed up from short legs shoulder for Ponting to catch it at mid wicket.
Yep. In the other incident, the chumpire actually gave SRT out and then changed his mind and as usually the Pwnter went psycho on the poor chumpire :regular_smile:
Naah the one you are talking about is from the Malaysia tri series when he was given out caught behind when the ball went off his shoulder to the keeper. The one Anakin is referring to is from the seond innings of the '01 Australia series Bombay test, when Tendulkar pulled a ball and it lobbed up from short legs shoulder for Ponting to catch it at mid wicket.
Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. :(( I fail at life.
That Razzak caught behind dismissal in which there was a gap big enough to construct a railway line between the outside edge of the bat and the ball.. .:(( Dismissal courtesy: Blind-man Bucknor.
And Razzak didn't even appeal, but the big mouthed Dropmal went ecstatic and of course Stevie Wonder Bucknor complied. After the incident Batnor justified the glorious piece of umpiring with fading lights, which the batmen had complained about quite a few times before that over.
That Razzak caught behind dismissal in which there was a gap big enough to construct a railway line between the outside edge of the bat and the ball.. .:(( Dismissal courtesy: Blind-man Bucknor.
There are so many of them. The one that probably affected the team a lot in recent times was the one in the 7th ODI against England at Lord's. There was daylight between bat and ball, and Aleem Dar gave him out. He was batting very well, had made 29 or so, and if he'd stayed, we probably would have had a decent total to defend instead of 189. We lost to England of all teams. :((

Obviously the shoulder-before-wicket at Adelaide. Another one was at Nagpur during India-SL series in 97'. Sri Lanka's then pace sensation Ravindra Pushpakumara hurdled in and bowled a pacy but innocuous delivery down the leg side. Sachin's thigh pad was too loose,it was virtually hanging in the air.Ball missed his bat;rolled through the hanging thigh pad and went on to hit the stumps !

I personally think he is one of the most indisciplined player of all times for Indian cricket. Can't even get through 45 overs without having to take a break in between. We almost lost the '03 WC match against Pakistan because he got cramps. Sometimes, its so frustrating.

Some of my favorite dismissals of SRT: 1. Henry Olonga one: That sparked an amazing onslaught in the next match. Not too often that a bowler gets a top batsman out and then regrets it. Olonga did not exactly bowl wonderfully to take that wicket, Sachin made a mistake and got out and decided to make an example of Olonga. 2. Shane Warne: Warne got him cheap the first time. The rest is history. If Olonga got thrashed for a match, Warne got a life sentence.

there was a player by name -Adam Bacher in SA team. he took one of the most amazing catches i had seen off SRT when he was in full flow,in 1996 in SA, with the SA bowlers at his mercy, after scoring a majestic 160+, with around 100 runs of that coming in the company of Azhar in an unbelievable 200+ partnership(Cronje told media after the day's play that he would be able to recall the partnership to his grand children") such was their domination of Donald, McMillan & Co that from around 80-5, these two literally blasted their way to 300 in a thrilling stand which was broken only by a run out! even after that SRT was going great guns when he was the last man out, pulling McMillan to deep square leg for what shud have been a one bounce 4 or 6, but this Adam Bacher guy ran from no where, leaped and took the low flying ball in a single hand, just plucked it out and doused the fire.i dont think he had done anything else worth remembering in his career.i wish he had not done this too.

I am sure there must have been many more disciplined players even in Indian cricket who probably did not enough talent or temperament to make it to the top. Discipline is something you dont necessarily transparently see or measure. We can safely say that Sachin is a very disciplined cricketer. But we can not say who is the most disciplined.

there was a player by name -Adam Bacher in SA team. he took one of the most amazing catches i had seen off SRT when he was in full flow,in 1996 in SA, with the SA bowlers at his mercy, after scoring a majestic 160+, with around 100 runs of that coming in the company of Azhar in an unbelievable 200+ partnership(Cronje told media after the day's play that he would be able to recall the partnership to his grand children") such was their domination of Donald, McMillan & Co that from around 80-5, these two literally blasted their way to 300 in a thrilling stand which was broken only by a run out! even after that SRT was going great guns when he was the last man out, pulling McMillan to deep square leg for what shud have been a one bounce 4 or 6, but this Adam Bacher guy ran from no where, leaped and took the low flying ball in a single hand, just plucked it out and doused the fire.i dont think he had done anything else worth remembering in his career.i wish he had not done this too.
That was a blinder Bacher took at deep square leg. Sachin was on way to his first double ton :(( As you mentioned Adam Bacher was pants as an opener. He held his place in the team only coz he was Ali Bacher's nephew !!

Speaking purely as a bowler (without the restrains of jingoistic fervor) i would say the one dismissal that stands out was when Allan Donald bowled him during the first test of India's 1996 tour in the first innings at Durban. Tendulkar had hit two consecutive boundaries before Donald bowled a scorching delivery that cleaned up the little master.

Showhaibh Akhtar would argue that he has been disciplined by his board/captain/match referees/coaches/the ICC many more times than Tendulkar' date=' and that he should be called the most disciplined sportsman ever.[/quote'] :giggle::giggle: