Tough schedule for Indian players

Feed

I'm sorry, but what does this imply? Clarke would have done better in Tests if he had played in IPL? or does bombing in the Test series, despite hsi best intentions to rest and prepare for it, mean that overload of cricket has no bearing on his Test performance anyway!? His decision was right. It may not have worked out in this Test series, but how do we infer that Clarke made an incorrect or foolish decision?
Um, because his performance didn't drastically improve by taking rest, and Dhoni's performance didn't drastically come down due to participating in the IPL. It has helped our LOI team a great lot by participating in the IPL. You keep implying all sorts of nonsense. So I'm just responding your impractical claims.

graphic, You say that "Tests are still a priority, which is why elite panel for umpires exists for Tests and only neutral umpires are allowed" - but I feel it is slipping away. Don't you think people are becoming too "instant gratification" focussed? And regarding 'globalization of cricket' - I dont think any country besides the ones playing now will take cricket seriously, so we should continue to develop cricket in these current playing nations and promote Tests with incentives like free tickets to students etc.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to how many non-test countries have now started playing cricket with the 10-10, 5-5 format because of the advent of T20 cricket. It is a repulsive idea to play any game for 5 days long. For me, personally, yeah I enjoy Test cricket and like it a lot. But for a lot of people, it is not very enjoyable because its just too damn long - especially for those who didn't grow up with cricket, like I did. So, you need to slowly bring them into cricket. More countries that play cricket, the better. Which current test-playing nations are we ignoring? Pakistan doesn't deserve to play cricket. India is doing fine, Australia is doing fine, SA is doing fine. England, cricket doesn't take precedence over soccer there, but at least they continue to play tests and ODIs. WI have only themselves to blame but they are doing well enough now, and hopefully, we'll see a resurgence. SL cricket is doing well. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are there - whatever. NZ are the ones falling away a bit but despite that, talent is there - Daniel Flynn, Ryder, McCullum, Vettori, Ross Taylor, Oram, etc. Cricket facilities need to improve - yes, but you act as if hell has broken loose.

gaurav, No, the unfortunate thing is some are actually OK with prioritizing IPL over Tests. I do hope that more of the public voice against this, but unfortunately seems like Indian public like to watch "exciting" circus more than real cricket which is "boring". Cricket as we know will slowly fade. I am NOT against T20. But when players have to prioritize, and if they cannot participate in both, then: Tests >>> ODIs/T20 >> IPL
I am ok with whatever way the game changes and evolves, and there is nothing unfortunate with that.Test Cricket as we know may slowly fade, because the times have changed, and no one has the time or resources to watch a 5 day game. There is honor in representing the country, but guess which format will be included, if ever, in the biggest sporting spectacle called olympics ? So lets not talk about honor and ****.

"One size fits all" doesn't apply to cricket. As has been said above Test cricket may be the crowing glory for players and purists but it's impossible for people to follow test cricket on a daily basis. Test cricket as usual will survive and players will be rated based on their exploits in test cricket but Twenty20 cricket is not as bad as it is made out to be. If you can play 5 days of cricket, what's wrong in having a format that is played out for 3 hours? If there is a threat it is to the 50 over games.

Guest Hiten.
"One size fits all" doesn't apply to cricket. As has been said above Test cricket may be the crowing glory for players and purists but it's impossible for people to follow test cricket on a daily basis. Test cricket as usual will survive and players will be rated based on their exploits in test cricket but Twenty20 cricket is not as bad as it is made out to be. If you can play 5 days of cricket' date= what's wrong in having a format that is played out for 3 hours? If there is a threat it is to the 50 over games.
This is what the "purists" or the wannabes need to understand when they question cricket followers' integrity or loyalty towards the game's purest form. Modi and Co. are exploiting this "weakness" of test cricket and there is nothing wrong with it as they are asking the cricketers to play a format whose game that lasts <= one innings in ODI's. Fineleg here talks as if he follows each and every single delivery bowled in test cricket. Why do you "prioritize" other things over the game's purest form ? If players decide to prioritize IPL over test cricket, I say let them as it is only good for the game as it will separate the pretenders from the doers. So for eff sakes cut your monotonous whinging about IPL or T20.
They are getting paid filthy amounts' date=' aren't they ? They should just shut up and play.[/quote'] I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing. Despite the headline, I don't see any sign of the players cribbing about the schedule. And I'm sure most of the domestic players involved here have no issues - getting a good amount of money (certainly more than any Ranji/Duleep fees), with the travel opportunity and chance to play cricket in some foreign conditions.
I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing. Despite the headline, I don't see any sign of the players cribbing about the schedule. And I'm sure most of the domestic players involved here have no issues - getting a good amount of money (certainly more than any Ranji/Duleep fees), with the travel opportunity and chance to play cricket in some foreign conditions.
That is right. I haven't heard any players cribbing because of this non-stop cricket. Australians are taking their names away from few ODIs and IPL but Indian players go on non-stop without complaining. This year will be extremely hectic for the guys like Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni and our bowlers. Hope they are managed properly. BTW, are we playing a 2 test series with BD in Dec? Any idea?

IPL is going to be like a holiday for the players. I am sure they would be playing without pressure. They can take their families/GFs with them, have fun in SA, play some back yard cricket in IPL and get refreshed. Its more like a highly paid holiday.

IPL is going to be like a holiday for the players. I am sure they would be playing without pressure. They can take their families/GFs with them' date=' have fun in SA, play some back yard cricket in IPL and get refreshed. Its more like a highly paid holiday.[/quote'] IPL is fun not only for us but also for our cricketers :haha: