Random stats

Gambit

Yuvi averages 12.85 from 10 tests outside Asia. He is yet to score a single test 50 outside Asia despite playing 15 innings. Tendulkar has made a score of 50 in atleast one of the innings in 14 out of his last 20 tests. Gambhir made his first ton outside the subcon in only his second test outside the subcon, against non minnows. Virender Sehwag averages 17 in NZ from 4 tests.

Yeah...Yuvi needs to work on his away game...that's an understatement. But I think he will. Good to see Gambhir play well away...more to come. Sachin just keeps getting better and better...ever since he got out of that string of nervous nineties dismissals, he seems very comfortable and composed at the crease, unfurling some of his best shots from time to time...

Yuvi averages 12.85 from 10 tests outside Asia. He is yet to score a single test 50 outside Asia despite playing 15 innings. Tendulkar has made a score of 50 in atleast one of the innings in 14 out of his last 20 tests. Gambhir made his first ton outside the subcon in only his second test outside the subcon, against non minnows. Virender Sehwag averages 17 in NZ from 4 tests.
Not to say that he can't play swing and seam...he played beautifully in Karachi and Lahore when there were tough conditions. He needs to put in his work though. He'll get better. Also if Tendulkar gets another 100 here, it'll be his 4th in 5 test matches. Has he had such a purple patch before?
Virender Sehwag averages 17 in NZ from 4 tests.
Well, can't say he was beaten by anyone or the conditions on this tour....his stats on this tour are all of his own making. That's how the cookie crumbles though, when you play like he does...by me, that is perfectly fine...for when he comes off, it's phenomenal.
Not to say that he can't play swing and seam...he played beautifully in Karachi and Lahore when there were tough conditions. He needs to put in his work though. He'll get better. Also if Tendulkar gets another 100 here, it'll be his 4th in 5 test matches. Has he had such a purple patch before?
Can we wait till he gets one ? :P :pray: And it will be his only century that hasn't resulted in a win in the past 5 matches.

Wow, Yuvi and Sehwag's stats look poor. Yuvraj is not helping himself here. I think he'll get a long run to prove his mettle at test cricket though. Tendulkar should move up in the ICC Rankings for sure after his recent exploits. By the way, they should add some bonus points for his elegance when playing the shots ;-)

Wow, Yuvi and Sehwag's stats look poor. Yuvraj is not helping himself here. I think he'll get a long run to prove his mettle at test cricket though. Tendulkar should move up in the ICC Rankings for sure after his recent exploits. By the way, they should add some bonus points for his elegance when playing the shots ;-)
Oh hai Ludh, Then Laxman would be a perpetual #1. ;-)
Oh hai Ludh' date=' Then Laxman would be a perpetual #1. ;-)[/quote'] Not necessarily. Laxman probably is one of the very few batsmen and by few I really mean a couple may be, Azhar was another one, who could surpass SRT in elegance of shots, but I doubt if anyone, including those two, will ever play a backfoot cover drive or straight drive better than SRT. Couple of backfoot cover drives and the classical cover drive SRT played yesterday were just divine.
Not necessarily. Laxman probably is one of the very few batsmen and by few I really mean a couple may be, Azhar was another one, who could surpass SRT in elegance of shots, but I doubt if anyone, including those two, will ever play a backfoot cover drive or straight drive better than SRT. Couple of backfoot cover drives and the classical cover drive SRT played yesterday were just divine.
Sachin's straight drives are awesome but Laxman's awesomeness comes in the fact that no shot seems forced. Its just natural. And it helps that he can straight drive, cover drive, flick the same type of delivery. Thats where he scores over Sachin, I think. And I cannot emphasize how natural it seems. The only ugly shot he plays is when he gets out or when tries to pull a ball thats not too short.
Guest Hiten.
STRIKED OUT! Thanks Gambo :hysterical: