Pietersen won't go on long tour without wife

It's not like these calenders have suddenly become long and massive now, or that tours take ages. Even 10 years ago, teams would hop all over the world playing ODIous tournaments in Sharjah, Morocco, Kenya, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, then drop somewhere for a test series, fly back home for their own season, etc... And 11 week tours these days are exceptions - besides the 5 test WI/Eng series, Eng/SA (which are being clipped to 4 tests now :banghead: ) and the Ashes, there aren't that many. Big change from older days when a tour could take up an entire season - England's Ashes tour in 74/75, for a random example, started with them leaving in late October, playing a slew of first class games in Aus throughout November, and then playing tests mixed with FC games until mid February.
True. But back-to-back test matches, 20/20 cricket slotted into schedules, management's anal-retentiveness about WAG's coming on tours, etc...all seem a more recent phenomenon. Also, I dont remember so many test matches going the distance on lifeless pitches than we've had the last 5 years. Mind, that's a completely unsubstantiated claim and I dont have stats to back it up, so feel free to call me out on it if it's untrue. Also, I remember tests having those quaint reserve days, which doesnt happen any more. Thankfully.... I suppose I'm off on a bit of a tangent here...but the amount of cricket, mostly meaningless, played these days, does my head in. It doesnt help that we have a FTP with all the working logic of a unflushed toilet.
Pietersen in the spotlight Pietersen won't go on long tour without wife Cricinfo staff March 31, 2009 A relaxed Kevin Pietersen during an England practice session in St Lucia: 'I love touring, but there's no way I'll be without my wife for 11 weeks again' © Getty Images Kevin Pietersen has said that he will not go on another long England tour without his wife, singer Jessica Taylor. "I've never said I want to miss a tour and there's no way I will ever miss a tour," he told the BBC. "I love touring, but there's no way I'll be without my wife for 11 weeks again." Pietersen admitted that the winter has not gone well, either for him or the team. "The first half was a shambles under my leadership. We didn't come close to winning a game in India and we didn't come close to winning a game here before we won on Sunday, except for the mathematical error on the West Indies' part in Guyana." Referring to the much-quoted remarks he made at the weekend where he said he was at the end of his tether, he said that the comments "were born from frustration". He continued: "We all want to go home, but it does not stop the commitment we all put in on a daily basis. I am absolutely 100% passionate about playing for England. I absolutely never take it for granted about wearing the three lions on my chest. "The second part of the frustration was I hadn't seen my wife since January 21. It's the longest period of time I've been away from her." He confirmed that he had asked the England management for a 48-hour break to return home between the third and fourth Tests. "We decided it probably wouldn't be a good idea for the team going forward," he said. "There were no arguments, no nonsense, no disappointment on my behalf. I have been totally supportive of everything that has happened on this tour." © Cricinfo Lol. Seems like in the process of mental disintegrating the opposition, this clown has done it to himself.
He wants to play on the field and in bed! What is so hard to understand? Got to feed the manhood, right?? When the day's play is over, wifey takes over. Big boys play at night. :D