Joginder, Sreesanth surprise omissions in T20 WC probables

Joginder, Sreesanth surprise omissions in T20 WC probables Pacers Joginder Sharma, who starred in the 2007 World Twenty20 Championships, and S Sreesanth were left out of the 30 probables announced by the BCCI for the 2nd edition of the prestigious event. More...

Looks like you've stopped reading the threads on ICF. Sreesanth has been ruled out for 3 months due to stress fracture. You can find the thread about Sree and RP Singh on the second page IMO.
Oh yeh, brainfart moment. I actually remember reading it now that you've pointed it out :haha:
sreesanth is injured dhawan & joginder r big ommisions. joginder even won india the last 20/20 wc
Yes, Dhawan should have been there...he was wonderful in last IPL and also good in domestics But joginder is crap....he was just in the right place at the right time he almost lost it for us in that WC last over had it not been for the Misbah brainfart
Yes, Dhawan should have been there...he was wonderful in last IPL and also good in domestics But joginder is crap....he was just in the right place at the right time he almost lost it for us in that WC last over had it not been for the Misbah brainfart
but he bowled well in semis in lastover against Aua.could have been included in probables atleast
I really hope that Ishant and Zak don't make the cut..they could use a bit of rest. RP would be a much better option for T-20's anyway. And Munaf should never even be considered in LOIs. I am hoping some other quick who is impressive in the IPL gets the chance for T-20.
RR-this is the world cup.they are asked to bowl 4 overs every 2-3 days .they are not going to keel over from that.I hope we can defend our trophy and we need zak and IS in england.zak will be crucial if there is some swing on offer.
RR-this is the world cup.they are asked to bowl 4 overs every 2-3 days .they are not going to keel over from that.I hope we can defend our trophy and we need zak and IS in england.zak will be crucial if there is some swing on offer.
Ok i can see the logic behind keeping Zak..but what use would Ishant and Munaf be in T-20s? They are very poor in this particular format. Surely the likes of Dinda were in with a shout. We need gto have horses for courses.RP Singh is our best 20-20 bowler by some distance. And Irfan because of his batting should be the ideal 3rd seamer. Its only the 2nd seamer position that needs sorting out..

i agree on munaf-he should not be playing LOIs at all if RP and sreeshanth are fit.I think Ishant will play.he has problems in LOIs where he bowls one 4 ball an over whci completely screws up his figures in the game.he has developed a great slower ball and i hope he can use his IPL experience to good effect in the WC.I really hope RP is fit too because he will be selected in the 15 along with PK.

There's no reason why bowlers like Zak should be rested for T20 games. They're just asked to bowl 4 overs and that's not even a workout for most of these guys.
ZK should play. But Ishant Sharma is a very good Test match bowler, in T20 with all the no balls and free hit rules, and with edges flying over for 4s and 6s, I feel Ishant can just be rested from the squad.