India- favourites for 20-20 World Cup?

England will never win anythin big in men's cricket atleast for the next ten years, KP wil take care of tht. There are no favs in T20 WC but England wil not win.
Lulz, Sri i never said England would win, i was just trying to address the unpredictable nature of the T20 format :giggle:

I think India as a strong contenders for the winners but not the favourites....:giggle: my favourite will be Saffers just coz of their strong bowling and fielding that is better than anybody else playing....batting although good but its not the best...India have agood side as well but hey m keeping my fingers crossed.....hoping India does wel l:pray:

The bookmakers here in England actually have India as favourites for 20/20 World Cup and 2011 World Cup :-) India has proven its worth in all conditions. Actually, England just will not win it- they are useless more times than not...but good thing for them they did not pick Strauss. They really should pick Mascarenhas every match who can hit the ball a long way as Yuvraj can testify...

I'd probably say so. Defending champions with an excellent leader, strong and varied bowling attack, a long batting line-up, plenty of power players and a better fielding unit than in the past. Expect Australia, SA, NZ and maybe England (home) and Pakistan (runners-up last time) to be their main rivals in this tournament. Last time out in SA, I remember India destroying SA on a green juicy track in Durban- really enjoyed that as SA expected India to capitulate and were hammered :-)
Who cares about 20-20!! It is a ****ed up format. Too much slam-bam, not much artistry.
Makes me laugh that a lot of you guys diss 20-20 (and so did BCCI before SA 2007)- yet you do realise the reason why India's the best team in the world in 50 overs is because the players' experience in IPL which was formed due to the 20-20 WC win!
majority of us like t20.some hypocrite malcontents denigrate t20 but end up not just watching it but even posting about it on match threads.