Gambhir finally comes of age in the NZ tour

veer

Sehwag has so far compared Gambhir to "The Wall" and "The original little master". Both high praise and now it is bloody hard to live up to that bill. I hope Gambhir doesn't get carried away and play like the "The Wall" or the "Little Master". He is way more positive batsman than the other two and can do good if he carries on in the same vein.

Gambhir is a great batsman no doubt but he has hardly played enough cricket to be compared to even the wall leave apart Gavaskar ... but he has the potential no doubt but it would have to be seen if he is consistent
IMO The Wall > Gavaskar
amits' date=' could u lei us know ur yardsticks of comparisions?[/quote'] as i always make 100% geniune posts, so i will give this 1 as well - overall career batting avg - gambhir - 54.07 dravid - 52.53 gavaskar - 51.12 :hysterical: @ all those who think that 52.53 > 54.07 & 51.12 > 54.07 this proves that gambhir is better than dravid & gavaskar. also, gambhir has a better away record as well
as i always make 100% geniune posts, so i will give this 1 as well - overall career batting avg - gambhir - 54.07 dravid - 52.53 gavaskar - 51.12 :hysterical: @ all those who think that 52.53 > 54.07 & 51.12 > 54.07 this proves that gambhir is better than dravid & gavaskar. also, gambhir has a better away record as well
After 25 Tests Dravid - 57.45 http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/28114.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;spanmax1=15+Jan+1999;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting After 25 tests Dravid > Gambhir, now come back after a 110 more tests punk
So? Does that make him better than Dravid ? Dude u need to revisit your techniques of Comparisions. Edit:Incase u had a Brain Cell Damage /Malfunction i mentioned Dravid's first 25 Tests in comparision to Gambhir's only 25.