Malinga picks up a hat trick and Saffies chocking

King

Re: Malinga picks up a hat trick and Saffies chocking Just watched the highlights. It was really amazing! How on earth did he do that? On another note, just imagine how India would've fared if they had lost 4 wickets in 4 balls and what would our reactions have been!

Re: Malinga picks up a hat trick and Saffies chocking lol we have placed our self in similar situation, from 183 for 3 as sehwag went after scoring fantastic ton.. our team reached 199, and by that time they had lost 9 wickets... thanks to nehra scoring winning runz, with gr8 panic..

Re: Malinga picks up a hat trick and Saffies chocking Before the 96 series in England Waqar's strike rate was 36. That's amazing. However after all his injuries and loss of pace this decreased. I never saw too much of Waqar at his peak, I know he used to be great at finishing off the tail but how effective was he against the top order batsmen?

Re: Malinga picks up a hat trick and Saffies chocking

I never saw too much of Waqar at his peak' date=' I know he used to be great at finishing off the tail but how effective was he against the top order batsmen?[/quote'] He was pretty darn good. To this day I doubt I have seen a more ferocious fast bowler at his peak than Waqar in his hayday. Waqar was an out and out fast bowling animal. Yes he was animal because he was just so freaking raw. There was no style and panache of Holding or Imran, no theatrics of Donald and no menace of Ambrose of Marshall. What was there was the way Waqar ran in. Hard and fast. I must say I often wondered if any fast bowler has ever approached wickets faster than Waqar. He seemed like a 100 meter sprinter for crying out loud. Almost like pushing the earth with his feet, leaping into air and releasing with sheer pure. Yes it was animalistic raw power. He didnt have the guile of Akram, or the variations but man on song Waqar was the deadliest bowler to face, and thats saying a lot considering bowlers like Akram, Donald, Ambrose, Walsh, Srinath were still playing. By the way if you check YouTube you can find Waqar dismissing Hick, Gooch and many other top batsmen with his swinging yorkers. xxxxx

Before the 96 series in England Waqar's strike rate was 36. That's amazing. However after all his injuries and loss of pace this decreased. I never saw too much of Waqar at his peak' date=' I know he used to be great at finishing off the tail but how effective was he against the top order batsmen?[/quote'] To keep it simple, he was 10 times better than Shoaib Akthar. Fast accurate bowling was his forte. None including Akram could match fast reverse swinging yorkers Waqar produced.

Before the 96 series in England Waqar's strike rate was 36. That's amazing. However after all his injuries and loss of pace this decreased. I never saw too much of Waqar at his peak' date=' I know he used to be great at finishing off the tail but how effective was he against the top order batsmen?[/quote'] To keep it simple, he was 10 times better than Shoaib Akthar. Fast accurate bowling was his forte. None including Akram could match fast reverse swinging yorkers Waqar produced.
No it's not that simple because at his peak ( 4 years from 00 to 03) Shoaib was quite a force in world cricket but off course he wasn't as good as Waqar. Actually back in 1990 one of my friends went to watch Pakistan's game where Waqar got 3 or 4 wickets and to this day he tells me that the 2 dimensional TV coverage doesn't justify the kind of brilliance that he saw in person.