Best cricket ground in the world  

1. 1.

• Melbourne Cricket Ground (Australia)
    • Sydney Cricket Ground (Australia)
    • Lord's (England)
    • The Oval (England)
    • Headingly Leed's (England)
    • Trent Bridge (England)
    • Queenstown (New Zealand, edited in by Salil :D)
    • Eden Gardens (India)
    • Old Trafford Manchester (England)
    • Other (Please Mention in Post)

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand! p1000564.jpgp1000658.jpgp1000636i.jpgp1000570.jpgp1000686.jpg May not have the massive coliseum feel of the MCG, the history of the SCG or Lord's or Brabourne, or the same electric atmosphere as Eden Gardens or Queen's Park Oval. But damnit, it's impossible to FEEL closer to the game than you do at Queenstown. Relaxed, beautiful surroundings, incredibly friendly people, one of the few places you can actually chat w/ the 12th man for a while during the game, or exchange banter w/ the players on the boundary and bump into commentatorss while just shifting your blanket or deckchair. :D

Which ground according to you is the best in the world...??? Is it the Mecca of Cricket LORD'S Or is it the MCG Or is it the OVAL Or is it the EDEN GARDENS choice is yours :winky:
In terms of crowds, enthusiasm and capacity it is eden gardens But in terms of structure it might be a tie between Lords and MCG

Table Mountain is a beautiful sight indeed Gambo... I did visit Cape Town twice but never had the chance to see a game there. :(( For sentimental reasons the MCG's also very close to my heart... saw the fourth test of the last Ashes series there - which of course meant Shane Warne's final MOM performance, not to mention his 700th test wicket (a moment that had pretty much everyone in the ground - whether English, Aussie or neutral fans - close to tears). This was the magic moment w/ his teammates basically jumping on him and mobbing the great man. :D p1040171i.jpg The people I really felt sorry for were all the security guards (bottom left of this pic) who had to literally come out in a swarm to protect the boundary from any sudden pitch invasion right after #700 and couldn't see the celebrations in the middle. :D p1040175y.jpg

In terms of crowds, enthusiasm and capacity it is eden gardens But in terms of structure it might be a tie between Lords and MCG
In terms of crowds, chennai too - very sporting crowd. Which was the cricket ground that had a tree in the outfield? (i think it was in the playing area)
Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand! p1000564.jpgp1000658.jpgp1000636i.jpgp1000570.jpgp1000686.jpg May not have the massive coliseum feel of the MCG, the history of the SCG or Lord's or Brabourne, or the same electric atmosphere as Eden Gardens or Queen's Park Oval. But damnit, it's impossible to FEEL closer to the game than you do at Queenstown. Relaxed, beautiful surroundings, incredibly friendly people, one of the few places you can actually chat w/ the 12th man for a while during the game, or exchange banter w/ the players on the boundary and bump into commentatorss while just shifting your blanket or deckchair. :D
Lovely pics, such a romantic stadium :heart:, only if ...