Gambhir should captain Delhi Daredevils

amits

Viru rulez. You read my whole post, and didn't really make out the correct meaning of "he is very old for a fast bowler" That means, Sehwag wants to give him rest. As much as he wants. It's good. No one is talking about stats..
but my point is that McGrath is not asking for rest ... you said Sehwag is giving him rest as much as he wants .. but in every match McGrath is interviewed and he says he is raring to go .. so when McGrath does not want any rest if you are saying that McGrath is asking Veeru to give him some rest.. instead McGrath is raring to go as soon as he gets a chance.. I saw McGrath interviews and he seems a bit dejected after Sehwag is neglecting him for so 4 consecutive games

@cricketics - mcgrath too old for a fast bowler??? even last year, he had a economy rate of <6.5 when others were getting thrashed for 8 or more in an over. and if mumbai can have a 40-year old opening the batting, then y cant we have a 40-year old bowler. even mcgrath himself has said that he wants to play, and even now, mcgrath will turn out to be a better bowler & be difficult to score of than nannes, who is still to play even 1 international match and u always bring sehwags batting while talking of his captaincy. sehwag isnt a natural captain. even last year he took some pathetic decisions & we happened to lose some close matches while defending targets

abey amits, too old for a fast bowler to have a great stamin and play all games.. Hence he is resting a bit and would come into the site pumped up. Why do you think people say that Tendulkar shouldn't play few meaningless ODI series??? It's not that he is too old a batsman. It's just that people want him to not to get injured and stuff after playing such crappy teams or in series which don't matter much. Just 4 games have been played. 10 more to go.. Mcgrath will be integral part of this Daredevils squad and it's triumph..

abey amits, too old for a fast bowler to have a great stamin and play all games.. Hence he is resting a bit and would come into the site pumped up. Why do you think people say that Tendulkar shouldn't play few meaningless ODI series??? It's not that he is too old a batsman. It's just that people want him to not to get injured and stuff after playing such crappy teams or in series which don't matter much. Just 4 games have been played. 10 more to go.. Mcgrath will be integral part of this Daredevils squad and it's triumph..
mumbai have a 40 year old opening batsman who has played all mumbai matches in ipl so far. going by ur logic, they should rest him for 4-5 matches:hysterical: and even rajasthan royals should rest their 38 year old spinner for some matches going by ur logic:hysterical:

bharat297' date=' u r a domestic cricket illiterate. gambhir, has captained india a as well. also, he has captained for delhi in a warm-up match against pakistan[/quote'] he might be a cricket illiterate, but u seem like a feking illiterate... how can u make gumbys captan over viru? viru is a cool dude man and has a lot of experience under his belt - only if he steps down can we even consider gumbys. viru is undoubtedly the best man to marshall people like danny, gumbys, abd, dilshan, nannes, mcg, etc.

yes he will be... mcg will come in for games against mi, dc (i hope so!)

mumbai have a 40 year old opening batsman who has played all mumbai matches in ipl so far. going by ur logic' date=' they should rest him for 4-5 matches:hysterical: and even rajasthan royals should rest their 38 year old spinner for some matches going by ur logic:hysterical:[/quote'] mcgrath has been out of action since last ipl - he admitted that he has not touched the cricket ball since last IPL, so its logical to not bring him on sooner.

mcgrath has been out of action since last ipl - he admitted that he has not touched the cricket ball since last IPL' date=' so its logical to not bring him on sooner.[/quote'] For that matter even Hayden and Gilchrist also said that they had not played any cricket since they retired .. but have they lost their touch .. buddy they are cricketing geniuses and wont lose their touch so easily .. they have learnt cricket playing it for decades and I am sure McGrath will not fail when he comes to the team

he might be a cricket illiterate' date=' but u seem like a feking illiterate... how can u make gumbys captan over viru? viru is a cool dude man and has a lot of experience under his belt - only if he steps down can we even consider gumbys. viru is undoubtedly the best man to marshall people like danny, gumbys, abd, dilshan, nannes, mcg, etc.[/quote'] I am not saying Gambhir but Veeru is not a good captain at all.. most of his decisions are pathetic.. he cannot even take the responsibility of a team captain how can he manage a team.. even when he knows that his team is going through a difficult situation in a match he simply gifts away his wicket instead of leading from the front like a captain Vettori, ABDV might be better captains than Veeru although I am not sure about Gauti.. Vettori is also the captain of a national side and so he is expected to perform quite well

I am not saying Gambhir but Veeru is not a good captain at all.. most of his decisions are pathetic.. he cannot even take the responsibility of a team captain how can he manage a team.. even when he knows that his team is going through a difficult situation in a match he simply gifts away his wicket instead of leading from the front like a captain Vettori, ABDV might be better captains than Veeru although I am not sure about Gauti.. Vettori is also the captain of a national side and so he is expected to perform quite well
Viru is definitely not the best captain DD can have right now, but he is the best and only choice that DD have. You cannot make any other Indian player the captain apart from Viru based on seniority and experience. Dan is the only man who is the other capable captain but he will have to handle 7 Indian players, which is culturally very different. I do not expect him to do a good job from the word go. ABD still lacks experience to be a captain. Dan can be groomed as future DD captain ( note: I use the word grooming because IPL captaincy is different than national captaincy, esp. for a foreign player) along with Gumbys, but it has to be done in a correct manner (unlike KKR, BRC) i.e. only upon consultation with Viru and his consent!

For that matter even Hayden and Gilchrist also said that they had not played any cricket since they retired .. but have they lost their touch .. buddy they are cricketing geniuses and wont lose their touch so easily .. they have learnt cricket playing it for decades and I am sure McGrath will not fail when he comes to the team
I agree with you on that. On the other hand, DD have been winning matches with Nannes as their leading bowler with Nehra. So, the thought about not touching the winning combination is completely valid here. I forsee McGrath in next match or at most after 2 losses. I do not expect Viru to drop Nannes after few matches - just because McGrath is on the bench, that will definitely shatter the bowler's confidence. I think they will select Pigeon in the next match (as Nannes as been a little expensive in last 2 matches); but I will not be surprised if he is not, and it WILL not be BAD captaincy move, it won't be like Dhoni choosing Ashwin

Viru is definitely not the best captain DD can have right now' date=' but he is the best and only choice that DD have. You cannot make any other Indian player the captain apart from Viru based on seniority and experience. [b']Dan is the only man who is the other capable captain but he will have to handle 7 Indian players, which is culturally very different. I do not expect him to do a good job from the word go. ABD still lacks experience to be a captain. Dan can be groomed as future DD captain ( note: I use the word grooming because IPL captaincy is different than national captaincy, esp. for a foreign player) along with Gumbys, but it has to be done in a correct manner (unlike KKR, BRC) i.e. only upon consultation with Viru and his consent!
Let us not forget that Warne led a RR team with unknown Indian faces to IPL season 1 victory .. so foreign captains can easily gain the respect of the domestic players and coordinate with them .. and anyways all domestic players know that he is already a captain of NZ side and so there would not be any ego problem

Let us not forget that Warne led a RR team with unknown Indian faces to IPL season 1 victory .. so foreign captains can easily gain the respect of the domestic players and coordinate with them .. and anyways all domestic players know that he is already a captain of NZ side and so there would not be any ego problem
Its not a problem of ego - its problem of communication. What Shane Warne has done with RR is develop strong personal relationships with players (e.g. he visited Swapnil Asnodkar's house, etc. ). This makes him the leader of the team and he gets respect from the team player. I do not expect that Dan can do this while continuing to play international cricket. That is the sole reason I still am skeptical about DC being so successful. Also, there will be communication problem between the indian players and the international captain. Examples of BRC and KKR bolster my case (even though they seem to have fire-power on paper to tackle the opposition)! I am still watching DC closely and am expecting them to slip after their first loss or when Sharma and Gilchrist fail!

I agree with you on that. On the other hand' date=' DD have been winning matches with Nannes as their leading bowler with Nehra. So, the thought about not touching the winning combination is completely valid here. I forsee McGrath in next match or at most after 2 losses. I do not expect Viru to drop Nannes after few matches - just because McGrath is on the bench, that will definitely shatter the bowler's confidence. I think they will select Pigeon in the next match (as Nannes as been a little expensive in last 2 matches); but I will not be surprised if he is not, and it WILL not be BAD captaincy move, it won't be like Dhoni choosing Ashwin[/quote'] For all you Nannes fans who think he is doing his job perfectly well please check his stats in the last matches once again First match : Not even a single wicket and 24 runs in 3 overs and an economy of 8 RPO Second match: Not even a single wicket with 32 runs in 4 overs and an economy of 8 RPO Third match: 1 wicket with 24 runs in 4 overs and an economy of 6 RPO Fourth match : Not even a single wicket with 23 runs from 3.3 overs and an economy of 6.57 RPO So, bhailog he took only one wicket in 4 matches and has been expensive too .. all Nannes fans who like him over McGrath jaago and check the stats before neglecting McGrath

Its not a problem of ego - its problem of communication. What Shane Warne has done with RR is develop strong personal relationships with players (e.g. he visited Swapnil Asnodkar's house, etc. ). This makes him the leader of the team and he gets respect from the team player. I do not expect that Dan can do this while continuing to play international cricket. That is the sole reason I still am skeptical about DC being so successful. Also, there will be communication problem between the indian players and the international captain. Examples of BRC and KKR bolster my case (even though they seem to have fire-power on paper to tackle the opposition)! I am still watching DC closely and am expecting them to slip after their first loss or when Sharma and Gilchrist fail!
KKR and BRC have mailed due to their pathetic management .. Veenie Dildo and Mr. Batlivala pokes their fingers into cricket team's management without any reason .. so they are bound to face such problems .. I still think that Gayle would have been a better captain for KKR instead of McCullum as he is already captaining the West Indies side and is a terrific hitter himself .. Bhookha Naan has also been given too much power by Veenie Dildo and that is also one of the primary reasons for KKR's failure KP is not respected in his own country .. so do you think he will be respected in BRC.. and he went out on two ducks being a pathetic player .. so you do not expect BRC to do well Gilcrhist has always been regarded as a great players as well as a great human being ... ask anybody and they will tell you how humble Sachin, Gilly etc. are .. and he leads from the front with his power hitting which is always important for a captain to motivate his team .. Warne also leads from the front ... foreign players will work well as captains too if they are choosen properly .. I am sure of that

McGrath hasnt had much Match Practice' date=' he would know whether he is ready for a game and then should make himself available[/quote'] Bhai he is saying in each match interview that he wants to play the matches .. he is raring to go but Veeru is not picking him .. he has made himself available if you are asking about that