The IPL Kitty

flamy

its unfortunate for pujara & kkr that he isnt playing due to injury. they have to play the explosive aakash chopra instead. i hope pujara gets well soon & even aakash chopra does well in 20/20 cricket as for others, abhishek routh(or is it abhishek nayar), karan goel & kamran khan have looked impressive. kamran khan should join the india u-19 team after this ipl

R. Ashwin :isalute: someone told me he spun the ball a mile in the other thread. but wouldn't that be a wide? or does he land the ball a mile away and spin it back? Is that legal??? :woot:
How long does it take for a ball to spin a mile? Wouldn't that slow down the over rate?

How long does it take for a ball to spin a mile? Wouldn't that slow down the over rate?
no you n00b, he's the Atul Sharma of spinners. before the batsmen can bring the bat down, the ball would've gone past him taken the stumps with it to the boundary ropes.

no you n00b' date=' he's the Atul Sharma of spinners. before the batsmen can bring the bat down, the ball would've gone past him taken the stumps with it to the boundary ropes.[/quote'] Actually he is so fast that he bowled his spell in the last match and no one noticed :((

As opposed to Irfan Pathan who's clearly a spinner-allrounder? LOL! Put these one-off IPL performances aside and then you'll see Pathan the seamer is streets ahead of Nayar. Infact, Irfan's overall record is a shade better than the highly rated Windian Bravo. You see, disappointment is a function of expectations (Indian Akram and all that). :winky:
I'd suspect his record his better because of his earlier years. My main beef with him is, he is becoming another agarkar in the death overs. And, when given the new ball, he is not utilizing it properly. He was very good in the T20 WC. But, then he got too comfy again, I guess. Also, Nayar is a good prospect for tests.

I'd suspect his record his better because of his earlier years. My main beef with him is, he is becoming another agarkar in the death overs. And, when given the new ball, he is not utilizing it properly. He was very good in the T20 WC. But, then he got too comfy again, I guess. Also, Nayar is a good prospect for tests.
+1, exactly same thoughts...he is becoming next agarkar..neither as a batsman nor as a bowler he is cannon fodder nowadays Time to look for some other allrounder options, unless he drastically improves