Who is the Fastest Indian bowler at present? Both International and Domestic

Malcolm Merlyn

Who is the Fastest bowler in India now?Including both Domestic and International 1.Ishant Sharma(152.6 kmph in australia) 2.Kamran khan(142 kmph in IPL) 3.Anureet Singh 4.Umesh Yadav(Hit 140s in duleep trophy) 5.Shantanu Pitre(listed as right arm fast in cricinfo...meaning must be above 140ks 7.Rahil Sheikh 8.VRV Singh 9Abid Nabi..if he is allowed back in domestic cricket 10.Munaf Patel...considering he forgets what chappel n frazier taught him n goes back to what he was(clocked 147ks when he 1st came ?????ATUL SHARMA....if he exists please add any other names which you guys think

Who is the Fastest bowler in India now?Including both Domestic and International 1.Ishant Sharma(152.6 kmph in australia) 2.Kamran khan(142 kmph in IPL) 3.Anureet Singh 4.Umesh Yadav(Hit 140s in duleep trophy) 5.Shantanu Pitre(listed as right arm fast in cricinfo...meaning must be above 140ks 7.Rahil Sheikh 8.VRV Singh 9Abid Nabi..if he is allowed back in domestic cricket 10.Munaf Patel...considering he forgets what chappel n frazier taught him n goes back to what he was(clocked 147ks when he 1st came ?????ATUL SHARMA....if he exists please add any other names which you guys think
I have not heart of Anureet Singh - have you seen him bowl over 145kph or read about his pace? People listed as right arm fast on cricinfo are not necessarily fast, it is just a default setting for bowlers. Abid Nabi bowls at 130kph, from what I saw in the ICL.

I have not heart of Anureet Singh - have you seen him bowl over 145kph or read about his pace? People listed as right arm fast on cricinfo are not necessarily fast' date=' it is just a default setting for bowlers. Abid Nabi bowls at 130kph, from what I saw in the ICL.[/quote'] well i havent seen abureet bowl but heard that in kkr camp he was quick and even hit mumbai's vinti indulkar All bowlers in cricinfo are not listed as right arm fast most indians are either fast medium or medium fast....ishant sharma is the only among current who is listed as fast i agree that in ICL he clocked 130ks but i doubt those speed guns they showed Shane Bond at 135s wth ocaasional at 140 we knw hw fast he is..constantly over 140

Ishant and RP are two that can bowl consistently above 140 in test cricket.
Actually, Ravi - RP was bowling well into the late 130s in Australia and England, and was bowling well at the T20 WC (and the games after, the 144kmph yorker to get Gilly) - but he seems to dropped off the pace significantly because the highest he clocked yesterday was just 130 kmph, which is very unfortunate because he is an excellent prospect.

Actually' date=' Ravi - RP was bowling well into the late 130s in Australia and England, and was bowling well at the T20 WC (and the games after, the 144kmph yorker to get Gilly) - but he seems to dropped off the pace significantly because the highest he clocked yesterday was just 130 kmph, which is very unfortunate because he is an excellent prospect.[/quote'] You can't go by Twenty20 and that is why I mentioned test cricket. In longer bursts the body is warmed up and the bowlers are primed to bowl quick. In a Twenty20 the bowlers tend to bowl 2 overs spell and that is not good to be able to bowl fast.

All bowlers in cricinfo are not listed as right arm fast most indians are either fast medium or medium fast....ishant sharma is the only among current who is listed as fast
I mean that it is the default setting, or a standard setting. Look at this, listed as right arm fast but no more than 125kph. Just trust me when I say to take no notice of the cricinfo speed classifications.

well i havent seen abureet bowl but heard that in kkr camp he was quick and even hit mumbai's vinti indulkar
Oh yeh, he appears to have some pace to him (just did a quick google search), but don't expect him to be too quick - you know how the media can over exaggerate. It is a shame because I doubt he'll get a place in the side when there is Dinda, Ishant, Agarkar, Kartik ahead of him and Mendis too.

I mean that it is the default setting' date=' or a standard setting. Look at this, listed as right arm fast but no more than 125kph. Just trust me when I say to take no notice of the cricinfo speed classifications.
i agree...but did you see that programme in which he was the winner how much did he clock? by the looks of it the most promising is kamran khan and may be the endangered species.....if he is 160kmph..then really rare in world n d 1st in india..

i agree...but did you see that programme in which he was the winner how much did he clock? by the looks of it the most promising is kamran khan and may be the endangered species.....if he is 160kmph..then really rare in world n d 1st in india..
I didn't see speed gun readings in the show but recall reading that he clocks at 125kph.

What about Gony guys ? This chap desereves a chance in test cricket ahead of trundlers like balaji & patel etc. I wud definitely pick either srisanath or rp as 3rd seamer, but Gony is definitely a good option 2 bk up Ishant & Zaheer, especially touring abroad.

What about Gony guys ? This chap desereves a chance in test cricket ahead of trundlers like balaji & patel etc. I wud definitely pick either srisanath or rp as 3rd seamer' date=' but Gony is definitely a good option 2 bk up Ishant & Zaheer, especially touring abroad.[/quote'] He gets good bounce but apart from them he isn't fast, accurate or versatile enough for test cricket.

What about Gony guys ? This chap desereves a chance in test cricket ahead of trundlers like balaji & patel etc. I wud definitely pick either srisanath or rp as 3rd seamer' date=' but Gony is definitely a good option 2 bk up Ishant & Zaheer, especially touring abroad.[/quote'] If only Test cricket was as simple as bowling 135kph and getting some bounce. He has 32 First Class wickets at 44.31. He clearly does not have the accuracy nor the wicket taking ability for Test match cricket, just yet.

Speed guns in todays match looked accurate...measuring bowlers in the spped we knw they bowl at Steyn Fastest at 148....went to the boundry though that ball albie in mid n high 130s Gony in early 130s n one at 138 i guess In the last match i remember kumble clocked at 77kmph he never bowls that slow...that speed gun is a....