Atul Sharma Bowling (Video)

Gambit

If we look recently. There has been... - Brett Lee (success) - Shoaib Akthar (success but injury) - Dale Steyn (success) - Shane Bond (success but injury) - Mohammad Zahid (injury) - Allan Donald (success) - Nantie Hayward (failure) - Mohammad Sami (failure) But that is just off the top of my head.
You can add Johnson as a success, Morkel as an intermediate My point was that you'd rarely find rank failures in such lists (Sami wasnt that bad when he was at full tilt, not like the pie bowler he was when he came to India last time). And either way even if they're injured for long periods of time, they tend to sway the outcome of the matches that they play bigtime. Contrast that to the number of "skilled" medium pace bowlers. You'd find a lot more failures than successes. Everone ranging from the Boa Constrictor to Munaf Patel to Nuwan Kulasekara (or even the "great eared one").

Guest Hiten.

Sad part is, not India but someone else produced India's "potential" fast bowler. I hope BCCI gets Ian Pont in MRF academy ASAP (once Atul is "unleashed").

You can add Johnson as a success, Morkel as an intermediate My point was that you'd rarely find rank failures in such lists (Sami wasnt that bad when he was at full tilt, not like the pie bowler he was when he came to India last time). And either way even if they're injured for long periods of time, they tend to sway the outcome of the matches that they play bigtime. Contrast that to the number of "skilled" medium pace bowlers. You'd find a lot more failures than successes. Everone ranging from the Boa Constrictor to Munaf Patel to Nuwan Kulasekara (or even the "great eared one").
agreed on that one that the percentage of FAIL is far more in medium-phast pacers than in uber-fast types. BUT, discussion was about out and out fast and percentages are pretty low as well

Sad part is' date=' not India but someone else produced India's "potential" fast bowler. I hope BCCI gets Ian Pont in MRF academy ASAP (once Atul is "unleashed").[/quote'] Ian Pont has got his own Maverick Academy but if BCCI pays him more $$$ he might join MRF

Guest gaurav_indian
Flamy please PM your private email address..I cannot PM you back
hi Ian thanks for releasing a video finally.You dont know how excited we are.Just two questions will he play in the upcoming matches i know that depends on RR and the team management but still?And how serious his injury is?

even i was 1 of those who believed atul 170 kph existed :D he did bowl at 173 kph in the warm-up match but :mad:ly he got injured. hope he gets fit in time to play 1-2 ipl matches and :finger: @ atul sharma haters. atul sharma is going to win us the 2011 wc. u heard it here 1st :D
how do u know he bowled at 173 kph in the warm up match?

agreed on that one that the percentage of FAIL is far more in medium-phast pacers than in uber-fast types. BUT, discussion was about out and out fast and percentages are pretty low as well
Which sort of makes my point. If you're über fast, you're chances of success are higher. I'll answer your other post later.