Some things to consider for Dhoni

Zap_Brannigan

R Ashwin : Matches played - 11 Bolwing avg. - 21.3 Econ. - 6.3 Jakati : Matches played - 5 Bolwing avg. - 19.3 Econ. - 5.8 Murali Vijay: First Class bat avg - 50 list a avg - 44 @ 80 SR T20 avg - 18 @ 120 Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan: Bat - 23 @ 136 Bowl - 16.25 @ 7.2 RPO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P Patel : Bat - 22 @ 110 Jogi : Bowl - 30 @ 8.6 RPO Bat - 13 @ 130

He, time and again puts the blame on the bowlers. We did bowl badly in the depth but we have also batted badly in the depth. 88 in the 1st 10 overs and just 77 in the last 10 esp 12 runs in last 2 overs. Reg. bowling, how the games wd have been different if we have a bowler instead of jogi. I dont know why jogi is in the team?As a bowler? A proper bowler could have replaced flintoff when he got hit, cd have replaced balaji yesterday. But our great leader thinks that jogi's 1 over is gd enuf for him to be in the team and blames the bowlers.Heres a clue for him, replace jogi with a proper bowler, so that when we have 1 bowler goin for runs, you can use the 6th bowler.

He' date=' time and again puts the blame on the bowlers. We did bowl badly in the depth but we have also batted badly in the depth. 88 in the 1st 10 overs and just 77 in the last 10 esp 12 runs in last 2 overs. Reg. bowling, how the games wd have been different if we have a bowler instead of jogi. I dont know why jogi is in the team?As a bowler? A proper bowler could have replaced flintoff when he got hit, cd have replaced balaji yesterday. But our great leader thinks that jogi's 1 over is gd enuf for him to be in the team and blames the bowlers.Heres a clue for him, replace jogi with a proper bowler, so that when we have 1 bowler goin for runs, you can use the 6th bowler.
as a friend of m$d? :dontknow: I mean as a bowler, he should not be in the 11.

I've said it in the past. Dhoni himself is very ineffectual in T20. Poor Badri needs to bat higher than Dhoni and not be treated like some slogger who can be shunted up and down at the whims of the Captain. I really feel for Badri. Dhoni doesn't deserve a place in the team as a batsman.

I think next time (2010, 2011?) whenever the CSK owners select a new team for chennai - they should drop Dhoni, take the million dollars they spend for him and find other good batsmen, a wicketkeeper etc. They can appoint a new captain depending on the selection of players available then. Or, keep m$d as a wicketkeeper+lower order batsman, but pay him only like 450,000.

I cant believe CSK are lingering at their current position. With the team that we got we should have made the SF easily. Now they gotta win atleast six outta the remaining nine games which I think will be damn difficult unless they get the team right. I am not sure if Fleming has got any say in the team selection, if he does have, then it is some poor management from his part.

I've said it in the past. Dhoni himself is very ineffectual in T20. Poor Badri needs to bat higher than Dhoni and not be treated like some slogger who can be shunted up and down at the whims of the Captain. I really feel for Badri. Dhoni doesn't deserve a place in the team as a batsman.
i sense sarcasm :hmmm:

I think next time (2010, 2011?) whenever the CSK owners select a new team for chennai - they should drop Dhoni, take the million dollars they spend for him and find other good batsmen, a wicketkeeper etc. They can appoint a new captain depending on the selection of players available then. Or, keep m as a wicketkeeper+lower order batsman, but pay him only like 450,000.
Some other team will get him

If I were Dhoni , my chennai team : M Vijay M Hayden Raina Dhoni Badrinath Morkel Oram Ashwin Balaji Jakati Ntini
Dropping Muralitharan is a joke... What world are you in? I'd drop Morkel or if need be keep Morkel and drop Oram. I'd have Ashwin in and Jakati out. Rest looks good with one major exception. Get Badri 2 down. and Dhoni @ 3 down. Balaji sucks and should be sent to bowl RIGHT AFTER the strategy break (11th over on) along with murali where he can be the most effective.