Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar

King

Re: Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar

If you want to get rid of Sachin, then you must prove you have a "Sachin II" waiting in the wings who has all the talent SRT has plus something else. We don't have that, ... so he stays (in both ODIs and Tests)
And thats an Indian fan in a nutshell for you. I wonder if that school of thought was followed by other countries would Don Bradman ever retire? Or a Gary Sobers? Or a Viv Richards.. As that song went...It Happens only in India.. :stickman: :stickman:

Everybody seems to be complicating this matter way too much. Forget what Chappell thinks, forget YOUR EXPECTATIONS of Sachin hitting a ton or ending world hunger, or whatever ... ... just realize that he is still immensely talented and that any ostensible replacement would be LESS TALENTED. If you want to get rid of Sachin, then you must prove you have a "Sachin II" waiting in the wings who has all the talent SRT has plus something else. We don't have that, ... so he stays (in both ODIs and Tests) (By the way, ... I no longer believe he is a match winner, and so I won't hold him to that. My more sobering assessment is that on average, he is an excellent batsman, and thus deserves a place even though more times than not, he fails in meaningful games).
Yes we have a Sachin II waiting. His name is Manoj Tiwari. Can u prove that Manoj isnt the next Sachin ? How would we know unless we try him at the top level ? And btw, SRT took 3-4 years before the world recognized the player in him. So if we are looking for someone with "Sachin II" written on their nameplate, we may have to keep lookin forever. Instead we must find someone with potential & groom him. Thats the best way to produce players who will serve us for long.

Everybody seems to be complicating this matter way too much. Forget what Chappell thinks, forget YOUR EXPECTATIONS of Sachin hitting a ton or ending world hunger, or whatever ... ... just realize that he is still immensely talented and that any ostensible replacement would be LESS TALENTED. If you want to get rid of Sachin, then you must prove you have a "Sachin II" waiting in the wings who has all the talent SRT has plus something else. We don't have that, ... so he stays (in both ODIs and Tests) (By the way, ... I no longer believe he is a match winner, and so I won't hold him to that. My more sobering assessment is that on average, he is an excellent batsman, and thus deserves a place even though more times than not, he fails in meaningful games).
Yes we have a Sachin II waiting. His name is Manoj Tiwari. Can u prove that Manoj isnt the next Sachin ? How would we know unless we try him at the top level ? .
That's what they said about Amol Mazumdar from mumbai too. We all know how that story ended.

Re: Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar Agree with predator..... If he is not scoring like a star or God then he needs to be treated like a human ....and all this bullshit about sachin deciding when he wants to go is so much bull shit.... No wonder he is dying to be skipper now...that is the only way he can guarentee a permanent place in the team now.

Yes we have a Sachin II waiting. His name is Manoj Tiwari. Can u prove that Manoj isnt the next Sachin ? How would we know unless we try him at the top level ? And btw, SRT took 3-4 years before the world recognized the player in him. So if we are looking for someone with "Sachin II" written on their nameplate, we may have to keep lookin forever. Instead we must find someone with potential & groom him. Thats the best way to produce players who will serve us for long.
:hail::hail::hail:

sachin 2 will come along only if the srt mafia allows him to....
be careful, we have one on this board as well. :lmao:
Dont be afraid to name them Yods ... :hic:
Neki aur puch puch :lmao: :lmao:

let's see. there is a balwan, a jedi in the process of being taken over by the dark side, a mania from mars i believe, a guy whose name rhymes with a scooter, a godfather - tough group that. :chin:

let's see. there is a balwan, a jedi in the process of being taken over by the dark side, a mania from mars i believe, a guy whose name rhymes with a scooter, a godfather - tough group that. :chin:
How can u leave the doc & yours truly out of it :mad:

How can u leave the doc & yours truly out of it :mad:
bumps, this is the srt mafia. unless you are willing to :shotgun: when someone criticizes the man, especially after a failure, no admission. :lmao:

WHY the DOUBLE-STANDARDS re; Tendulkar. IF the lard-ball isn't scoring runs' date=' drop him. Who gives a sh*t how great he was throughout his career; put the past behind and let's move on. The situation has worsened to the extent that Tendulkar's presence in the side is now hurting India, as he continues to block the path for young talent and isn't doing enough to hold down a place in the squad. He is no longer as indispensable as he once was. The sooner our BCCI tools realise this, the better.[/quote'] Who cares wat u think:roll: , he is NOT going out of the team. Keep crying and pray for him to retire after 2015 World cup. Hail The God!!!

And btw, SRT took 3-4 years before the world recognized the player in him.
Not true. In his very first season he had scored half centuries against Pak, a near century against NZ, and a century against Eng all abroad. He then followed it up with a stupendous performance in Aus. Though I agree he should go and play county cricket instead of waste his time touring BD.