VVS in our scheme of things :Gilly

gaurav92

CENTURION: Deccan Chargers skipper Adam Gilchrist has said VVS Laxman is still in the scheme of things despite the fact that the Indian middle-order batsman was rested to give youngster T Suman an opportunity in Thursday's encounter against the Delhi Daredevils. Former Chargers captain Laxman has had an unimpressive outing with the bat so far and was replaced by Suman, who scored 23 in the Indian Premier League match which they lost by six wickets. "T Suman has been playing well in the nets, so we decided to give him an opportunity. It does not means that VVS is out of contention. He is always there, but we also wanted to test some youngsters," said Gilchrist after his team went down for the first time in the tournament. The former Australian stumper felt they were 15-20 runs short in their match against the Daredevils. "I think we started badly. Losing Gibbs and me in quick succession did us in. Although we recovered well, but I think we fell short by 15-20 runs. Dwayne Smith batted well but he needed someone at the other end to keep us going," he said. Gilchrist said they were in the game till the partnership between Tillakaratne Dilshan and Dinesh Karthik put it beyond them. "I think the partnership between Dilshan and Karthik changed the momentum. The match to an extent was in our control after we made early inroads, but we somehow failed to stop them. There are times when you plan well but cannot execute them. I think it was one those days," said Gilchrist.

Laxman should just retire from T20 - looks hilariously bad trying to cope with the pace of it. Just pack it in old man :haha:
lol...deccans just not using him right...if he opened he can smash fours during the first powerplay....should be back soon...it takes time to adjust since he hasnt played much limited overs cricket

lol...deccans just not using him right...if he opened he can smash fours during the first powerplay....should be back soon...it takes time to adjust since he hasnt played much limited overs cricket
rohan495 is back :yay::yay::yay:

Wait..what? Why're you using that logic? I thought it was the fad to go around every single thread and say that Laxman sucks and because he failed in IPL, it shows why never got a chance to prove himself in the ODIs - he just sucks. BTW, because he lost his form, lets give the #6 position in Test Matches to Yusuf Pathan - atleast he can hit sixes and fours?

Why would you drop Gibbs down to number 3 when he has been doing very well as an opener? What's the point of trying to fix what's not broken, just to somehow fit Laxman in ? Players have to fit into a cricket team and not vice versa, no matter how great the player may be.

Why would you drop Gibbs down to number 3 when he has been doing very well as an opener? What's the point of trying to fix what's not broken, just to somehow fit Laxman in ? Players have to fit into a cricket team and not vice versa, no matter how great the player may be.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

u dont talk like that to Rohan :nono: :D he worships Laxman man so :winky:

Not very well, i would say an average performance with just that one game where he brought victory closer. I mean its not really stand out because hes been failing lately, The team would be a lot stronger like this 1. Gilchrist 2. Laxman 3. Gibbs 4. Sharma 5. Suman 6. Styris 7. Shoaib 8. RP Singh 9. Vaas 10. Ohja 11. Vijaykumar

Not very well, i would say an average performance with just that one game where he brought victory closer. I mean its not really stand out because hes been failing lately, The team would be a lot stronger like this 1. Gilchrist 2. Laxman 3. Gibbs 4. Sharma 5. Suman 6. Styris 7. Shoaib 8. RP Singh 9. Vaas 10. Ohja 11. Vijaykumar
laxman is better @ no.3 my xi gilly gibbsy laxy.....oops sorry laxman :giggle: rohit sharma suman smith...till hes playing...otherwise replace him with ryan harris venu....or bilakhia as gilly wishes ojha rp singh shoaib maqsusi....or harmeet as gilly wishes vaasyyyyyyyyyyy.......when edwards is not there laxman shouldn't opening the batting for the dischargers

for those making baseless accusations about laxman. check out laxmans & gibbss stats when opening. u will c that laxman has better stats as opener than gibbs. currently the team is bending over to have gibbs as an opener whereas gibbs should start batting at 3 for the teams sake. laxman, even shared a record opening stand with gilchrist last year

for those making baseless accusations about laxman. check out laxmans & gibbss stats when opening. u will c that laxman has better stats as opener than gibbs. currently the team is bending over to have gibbs as an opener whereas gibbs should start batting at 3 for the teams sake. laxman' date=' even shared a record opening stand with gilchrist last year[/quote'] Yea its unfortunate Amits, but the harsh reality is that Gibbs will be favored more since its South Africa, so if its between Laxman and Gibbs, Gibbs it is. We all know that Laxman is not really an agressive person, so he will not force anything. Personally as sad it is i would rather see VVS leave for his county stint in England. Because no matter how well or how bad he plays he will always be classified harshly as being a misfit to t20 cricket. Atleast his county stint will bring about more respect for himself

and also hope laxman does well in the 20/20 matches in county cricket. last time, he had a good performance in the pro40 & almost won lancashire the county championship