Modi

bunny

It is mainly due to Modi that IPL has become so successful .. it is a huge hit even in SA when everybody said that the stadiums would be empty Whenever Modi announces something the South African people cheer him .. that shows how well he has presented himself and IPL

It is mainly due to Modi that IPL has become so successful .. it is a huge hit even in SA when everybody said that the stadiums would be empty Whenever Modi announces something the South African people cheer him .. that shows how well he has presented himself and IPL
Exactly. He has done a good job and we need to understand it that its a commercial venture with huge money at stake. A lot of people have thrown in their money and they want to earn back. IPL is no charity for our entertainment.

Successful people are typically shameless and don't mind pimping the product they are trying to sell, often times with a straight face even if they know what they are selling is a POS. Modis no different and in his case the product he is selling is quite exciting. So why not?

I dont know about him but whenever I see him, I feel like hitting him. May be because Kapil Dev started this concept but all hail Modi as the founder and creator. Whether u like it or not, he is the boss.
My dad once told me, it is not the inventors who are successful, it is the people who take up that innovation and mould it into a product who win in the end. And they deserve it too. When everyone thought, there may be no IPL this year, Modi has brought it to fruition. And he has got crowds in - by hook or crook. :hatsoff: to Modi

20 years ago, BCCI were no different than the PCB. It is because of people like Dalmiya and Modi, that the BCCI has become one of the biggest sporting board in the world. Ranji players made 2000 Rs per game back then. Now they earn in lakhs. We could have easily been another IHF or PCB had it not been for people like these.

My dad once told me, it is not the inventors who are successful, it is the people who take up that innovation and mould it into a product who win in the end. And they deserve it too. When everyone thought, there may be no IPL this year, Modi has brought it to fruition. And he has got crowds in - by hook or crook. :hatsoff: to Modi
Exactly. There is a say that "The one who invented electricity didn't make money. The one who invented the meter did." How many people know Jim Clark first conceptualized a mouse with a computer? It wasn't Bill Gates who thought of the Windows first. But it is he who made the money out of it because he was a better businessman. How many of you know of Pavan Nigam's role in what modern computer software are today? But he was never even a businessman. He was happy with his salary. How many of you know that neither Larry Page neither Sergey Brin conceptualized the revolutionary Google adwords "Pay Per Click" contextual search engine advertising model? But they made the money. Who can name who actually invented the concept? The man who discovered Penicillin died ever knowing what a great discovery he made. Some drug company one day found his article in an obscure magazine long after his death and made a fortune over it. History is full of such stories. One develops a great concept and someone else with a better business mind makes the money. Nothing wrong with it though.

Exactly. There is a say that "The one who invented electricity didn't make money. The one who invented the meter did." How many people know Jim Clark first conceptualized a mouse with a computer? It wasn't Bill Gates who thought of the Windows first. But it is he who made the money out of it because he was a better businessman. How many of you know of Pavan Nigam's role in what modern computer software are today? But he was never even a businessman. He was happy with his salary. How many of you know that neither Larry Page neither Sergey Brin conceptualized the revolutionary Google adwords "Pay Per Click" contextual search engine advertising model? But they made the money. Who can name who actually invented the concept? The man who discovered Penicillin died ever knowing what a great discovery he made. Some drug company one day found his article in an obscure magazine long after his death and made a fortune over it. History is full of such stories. One develops a great concept and someone else with a better business mind makes the money. Nothing wrong with it though.
Or somebody who can just steal and monopolize.