Vodafone Ad Sucks!!

The Dark Horse

I like the concept but not the execution....but the animations are of good quality. They have worked on details.
actually they are not animations they are men wearing suits.the back ground has been added later.thats why execution has been awry at times.i saw the making n was amazed

I like the concept but not the execution....but the animations are of good quality. They have worked on details.
some interesting facts i read in the comments : Prakash Varma, ad filmmaker, Nirvana Films, has directed the commercials. He says " No, they arent animated characters. They are human beings who were made to wear body suits. The design of the characters is such that one gets fooled into thinking it is animation, shrugs Rao, which was indeed the very illusion that had to be created. In a sense, it is live animation! he quips, referring to the fact that it was all shot live. " All Zoozoo characters are human, south african theater actors(specially females), wearing egg shaped customized helmet. The helmet has no hole to view outside. These character are blind (a very small hole to hear and breath) when actually shooting is done. Vodafone has tied up with O&M to create 30 ads during IPL. Each day, during IPL , they will release one new ad. Each ad making cost is Rs. 1 crore only by O&M Zoozoo has gained more then 46240 fans on facebook The films were shot by Nirvana in Cape Town, South Africa, with the help of a local production house there, called Platypus. Incidentally, the same combination of people also worked on the Happy to Help series last year. When asked whether Cape Town is fast becoming a tourist spot for Vodafone and Nirvana, Varma laughs, saying, Oh no! Its just that we are very comfortable with the team there and know what sort of work to expect from them.

actually they are not animations they are men wearing suits.the back ground has been added later.thats why execution has been awry at times.i saw the making n was amazed
some interesting facts i read in the comments : Prakash Varma, ad filmmaker, Nirvana Films, has directed the commercials. He says " No, they arent animated characters. They are human beings who were made to wear body suits. The design of the characters is such that one gets fooled into thinking it is animation, shrugs Rao, which was indeed the very illusion that had to be created. In a sense, it is live animation! he quips, referring to the fact that it was all shot live. " All Zoozoo characters are human, south african theater actors(specially females), wearing egg shaped customized helmet. The helmet has no hole to view outside. These character are blind (a very small hole to hear and breath) when actually shooting is done. Vodafone has tied up with O&M to create 30 ads during IPL. Each day, during IPL , they will release one new ad. Each ad making cost is Rs. 1 crore only by O&M Zoozoo has gained more then 46240 fans on facebook The films were shot by Nirvana in Cape Town, South Africa, with the help of a local production house there, called Platypus. Incidentally, the same combination of people also worked on the Happy to Help series last year. When asked whether Cape Town is fast becoming a tourist spot for Vodafone and Nirvana, Varma laughs, saying, Oh no! Its just that we are very comfortable with the team there and know what sort of work to expect from them.
Thanks for the information...no wonder they look so real. But honestly, I think they are spending too much money after these ads. I am sure it must have sounded great at concept level, but the final products are not as attractive especially given that the cost is a crore per ad. I honestly can not understand why the cost of production is so high. I liked their earlier ads when the brand was known as Hutch. Loved that dog & boy ad.

Thanks for the information...no wonder they look so real. But honestly, I think they are spending too much money after these ads. I am sure it must have sounded great at concept level, but the final products are not as attractive especially given that the cost is a crore per ad. I honestly can not understand why the cost of production is so high. I liked their earlier ads when the brand was known as Hutch. Loved that dog & boy ad.
That dog got > 50 lacs/ad

ya i lovedthe old hutch, esp. the song, also the dog. These zoozoos may be good but are irritating to the ear Once a wicket falls, I used to wait eagerly for the replays only to hear the keekeekeekee>>>:biggrin: of the snowman or whatever.