Someone please abduct Hayden please.....

King

Otherwise none of the teams will be able to lay hands on the IPL trophy Rajastan Royals included. Is he getting better with age or what? He was the star of 2007 WC when he was written off as past sale by date and just few months ago was pretty much forced to retire. Now he walks into IPL tourney in South Africa and owns it. A true legend. If you look at the other Aussies in the tourney they aren't too far behind performing similar feat. Gilly and Warne have been as good as Hayden but Hayden is one guy the opponents would like to see back in the pavillion. The bowlers must be shaking in their boots at the top of the mark getting ready to bowl to Hayden. Last night's knock was high octane stuff. What a legend :hatsoff:

he is CSKs kohinoor diamond :--D but yea he has been in prime form..i cant believe this is the same Hayden that ppl were calling to be dropped from the Aussie squad some time back..that Hayden looks like a ghost of the present power packed Haydos

There are only two left handers at present who have that massive stride and are big. Graeme Smith and Hayden. But Hayden has crazy shots in his arsenal and his walking down the track and destroying the bowler by disturbing their rhythm is second to none. I always wondered why Gilly and Hayden were prematurely forced to retirement by the Aussies just because of not playing to their potential for 1 or 2 series due to lack form.

Otherwise none of the teams will be able to lay hands on the IPL trophy Rajastan Royals included. Is he getting better with age or what? He was the star of 2007 WC when he was written off as past sale by date and just few months ago was pretty much forced to retire. Now he walks into IPL tourney in South Africa and owns it. A true legend. If you look at the other Aussies in the tourney they aren't too far behind performing similar feat. Gilly and Warne have been as good as Hayden but Hayden is one guy the opponents would like to see back in the pavillion. The bowlers must be shaking in their boots at the top of the mark getting ready to bowl to Hayden. Last night's knock was high octane stuff. What a legend :hatsoff:
He is zimbly awesome man!!!

There are only two left handers at present who have that massive stride and are big. Graeme Smith and Hayden. But Hayden has crazy shots in his arsenal and his walking down the track and destroying the bowler by disturbing their rhythm is second to none. I always wondered why Gilly and Hayden were prematurely forced to retirement by the Aussies just because of not playing to their potential for 1 or 2 series due to lack form.
Gilly wasnt forced , he just didnt feel like playing anymore .. IMO he had already achieved everything in international cricket .. World cups , ashes , beat India in India :(( , Champions trophy ... I dont think he was motivated enough to contribute as much as he liked to. As for Hayden , he pretty much sucked for a year before they forced him to retire

I wonder which Indian legend has been able to live up to their bill as much as Hayden has done. We have Sehwag, Tendulkar, Rahul, VVS, Kumble, Yuvraj and a few others. All of these mentioned have had impact in a game or two but not as much as Hayden. This is not about comparison but just mentioning what no added pressure can do to a player. Hayden has no pressure whatsoever after the retirement and as he rightly put he is enjoying. That can't be said about the Indian cricketers. They still are under fair bit of pressure to perform. Just to contradict myself, Hayden had lot of pressure coming into WC'07 but dominated the tourney. I suppose he has inane ability to do exceedingly well when the pressure is on I suppose. IMO he's best buy any team would have got. He's only paid 3,75,000 which is pretty much half of what McCullum is paid. That is insane.

Gilly wasnt forced , he just didnt feel like playing anymore .. IMO he had already achieved everything in international cricket .. World cups , ashes , beat India in India :(( , Champions trophy ... I dont think he was motivated enough to contribute as much as he liked to. As for Hayden , he pretty much sucked for a year before they forced him to retire
Actually, while it's true hayden sucked for a long period of time (mostly his test form, not ODIs), Gilly was technically forced. I saw the game where I knew and saw in his eyes that he was going to retire after that game and he did. Basically Gilly's keeping was getting very poor, his reflexes were not good enough for an international keeper. I think with Haddin in the wings, Gilly got the picture and decided it was time to go. I'm sure he got the message from the staff and coaches that "he can play for as long as he wishes, but can't play for ever as well as he's stunting haddin's opportunity" and he left because of that. If Haddin wasn't waiting in the wings, I guarantee Gilly would have stayed.

Yeah, he's the best batsman in IPL by far. I wonder how CSK would perform if both hayden and raina goes out cheaply. I guess they would struggle big time to put up competitive total as Dhoni would go back to his tuk tuk mode with rest of the batsmen might struggle to get going. Opposition teams need to come up with plans to dislodge both these batsmen cheaply.

Yeah' date=' he's the best batsman in IPL by far. I wonder how CSK would perform if both hayden and raina goes out cheaply. I guess they would struggle big time to put up competitive total as Dhoni would go back to his tuk tuk mode with rest of the batsmen might struggle to get going. Opposition teams need to come up with plans to dislodge both these batsmen cheaply.[/quote'] But captain awesome has immense faith in these 2 that we went in with 5 full time bowlers. The day when both hayden and Raina failed last time, Badri saw as thro'. That's why we need guys like badri and Murali vijay in the side. But its only 20 overs. I am sure morkel and dhoni can wing it for 10~15 overs when we lose early wickets.

Yeah' date=' he's the best batsman in IPL by far. I wonder how CSK would perform if both hayden and raina goes out cheaply. I guess they would struggle big time to put up competitive total as Dhoni would go back to his tuk tuk mode with rest of the batsmen might struggle to get going. Opposition teams need to come up with plans to dislodge both these batsmen cheaply.[/quote'] Dhoni has been great in the last couple of games. When he starts hitting the ball he has in the last couple of games there is no stopping him. Wonder why he doesn't do that enough? He can be more successfull playing an aggressive knock at the top than just pushing around and picking single to have a strike rate of 100 with an average of 30+ Like Hayden said today Dhoni hits the ball unorthodox and in areas that most batsman don't hit. That is quite a good observation. I suppose Dhoni can take a cue from that.

thanks for jinching... :)
I hope I didn't jinx him. I want to see more of him even if that means CSK win this edition :winky: I don't reckon he will come back the next year. This will probably be the last time we will be seeing Hayden.

Actually, while it's true hayden sucked for a long period of time (mostly his test form, not ODIs), Gilly was technically forced. I saw the game where I knew and saw in his eyes that he was going to retire after that game and he did. Basically Gilly's keeping was getting very poor, his reflexes were not good enough for an international keeper. I think with Haddin in the wings, Gilly got the picture and decided it was time to go. I'm sure he got the message from the staff and coaches that "he can play for as long as he wishes, but can't play for ever as well as he's stunting haddin's opportunity" and he left because of that. If Haddin wasn't waiting in the wings, I guarantee Gilly would have stayed.
Yes thats true as well ... Aussie selectors ONLY plan for the next WC , they never plan for the ODI series & are ok with losing few series to build a good squad for the next world cup. BTW India is also trying to follow the same policy and thats why Ganguly and Dravid were forced out of the ODI teams

Hayden does not stand a chance against Warne or his captaincy. Hayden's only failure this year has been against the brain of Warne and no matter how much of a biffer Hayden was, is, or will ever be he can never out smart Warne. Now that RR have got the team clicking, key personnel in form, and Watson returning the inevitable of the RR regaining the trophy is going to happen unless RR have a terribly off day, which can of course happen in a T20. But if it's a close game where both teams perform to potential I am yet to see Warne lose one. If the IPL has brought forth a genius in a new incarnation it is Warne.

If all the sides in IPL performed to their potential, RR would end up last. People think that CSK will flop when Hayden and Raina flops, even with the likes of Morkel,Dhoni and Oram in the side. Now imagine RR without Smith or Pathan.
Potential are figures written on a piece of paper - Warne writes and rewrites performances of himself and his team mates on the field.

Hayden, Gilly and Warne can easily walk into the Australian side even today. And they will double Australia's strength if they do. Their retirements came when the team looked unbeatable owing to their own presence only. Now whenever a team plays Australia, they fancy their chances. Hell, even Pakistan thought they had a chance.

Potential are figures written on a piece of paper - Warne writes and rewrites performances of himself and his team mates on the field.
but you are the one who said that they can beat if they played to their potential. Warne might be good. But lets wait and see wht he does when Smith and Pathan fails and no watson to bank on

Hayden' date=' Gilly and Warne can easily walk into the Australian side even today. And they will double Australia's strength if they do. Their retirements came when the team looked unbeatable owing to their own presence only. Now whenever a team plays Australia, they fancy their chances. Hell, even Pakistan thought they had a chance.[/quote'] 20/20 i would agree. But not anything bigger.