Someone please abduct Hayden please.....

King

but you are the one who said that they can beat if they played to their potential. Warne might be good. But lets wait and see wht he does when Smith and Pathan fails and no watson to bank on
Yeah let's see how any team does when their two best overseas players and their best Indian player flop. I am sure RR will top that list as well.

20/20 i would agree. But not anything bigger.
There wont be any opportunity to prove as they wont be playing any longer version of the game, but I am sure that they can contribute significantly in any format even today. And yes, Australia should beg Warne to come back.

And just to bring forth another point - the kind of gushing that Dhoni gets around here, if Warne was an Indian he would have got 10 times that because Warne is 10 times a captain than Dhoni(whom I consider a distant second in the League) and much more than anyone else in the League. This is a retired guy who led the cheapest franchise to victory last year from the tag of the underdogs and is well on his way to put is team in the Semi Final in the second edition with average domestic cricketers as the teams' backbone and on pitches where these guys were supposed to unravel as was evidenced in the betting odds around the world and the pick for the semi finals on ICF. PS : Sorry Hayden you're no match for Warne.

And just to bring forth another point - the kind of gushing that Dhoni gets around here, if Warne was an Indian he would have got 10 times that because Warne is 10 times a captain than Dhoni(whom I consider a distant second in the League) and much more than anyone else in the League. This is a retired guy who led the cheapest franchise to victory last year from the tag of the underdogs and is well on his way to put is team in the Semi Final in the second edition with average domestic cricketers as the teams' backbone and on pitches where these guys were supposed to unravel as was evidenced in the betting odds around the world and the pick for the semi finals on ICF. PS : Sorry Hayden you're no match for Warne.
Geez... what's with you blokes just like Tendulkar vs Rahul Dravid debate here that goes around always you are creating Hayden vs Warne debate :haha: Let that go and appreciate Hayden. Firstly Hayden isn't even captaining so there's no point comparing him with Warne. Secondly Hayden is a batsman so it will be comparing oranges with watermelon :winky: Bottom line he's doing a great job as an opener for CSK. I think most of the wins should be attributed to the way Hayden has batted at the top for CSK. He's apparently the leading run scorer too by a mile. On another note, imagine if Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid had scored as many as Hayden did and in that fashion??? The response would be unimaginable :--D

Geez... what's with you blokes just like Tendulkar vs Rahul Dravid debate here that goes around always you are creating Hayden vs Warne debate :haha: Let that go and appreciate Hayden. Firstly Hayden isn't even captaining so there's no point comparing him with Warne. Secondly Hayden is a batsman so it will be comparing oranges with watermelon :winky: Bottom line he's doing a great job as an opener for CSK. I think most of the wins should be attributed to the way Hayden has batted at the top for CSK. He's apparently the leading run scorer too by a mile. On another note, imagine if Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid had scored as many as Hayden did and in that fashion??? The response would be unimaginable :--D
Tendulkar has been the top scorer of 2 WC tournaments, and Rahul one world cup. I highly doubt it would create the same type of furore that the 1996, 1999, and 2003 World Cups created.

I am not trying to instigate a Hayden vs. Warne debate, merely stating my opinion that Hayden's biffing tactics won't go a long way against a thinking and on the feet captain like Warne. And as for Dravid or Tendulkar top scoring, they've already been there and done that in 3 out of the last 4 world cups.

Tendulkar has been the top scorer of 2 WC tournaments' date=' and Rahul one world cup. I highly doubt it would create the same type of furore that the 1996, 1999, and 2003 World Cups created.[/quote'] But these forums didn't exist then. I'm not belittling our stalwarts but just suggesting the kind of reaction we may have had on our forums if one of the two scored like Hayden in this tourney. It would have been mayhem and most threads would have centered around who is a better batsman :hysterical: In the bargain one of Tendulkar's or Dravid's reputation would have been butchered on this forums.

I am not trying to instigate a Hayden vs. Warne debate, merely stating my opinion that Hayden's biffing tactics won't go a long way against a thinking and on the feet captain like Warne. And as for Dravid or Tendulkar top scoring, they've already been there and done that in 3 out of the last 4 world cups.
Hayden has only failed once though. The next time CSK comes up against RR he could make it up.

But these forums didn't exist then. I'm not belittling our stalwarts but just suggesting the kind of reaction we may have had on our forums if one of the two scored like Hayden in this tourney. It would have been mayhem and most threads would have centered around who is a better batsman :hysterical: In the bargain one of Tendulkar's or Dravid's reputation would have been butchered on this forums.
I wouldn't indulge in such an exercise. Thats like choosing one arm over the other (I have a small bias towards my right arm. :winky: )

Lets wait and watch. When are they playing next? Can we have a bet on this? "Will Hayden score more than 20 against RR?"
Saturday. Given that he has got out for less than 20 in 0 out of 7 innings not played against RR, I'll give you 1:5 odds. You bet $10 and take home $12 if Hayden scores more than 20. Maximum payable kitty = $2.4 million.

But if you are so sure that Warne would out think Hayden' date=' why are the odds so low? Considering that hayden failed 1 out of 1 times he played against RR this year, shouldnt the odds be worse for hayden?[/quote'] They are if you know your Math - for 0 out of 7, I am offering 1:5.......

Your contention is that Warne's captaincy does not or will not make a difference on Hayden's run scoring, my contention is that it will - I've chosen the middle path. Take it or leave it - a couple of DLFers, a biff down to mid on, and a couple of mistimed swipes is all it takes to make 20 runs in a T20.

So basically, u gave Warne just a tad bit better odds of getting rid of hayden than all the other captains in the tournament. I know 20 is not much in t20 but even the openers are at immense pressure to perform in the 1st 6 overs (there has been nearly 10 first ball wickets in this trny). Frankly, i would give that odds to hayden even against KKR. So i dont really understand wht the warne factor is.

So basically' date=' u gave Warne just a tad bit better odds of getting rid of hayden than all the other captains in the tournament. I know 20 is not much in t20 but even the openers are at immense pressure to perform in the 1st 6 overs (there has been nearly 10 first ball wickets in this trny). Frankly, i would give that odds to hayden even against KKR. So i dont really understand wht the warne factor is.[/quote'] Tad better - for 1:8(including the innings against Warne) I am offering 1:5 - Wall Street guys would make a killing on this if they were confident their product will sell at least initially!!! Ok, when CSK play KKR next and you offer them as you've said sign me up for a million bucks. As for these odds, they stay - take it or leave it. Let's see how much confidence people have on biffer Hayden versus the thinking Warne despite the sublime form Hayden is in.