Our Chaalu Kaptaan can win us the WC again...

Dinx - the Jinx

We all know Dhoni is a shrewd captain. Today he showed yet another character of his, which makes him that mush more different from the others... The way he forced Van Der to think that he can relax a bit and run slowly, thereby wasting his wicket was a treat to watch... On Live telecast.. when the camera was showing the pitch... even fans like us thought that it must have been a bad throw and there was no chance of a run out.. and man.. how well he acted and moved slightly without showing any urgency and quicly broke the stupms... Van Der must be swearing under his breath that Dhoni cheated him.. Well.. with (acting!!!) performances like this, our Kaptaan is sure to go places and will surely bring the T20 WC back home again... Go Dhoni Go... :cheer:

He did it once, he can do it again. When he lost a few matches, I remember quite a few bashing him questioning whether he should even be in the team. And today we have people calling Sachin a coward. WTF is wrong with our fans?

He did it once' date=' he can do it again. When he lost a few matches, I remember quite a few bashing him questioning whether he should even be in the team. And today we have people calling Sachin a coward. WTF is wrong with our fans?[/quote'] The IPL is getting to them.

And today we have people calling Sachin a coward. WTF is wrong with our fans?
Some of these people aren't fans; they're just idiots with no idea or understanding about the game whose brief attention spans get interested by the bright lights, colours and all the noise about regionalism. The more intelligent folk like Shane, Morris, Sachinism, etc unfortunately get drowned out by these infantile halfwits. Try and ignore them DK, and the board'll be a lot better to read (and it may even load faster without the excess of smilies).

But WHO?
I remember quite a few questioned Dhoni's place in the T2o team given his form both as a player as well as a captain. And ViruRulez is right now busy trolling the match thread arguing to prove that Sachin is a coward.

Nothing new. People have whined about that for years (see stupid things like him being scared to hit out when with the tail and playing for a not out, or being scared of Akram or Shoaib and then a whole lot of other recent stupidity by people on this board that you'll come across if you scroll through a couple of posters' recent posts). Yet more reasons why inbred rubes should not be given access to the internet.

Nothing new. People have whined about that for years (see stupid things like him being scared to hit out when with the tail and playing for a not out' date=' or being scared of Akram or Shoaib and then a whole lot of other recent stupidity by people on this board that you'll come across if you scroll through a couple of posters' recent posts). Yet more reasons why inbred rubes should not be given access to the internet.[/quote'] But ViruRulez surprises me. He was a big Sachin fan not too long ago.

But ViruRulez surprises me. He was a big Sachin fan not too long ago.
Many other people were when he was scoring runs for a side they ''supported''. Many of the same are happy to take shots at him every chance they get these days, or pull the knife out for the slightest failure. Hence the difference between johnny come lately bandwagonners like him and flamy, and serious fans like Gambit or Morris who still will enjoy a fine knock from him even if its against their IPL team, and back the guy come what may in any form of the game. It is a shame though how some of the other idiots remain incapable of appreciating a batsman like Tendulkar, even though he's only got a couple of years probably left in him to show this calibre of batsmanship at the top levels. As a total contrast, I do remember the sheer adulation he and VVS received from most of the Australian fans a year+ ago, particularly in Sydney where most people didn't care which side they played for, but had tremendous regard and respect for both of them and wanted to enjoy the greatness and inimitable style of his batting. Tendulkar deserves better ''fans'' than some of the dickheads who purport to cheer him on and usually do so only when he's scoring runs for *their* team.

Guys cool down.. I started this thread with an intention of appreciating the presence of mind and acting skills that Dhoni put forth in squeezing a wicket... And here you guys are cribbing about whats happening in another thread.. Its seriously :offtopic: I'm not supporting those who go over board in other threads. But if you want to give them back do it in thee same thread. Why are you posting in this thread and make it lose its direction. In that case.. even you guys are pumping trash then.

Guys cool down.. I started this thread with an intention of appreciating the presence of mind and acting skills that Dhoni put forth in squeezing a wicket... And here you guys are cribbing about whats happening in another thread.. Its seriously :offtopic: I'm not supporting those who go over board in other threads. But if you want to give them back do it in thee same thread. Why are you posting in this thread and make it lose its direction. In that case.. even you guys are pumping trash then.
Sorry!

Many other people were when he was scoring runs for a side they ''supported''. Many of the same are happy to take shots at him every chance they get these days, or pull the knife out for the slightest failure. Hence the difference between johnny come lately bandwagonners like him and flamy, and serious fans like Gambit or Morris who still will enjoy a fine knock from him even if its against their IPL team, and back the guy come what may in any form of the game. It is a shame though how some of the other idiots remain incapable of appreciating a batsman like Tendulkar, even though he's only got a couple of years probably left in him to show this calibre of batsmanship at the top levels. As a total contrast, I do remember the sheer adulation he and VVS received from most of the Australian fans a year+ ago, particularly in Sydney where most people didn't care which side they played for, but had tremendous regard and respect for both of them and wanted to enjoy the greatness and inimitable style of his batting. Tendulkar deserves better ''fans'' than some of the dickheads who purport to cheer him on and usually do so only when he's scoring runs for *their* team.
Its where the wind blows

Dhoni might have messed up the batting line up, team selection and bowlers but you can't fault him for the decisions he makes on field. That runout was bizarre. Seriously, this guys got brains. I was thinking WTF, how can that be 2 easy runs (seeing Dhoni relaxing) but godamn that was some fast glovework. Remember last matchs stumping ? or last year runout when he waited for the batsman to make the mistake. But the bringing in the slip fielder to boucher and putting pressure on him was just great to watch.