Deccan Chargers a team hijacked by the aussies

Rohan495

Makes no sense guys, you have to admit even though Laxman is not conventional t20 player, hes dealt with like hes no body. Im hoping to see him play in the semis as his experience can come in handy. Its also ridiculous to see Venugopal rao who hasnt done jack playin games instead of VVS.

Laxman is not the best for T20, but one has to agree with Rohan that VVS is better than YV Rao! (even for T20 batting) Ideally, It will be best for Deccan chargers if they can find someone other than these two for the playing 11.

Yea thats because he was batting at 3. Hes a great option at the opening position.
Cos you know, 3 is such a big leap from 2. Get over it. Hes not good. He was dropped. Laxman cant bat at 3.....he needs to bat at 2 Laxman cant field......he needs to be in the slips CSK fans make the same excuse for Badri. But we know that is only bcos he is not good enough to adjust to any position like raina or dhoni. If laxman, with so much international experience , needs the same excuses, he should quit.

Thats some convoluted logic right there. #2, #3 are pretty close together. He can play well - he hasn't found form in this tournament. He's a nice enough guy to let them go on. Let it go. There are plenty of very very special memories from his bat, and its not going to change whether he scores 30 or 40 runs quickly in a domestic tournament in this format. Plus, this format doesn't really suit him anyway. Why would it suit Rahul Dravid? Because he's got 10000 ODI runs and knows how to slog (or play really quickly, whatever you want to say). He's a pretty innovative batsman. Laxman's game is suited very very well for the longer format of the game where he can take his time to adjust and then play shots that only he can. He's no less or no more of a batsman when he succeeds in the IPL. Same with everyone else. No one's going to remember Kumble for his 5/5 but will always remember him for his 10/74 (though me being a fan would remember both :--D ). And all this from a diehard Laxman fan.

But i gotta say omission of Dwyane smith is pure lunacy. He is a terrific striker. useful part time seamer. Excellent fielder.
The problem is that he can be accomodated only in pace of Gibbs...now with Gibbs coming good in the final league match, its hard for gilly do drop him and include smith....

The problem is that he can be accomodated only in pace of Gibbs...now with Gibbs coming good in the final league match' date=' its hard for gilly do drop him and include smith....[/quote'] How about Harris? Can't they find a decent Indian seamer to get rid of one of the Indian player?

How about Harris? Can't they find a decent Indian seamer to get rid of one of the Indian player?
Tell me which indian bowler can replace harris?..harmeet singh?? jaskaran singh??? :giggle::giggle: To be fair, harris' performances in the last 2 or 3 matches was not bad at all.

This is the economy rate of Chargers bowling. I don't think Smith did that bad with his ball. Bit expensive only a bit. But he is more potent with bat. POtent enough to make up the 10 runs he could concede. Even Venu Rao and Styri have taken more wickets than Harris. He averages 84 and concede 29 runs in 4 overs. THat is not a great reason they should keep persisting with him. But their team hardly has any new ball bowlers left after Edwards left. That is hurting them ral bad. Edwards in one match had figures like 4-0-6-0 http://stats.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/engine/records/bowling/best_career_economy_rate.html?id=4801;team=4347;type=tournament

well said rohan495. some ppl never learn this year, with laxman, hyderabad has won 4 out of 5 matches with a success rate of 80% without laxman, hyderabad won only 3 out of 9 matches with a success rate of 33.33% (and i as a delhi fan hope laxman doesnt play today:winky:)

well said rohan495. some ppl never learn this year, with laxman, hyderabad has won 4 out of 5 matches with a success rate of 80% without laxman, hyderabad won only 3 out of 9 matches with a success rate of 33.33% (and i as a delhi fan hope laxman doesnt play today:winky:)
Bangalore have won 5 out of 6 matches in which Balachandra Akhil has played in, if he would have played in all the games we would have been at the top of the table. Daym.