Sachin Speaks Up

Re: Sachin Speaks Up

don't think we can draw conclusions based on that one. Also, if he had performed as he did in 2003, no one will care. Since he did a major choke job this time, inquiring minds want to know.
See how quickly your mind wants to enquire? Sachin had not done too well at #4 even 5 years back. Yet he was ready to bat there for the sake of the team. Why would you not enquire that on what logic was he pushed down? Did India not want his best? Did captain and coach not want the best of Sachin's performance? Had India got a better opener than Sachin at that position? Instead of questioning this decision of captain and coach you want to enquire about Sachin? Sachin, who batted where he was asked to?

Re: Sachin Speaks Up I don't doubt Sachin's attitude to cricket. He has always done his best to help Indian cricket. Unfortunately he has had an extended bad form (few years that is) in test cricket. He has done fairly well in ODIs although the consistency he is known for is lacking in ODIs too of late. Perhaps he is in denial and doesn't want to acknowledge his skills are on the wane. He goes around talking a bit too much these days than just let his bat do the talking. When someone talks big and can't back it up people are bound to ask questions. I'm not happy at all he is out in the open in a row against Chappell particularly when he has not been personally named in the public yet. Also just because he ruled cricket in the 90s it doesn't mean he is untouchable. I do believe his accepting of vice captaincy holds him slightly more responsible. If he were the vice captain then he was bound to have been in the team management on the WC tour. His bad performance is taking a toll on him and is really showing him in poor light when he addresses the press often these day. I really think he should take it a bit easy and relax a bit. This juncture in cricket will pass and meanwhile Tendulkar can work hard at this cricket then come back a better batter. I?m sure he can do that as long as he just worries about his cricket alone. He works best when he keeps a low profile IMO. He should keep away from team management and the rest. All he should do is enjoy the last few years of his cricket rather than getting into all kind of debate.

Re: Sachin Speaks Up "Tell me, the world has gone on talking about all this (our defeat and exit) but has anybody spared a thought for us? Did they try to find out what we have been going through?" a shaken Sachin Tendulkar asked TOI . What does he want from the fans? What does he expect after such a defeat? people shouldn't talk about it .... people should hug them and say its ok..... He wants glory in wins and glory in defeat ......???? What does he mean by ......did you try to find out what we have been going through? We hope they feel as bad as us if not worse....is it something that needs to be talked?

"Tell me' date= the world has gone on talking about all this (our defeat and exit) but has anybody spared a thought for us? Did they try to find out what we have been going through?" a shaken Sachin Tendulkar asked TOI . What does he want from the fans? What does he expect after such a defeat? people shouldn't talk about it .... people should hug them and say its ok..... He wants glory in wins and glory in defeat ......???? What does he mean by ......did you try to find out what we have been going through? We hope they feel as bad as us if not worse....is it something that needs to be talked?
People would have done that if he batted like a champion as he did in WC 2003. When India failed to win the finals people still celebrated and the players were lauded for their efforts. I think the players were lauded more than what they deserved. Reaching finals was good enough for Indian cricket followers from what I saw. It is still being talked as an achievement. I'm sure if India reached the semi finals the public would have cut the slack. These guys lost out in the very first round and won only against Bermuda. I don't know what treatment the players expect. It is like a a bankrupt company's CEO saying the public should still buy our shares because we have done good business over the last 15 years. :hic:

agree with ravi.......His mentioning his 17 yrs in cricket doesn't make him untouchable even if he thinks he should be. Secondly...has he done his part as a VC......who seems keen to be the skipper.
He never said that he was untouchable, nor has he claimed ever that he is God or the fans should worship him. But I think a player who has stood up many a times for the country, sometimes completely alone, deserves respect (mind you respect does not mean worship!) from media and fans. I for one, will NEVER doubt his attitude. Remember when he played in the WC match even after getting the news of his father's death in 1999? He kept batting at Chennai despite serious back-injury?He kept on batting in WC 2003 despite have a severe finger injury when it was difficult for him hold a cup of tea? You'll doubt the attitude of that player? Sometimes I'm disgusted by the attitude of many fans!

Re: Sachin Speaks Up Chandan, SRT is everyone's favourite punching bag. He's the channel to vent all your fury and frustration. Why? Because "fans" elevated him to god status. "Fans" called him the best. Now that he isn't all that(which happens to everyone), according to the "fans" it is he who has let them down by not being THE Tendulkar they have in their minds. Now that he has let them down, let's dissect this pesky character. He has to be: a) Selfish when batting AND b) Greedy AND c) A Whiner Another thing. When he doesn't speak, he doesn't care about the team and is selfish and happy with the $$$ he's making . When he speaks(like he did yesterday), he is a drama queen. So this is the image of SRT "fans" have now built in their minds to assuage their disappointment. Consolation is easier that way. Who cares what the real SRT is like?

Re: Sachin Speaks Up >>He never said that he was untouchable, nor has he claimed ever that he is God or the fans should worship him. But I think a player who has stood up many a times for the country, sometimes completely alone, deserves respect (mind you respect does not mean worship!) from media and fans. He doesn't have to say it..... First time ever someone dares to ask the question that most people in the country are asking and he has to have an emotional breakdown......i am sorry ...that means in his mind he is untouchable.