Who is best placed to win the ICC World Twenty20?(cricinfo poll)

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

Who is best placed to win the ICC World Twenty20?(cricinfo poll) Poll results so far

Results India 38.32% 1559 Australia 6.07% 247 England 1.77% 72 South Africa 9.64% 392 Pakistan 44.20% 1798 Total votes: 4068
http://www.cricinfo.com/ :nervous::nervous:
Alright' date=' this is about as useless as a thread gets. Almost [i']everyone visits Cricinfo. They can check the poll. Updating here is a pointless exercise.
Dont take this personally, but I dont think its any of our jobs to dictate what a poster should open new threads on and what he shouldnt. Every poster is free to open threads on the topic that interests him. If the topic captures the imagination of the other posters too, it'll flourish. Otherwise, it will die its natural death. Why dont you wait for a while before pronouncing judgments on how useful or useless a thread is?
Dont take this personally, but I dont think its any of our jobs to dictate what a poster should open new threads on and what he shouldnt. Every poster is free to open threads on the topic that interests him. If the topic captures the imagination of the other posters too, it'll flourish. Otherwise, it will die its natural death. Why dont you wait for a while before pronouncing judgments on how useful or useless a thread is?
I am not criticizing the user for the thread but merely stating my opinion - I think it is a pointless exercise following a poll on cricinfo about who will win the tournament. My words perhaps sound harsher than I intended them to be, but I certainly think that following the trend of a poll that is as unscientific as the one listed in the OP - not many polls are scientific, but asking for people's opinions on here about which team they think would win, and periodically updating from what another website shows is completely different. Again, it is my opinion, and I've expressed it - I'm not asking others to follow me in stating the same or agree with me. Others who don't find it that way have already posted in the thread and ignored my post.
I am not criticizing the user for the thread but merely stating my opinion - I don't think it will say anything new following a poll on cricinfo about who will win the tournament, where a bunch of people just like the folks here are voting. My words perhaps sound harsher than I intended them to be, but I certainly think that following the trend of a poll that is as unscientific as the one listed in the OP. Again, it is my opinion, and I've expressed it - I'm not asking others to follow me in stating the same or agree with me. Others who don't find it that way have already posted in the thread and ignored my post.
Obviously, you did not ask others to follow your opinion, but you being a Mod obviously implies that what you say or don’t say does have the capability of prejudicing the discussion, one way or the other. Bottom line – I don’t think any of us should be second guessing whats a worthy discussion and what isn’t, unless of course its blatant double post or an obvious attempt to troll or spam.
The poll results only show the demographics of cricinfo users and not the real odds of winning the tourney.
I agree .. the poll just shows the Pakis have nothing else to do and are simply getting themselves satisfied by voting their team as probable winners.. let them dream on.. maybe a first round exit will help them get out of their wet dreams :giggle:

did anybody join the super selector at espn ... the prizes are not bad and there are daily prizes too But I do not understand and I am bored to real so many things .. can anybody give me a basic idea of the espn super selector game and what are the differences with our local super selector.. the how to play is too long and confusing and I do not have the patience to read all that.. can anybody explain me in a nutshell