Dhoni vs media : Dhoni pissed at media

Guest Gunner

The Hindu is the only international class newspaper published in India. I have no respect for any of the others and I don't really care if this sounds elitist. I have my disagreements with Hindu's left leaning editorials and also N.Ram's views however I can't discount the quality of the newspaper.

The quality of TOI's online content is abysmal but their print edition(along with HT etc) is still very good' date=' especially the editorial.[/quote'] Print edition also carried out the story and that too on the front page! This entire TOI is just rubbish.

Unfortuntely Toilet Paper of India is what the whole of Bangalore reads and even after repeated requests for The Hindu, my news agent still delivers the Toilet paper for me. The only thing I read is the Bangalore times with those nice juicy pictures and ads from Total Mall, Star Bazaar and the like. (Read online version of Hindu and other papers at office). Dont know how Economic Times is part of this group though. Once in a while I catch a glimpse of whats on the frnt page. Most times it will be nasty brags like... TOI was the first one to report this on that day etc etc. I get so irriated by this paper, which is mostly thrown into the used paper cupboard as soon as it arrivs.

Team India's cold war with the media continues: Sehwag, Bhajji, Rohit skip nets Three star cricketers, including vice captain Virender Sehwag, were conspicuous by their absence from the nets. More... Sehwag, Bhajji, Rohit skip nets Tuesday 9th June 2009 Three star cricketers, including vice captain Virender Sehwag, were conspicuous by their absence from the nets. Meanwhile, Team India's cold war with the media continued for the fourth day running. No national cricketer came forward to speak to the huge press contingent at the Lady Bay Ground after absence of Sehwag from the nets only added grist to the rumour mills. Apart from Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Rohit Sharma could not be spotted at the nets. Dozens of mediapersons -- from print, electronic and web -- had assembled in huge numbers to cover the practice session but were left frustrated when no representative of the defending champions made himself available to the press. "It was optional and there was no definite assurance that a cricketer would be made available to the press," informed manager Anirudh Chowdhary. Since skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni made a show of strength in front of assembled media on the eve of the opening match against Bangladesh last Friday, only man-of-match Pragyan Ojha has spoken to media even though the presence of skipper is mandatory after a match, according to ICC guidelines to teams in this tournament.

Now the media will understand they exist because of the sport, sportsmen and the public. When they piss either of these off they are the losers themselves. Imagine all the Indian scribes there in UK but not getting a single word out of the players.

Yup. I am so thrilled about this. My respect for the team and Dhoni has grown tenfold (if that is really possible, since I've always been a Dhoni fanboy :P). Indian media is the filthiest vilest piece of **** one will ever find on a piece of paper (or the web) - with Hindu being the only exception. No integrity, no sense of duty. Trying to sell one's product is well and good but not at the cost of others' lives, and the media is probably the biggest villain for any celebrity in India. It is pathetic. I hope channels like the Times Now, CNN IBN, Star News, Aaj Tak can go to hell, and never return - please.

Um, I will always support MI. Chennai fans are too busy complaining about why Dhoni is anti-tamil and is producing "obstacles" for a fellow Indian to progress. Who the **** wants to be associated with that?
True Dhonians. :isalute: