The Irish are not a flash in the pan

i hope Ireland replaces Bangladesh in the ODI matches. Bangla has been **** poor against all major test playing nations, barring a win here and there. Give Ireland a go for 2 years or so. Just take BD out of tests, they don't deserve to play tests. No need to replace them with anyone yet :hitler:

Agreed with flamy. I would like to see England take a more active role in helping Ireland develop, rather than just pinching players like Morgan for their side. Would be good to see Ireland players (or the team) get chances in their domestic competition at least for more consistent exposure to f/c cricket.

9 times out of 10 Ireland will beat Bangladesh. On the preview article in the crickinfo the last 5 games result for each team had been : Bangladesh LLLLL Ireland NRWWWW If not test status, Ireland must definitely be able to compete with the likes of Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and the likes on a regular basis. Bangladesh definitely doesn't deserve test status seeing how worse they are getting every year.

It's matter of time before Ireland reduces into a bad team. Isn't that what happened to Kenya as well? Unless big teams play them regularly, how will they improve? ICC should ensure that better teams than Bangladesh should be playing them regularly. At least take them as a third team instead of playing bilateral series.

At least take them as a third team instead of playing bilateral series.
Exactly, bilateral series against "Minnows" would'nt exactly attract interest from the viewers and thus the sponsors and thus the Broadcasters and thus the ICC, The best way would be, i.e. If India is touring England for a full tour, they could invite the Irish/Minnows to make it a triangular tournament, thus the minnow can attain max. exposure.

Ireland don't have any kind of viable domestic first class cricket. How can you award test status to them? More so they don't really have a talent pool of youngsters to replace their aging players and are far more likely to field players of Irish heritage who are now living and playing in England, SA, Australia etc. It would be like saying give test status to England A side or SA B side. Also, I agree that nations that haven't played enough test cricket should be stripped of test status like Zimbabwe. Naturally this would include Pakistan as well. LOL!!!