Crazy Twenty20 WC 2009 quotes

King

Jamie Siddons quotes after Bangladesh’s loss to Ireland : "There's nothing we can do if they're going to keep making mental errors like that, the same mistakes over and over," Siddons said, while Ashraful was seated by his side. "We train for it, we talk about it, we do everything we can. Even Ash [Ashraful] made the same mistake. He hit the ball to the bloke the over before and went and did it again, saying 'catch me this time'. Five, six, maybe seven batsmen got out to ridiculous shots. "We had a reasonable start, we were 40 or 50 off the first six and from there 160 is [possible] if you bat sensibly to a plan, but if the boys just keep disobeying the plan you end up with a *****y little score like 130. I'm borderline disappointed and angry. I'm not sure which way to treat them when I speak to them in a minute." "Our boys, they get it their way a lot, they don't tend to listen too well. It's time some pressure is put on them to listen," Siddons said. "From the captain down, if they don't want to listen, well we've got to move on. They need to listen right from getting to the bus on time; you know they do it their own way a bit. We've come a long long way but we need to come a lot further." Younis Khan quotes after Pakistan’s loss against England T20 is not really international sport, well it's international but its all fun I mean look at England the other day they lost to Netherlands "Even if Butt scored 28 as an opener we'll have to think about him [for the next game] because of his fielding," Younis said. "It won't be a disaster even if we exit before the Super Eights," said Younis. "It would be sad if we don't make it, but I have never attached too much importance to Twenty20 cricket, as it is fun cricket. I mean it is more for entertainment, even if it is international cricket. It is all for the crowd. Twenty20 is all about fun. Everybody expects players to come out and entertain." "I cannot take a stick and start caning them if they misfield. It does not work that way in international cricket. Each player must realise his own individual responsibility in the team," Younis said on his 'captain's corner' show on Geo TV after Sunday's defeat against England. Ponting quotes after the defeat against West Indies : “He (Lee) obviously got taken down a little bit but I don’t think it mattered who was bowling to Chris in the sort of mood he was in. I’m happy with the way he’s coming along,” Ponting said. Ponting was also happy with the progress of all-rounder Shane Watson, who is returning from a back injury. “He got through pretty well I thought,” Ponting said. “He’ll just get better and better the more overs he gets under his belt. The more he bowls to better players as well he’ll benefit from that a lot. He gives us great flexibility.” For the record Bret Lee’s figures in the two matches : Vs WI : 4-0-56-1 Vs SL : 4-0-39-2

dont know how many saw Nasser interviewing KP after win over pak; nasser kept telling KP eng is in super 8, KP kept shooting him down no we have to wait for Pak NL result, nasser then went we did the math eng is in super 8 KP went ' ill still wait for Pak NL result before celebrating but good math' :wall:

dont know how many saw Nasser interviewing KP after win over pak; nasser kept telling KP eng is in super 8' date=' KP kept shooting him down no we have to wait for Pak NL result, nasser then went we did the math eng is in super 8 KP went ' ill still wait for Pak NL result before celebrating but good math' :wall:[/quote'] Yeh KP couldn't believe it, he probably thought Nas was winding him up