Bangladesh irked by Whatmore remarks

Re: Bangladesh irked by Whatmore remarks

Despite expressing interest if he is not picked up by the BCCI he will stand a chance of souring the relation with the current employers as well.
but Ravi.. the Bangles board is not in a position to choose..... if he doesnt get the indian job, they will consider themselves lucky.... this is wat happened last time too...

Despite expressing interest if he is not picked up by the BCCI he will stand a chance of souring the relation with the current employers as well.
but Ravi.. the Bangles board is not in a position to choose..... if he doesnt get the indian job, they will consider themselves lucky.... this is wat happened last time too...
It could be but I won't be surprised if other coaches are willing to coach Bangladesh. I'm sure they must be paying decent money given the passion for cricket in Bangladesh. They may not get very high profile coaches but am sure they can get a decent enough coach.

Yup it's not fair on Whatmore to be showing desire while the tourney is still going on. That said he may reckon if he doesn't express his interest now he may miss out??? It's nice to be in a situation like this though. Despite expressing interest if he is not picked up by the BCCI he will stand a chance of souring the relation with the current employers as well. I would have thought he may wanted to have a word with BCCI privately rather than to the media.
Ravi, you know how it works. if he had expressed it 'privately' it would have made its way to the media anyway. i mean those BCCI bozos have leaked more than the amt SRK cries in a K Johar movie. and then the Bangla cricket board would have felt that Whatmore is sneaking behind their backs. anyways, i think it is unfair to say that Whatmore is working in a dump. I think a dump would be more apt to describe our setup. By all accounts, Bangla cricket is becoming more professional (the system i mean), with them modelling their system on the Aussie cricket board and having a good rapport with them. And i have no hesitation in saying Whatmore would feel immense pride in the improvement that has come about Bangla cricket since he was hired. It is not just about the WC and the odd win against Aus or SL. The attitude their cricketers present is at an all-time high. I mean they have a fast bowler Shahadat Hossain sitting out of this WC (but in the squad i think) - this is a boy who bounced the $#%^$# out of the great hooker Ricky Ponting in the 1st Test last year - and if it wasnt for a dropped dolly off one of these short balls with 30 to win and 3 wckts in hand, Bangla would have won! That is just one example. Look at Mashrafe, Nafees, Aftab, their spin bowlers. They are all getting better. and not just in stats. They are playing to win. They may not win enough these days, but they are on their way and in 10 years i dont foresee anyone laughing off Bangla (as we are even though we are back home). Their U19 cricketers are fiercely competitive and easily in the top 4 teams in that age group, and the love for the game, as well as the resources and the requisite professionalism is all getting there. Whatmore has been a part of this by all accounts - in lending a hand to cricket academies in the off season (you have to realize Bangla plays like 25% of the cricket that we do), spending time with 'A' tour cricketers etc. He's done as good a job as he could, and he should be proud.

Re: Bangladesh irked by Whatmore remarks somehow i get a feeling whatmore won't be chosen...just b'coz his BD beat India...i'm sure a lot of the retarded public in India will go against this...also that cld mean its a bad "political" move...which cld keep him out... tbh that wld be a sad thing 'coz we aren't judging him on his ability but rather politics...as it is tho...that's what happens nowadays

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Bangladesh irked by Whatmore remarks So this is why whatmore had that wide grin on his face when indi was about to bow out from tournament , fully knowing it meant a ptential job opening for him.. poor ashrafful sitting beside him thought coach was happy over bangis potential super-8 berth :lmao:

Yup it's not fair on Whatmore to be showing desire while the tourney is still going on. That said he may reckon if he doesn't express his interest now he may miss out??? It's nice to be in a situation like this though. Despite expressing interest if he is not picked up by the BCCI he will stand a chance of souring the relation with the current employers as well. I would have thought he may wanted to have a word with BCCI privately rather than to the media.
Ravi, you know how it works. if he had expressed it 'privately' it would have made its way to the media anyway. i mean those BCCI bozos have leaked more than the amt SRK cries in a K Johar movie. and then the Bangla cricket board would have felt that Whatmore is sneaking behind their backs. anyways, i think it is unfair to say that Whatmore is working in a dump. I think a dump would be more apt to describe our setup. By all accounts, Bangla cricket is becoming more professional (the system i mean), with them modelling their system on the Aussie cricket board and having a good rapport with them. And i have no hesitation in saying Whatmore would feel immense pride in the improvement that has come about Bangla cricket since he was hired. It is not just about the WC and the odd win against Aus or SL. The attitude their cricketers present is at an all-time high. I mean they have a fast bowler Shahadat Hossain sitting out of this WC (but in the squad i think) - this is a boy who bounced the $#%^$# out of the great hooker Ricky Ponting in the 1st Test last year - and if it wasnt for a dropped dolly off one of these short balls with 30 to win and 3 wckts in hand, Bangla would have won! That is just one example. Look at Mashrafe, Nafees, Aftab, their spin bowlers. They are all getting better. and not just in stats. They are playing to win. They may not win enough these days, but they are on their way and in 10 years i dont foresee anyone laughing off Bangla (as we are even though we are back home). Their U19 cricketers are fiercely competitive and easily in the top 4 teams in that age group, and the love for the game, as well as the resources and the requisite professionalism is all getting there. Whatmore has been a part of this by all accounts - in lending a hand to cricket academies in the off season (you have to realize Bangla plays like 25% of the cricket that we do), spending time with 'A' tour cricketers etc. He's done as good a job as he could, and he should be proud.
:hic: :hic: :hmph: :hmph: a lot of talk about coach this and coach that, but they go out and beat the Saffers. very very good to see. im so happy for them

Dave's apology to the Bangla cricket board apologyletterho1.jpg
Ah, i geddit. It reads: "Me, Dave Wantmore, got Binnowdesh out of a rat hole to a position of respect & dignity. In return i ask that u guys relieve me from this rat hole for better prospects. Thank you. Faithful employee"