Sehwag ruled out of T20 WC !!! (((breaking news)))

Texy

It just struck me just now that Srikanth is the selector, you have to expect one from his zone right? I'm not saying Karthik is that terrible but this was a good time to replace an opener with another dashing opener. Never mind, at least he didn't send out M Vijay. Thank god for that.

It just struck me just now that Srikanth is the selector, you have to expect one from his zone right? I'm not saying Karthik is that terrible but this was a good time to replace an opener with another dashing opener. Never mind, at least he didn't send out M Vijay. Thank god for that.
I don't think there is any regional bias here. Rohit has filled the opener slot so we didn't need an opener. Also I don't think there were that manyt options, probably Virat or Kathik and because Karthik has experience in England, he probably got the nod ahead of Virat
Thats good decision. bhai 4 peti pahuchi nahi abhi tak.:dance:
Mehnat karke kamao 20 mins quiz me 20 peti milega agar 100% correct hua to Take these quizzes valid for 1 million each in 10 mins duration 1996 World Cup Quiz 2003 World Cup Quiz And make sure you keep the cricinfo tournament page for the respective WC open on another tab :P 1 million can be earned easily if you keep the cricinfo page open :winky:
Dude KKD was in fine form this IPL. If tendulkar is too old to be selected and manish pandey too young' date=' KKD had the best case for selection. Even as a pure batsman. He was more consistent than dhoni this IPL.[/quote'] KKD was in awesome form.. even when DD batsmen struggled he was hitting sixes.. I think it is a good replacement .. infact the best replacement possible :icflove:
Srikkanth is in CSK management.But KKD is not even in CSK team. in TNCA, there are 2 major camps. 1 headed by BCCI Secretary N.Srinivasan's group, he owns 3 teams in TNCA first division directly and controls half the votes. the other headed by MRF group and supported by SPIC Group AC Muthaiah. they own 2 teams and they have become sworn enemies of N.Srini after being close friends for decades. Dinesh Karthik plays for MRF in the first division( globe trotters). TA Shekar manages the team.That is why when TA Shekar got in to DD as Team Manager, Dinesh Karthik went with him rather than representing CSK which is controlled by N.Srini of opposite camp. so, naturally Srikkanth 'would' not be pushing for the inclusion of Dinesh Karthik and if he were playing politics, shud have selected M.Vijay who is from N.Srini's local chennai team. But fake IPL players has mentioned that Dhoni did not want to keep wickets in this tournament as he has some injuries. so, i guess Dhoni would have opted for a stand by keeper and based on IPL performance Dinesh Karthik is selected.so, no favouritism/zonal bias, in my opinion. ( it is another matter that I wish Abhishek Nayyar is selected)

^^^^^ KKD deserved it .. there is no doubt about it .. check M Vijay and KKD performance in IPL .. KKD was the second highest run getter for DD in IPL and he proved himself .. even Dilshan scored lesser runs .. and he was batting in the middle overs and so it is a great achievement

As is our strength is good. Its bad to mis Viru, but what can we do if he is injured? But i guess Rohit sharma will ensure that the bowlers have nightmares. I think dhoni will releove himself of keeping duty and bring in Dinesh kartik and make irfan pathan sit out. Lets see whatz on cards in super eights!

sorry, this is just nonsense Where is the regional bias here...if there was a selection committee not showing any regional bias, then these are the ones...No player from TN in this squad till now..(not that i want, because none of them except DK deserve it over the the 15 playing in england) What wrong has KKD done...He was terrific in this IPL,also with gloves..agreed he messed up lots of chances earlier...but now...give the credit where its due What other options u have in mind Uthappa - he was total crap recently Manish Pandey - exciting kid, A national berth just based of two innings? Kohli - yes Nayyar - started well, but drifted badly