What are our weak spots?

I dont think Dhoni is a weak link provided he doesnt come in higher than 5 ... he should be there in case we collapse and then he can bring us up to a respecable total. I think our pace bowling is our weak spot. We lack a good death bowler
our pace bowlers dont have a good technique bowling at the death-NZ with lesser bowlers have been bowling very well,keeping everything full and bowling a lot yorkers.

1) New ball bowlers being not that effective as expected 2) Gambhir's form, gambhir's strike rate 3) Dhoni Dhoni Dhoni Dhoni.....Please come down the order In short, the order in which the batsmen are being sent is india's biggest problem. You have strikers like yousuf, raina, yuvi and one finds that they dont get enough opportunity.

ya true dat. It (#3) is the obvious thing right now. But' date=' bowling is a bigger concern. Ya PK should come in. *sigh*[/quote'] Raina, Yuvi, Dhoni and YKP should be no. 3, 4, 5 and 6 with Rohit and Gauti as openers But I am still not sure where KKD will fit if he is given a chance.. I am really impressed by KKD IPL performance and he was hitting massive strokes with proper cricketing shots
Raina, Yuvi, Dhoni and YKP should be no. 3, 4, 5 and 6 with Rohit and Gauti as openers But I am still not sure where KKD will fit if he is given a chance.. I am really impressed by KKD IPL performance and he was hitting massive strokes with proper cricketing shots
Depending on Gauti's form, KKD can be looked at. No other place other than dropping irfan for him and going a bowler short.
Depending on Gauti's form' date=' KKD can be looked at. No other place other than dropping irfan for him and going a bowler short.[/quote'] Irfan needs to be dropped but I am really not sure whether he should be replaced by another bowler like RP or PK or by a batsman cum w/k like KKD .. spin is working and so Dhoni might take the risk as there are a lot of part-timers also and I am not sure why Dhoni has not utlilized the newly evolved part timers of IPL like Raina and Rohit EDIT: Anyways Irfan bowls 2 overs at most nowadays and so I think replacing him with KKD is worth a risk .. and YKP will probably bowl full 4 overs and there is Yuvi and the other part-timers .. so I think he should include KKD in place of Irfan

Why are people talking about dropping Gambhir?... Its ridiculous ... He was our top run scorer last tournament and he has been in good form (besides the IPL) over the past year. Even in the past 2 games, despite the fact he has struggled, he has still scored 2 fifties. Dropping Gambhir for Karthik would be a very stupid move. Gambhir is someone who can take the attack to most bowlers and despite the fact he has scored slowly in the past 2 games, we all know that he can score very quickly at times.

Why are people talking about dropping Gambhir?... Its ridiculous ... He was our top run scorer last tournament and he has been in good form (besides the IPL) over the past year. Even in the past 2 games, despite the fact he has struggled, he has still scored 2 fifties. Dropping Gambhir for Karthik would be a very stupid move. Gambhir is someone who can take the attack to most bowlers and despite the fact he has scored slowly in the past 2 games, we all know that he can score very quickly at times.
Dropping Irfan for Karthik makes sense or not :hmmm:
you are in love with KKD:giggle:
:finger: KKD has exceptional cricket in IPL and was the second highest run scorer for Delhi even while coming at no. 6 position.. he hardly got many chances to bat yet he was brilliant whenever he batted.. I still remember one of the DD games where ABDV, Dilshan, Veeru, Gauti etc. all struggled to even hit a single boundary and KKD started raining sixes after he came .. KKD is in very good touch and he deserves a place.. he played a lot better than Ravindra Jadeja in the whole IPL.. give him a chance thats it
I would say seam (opening) bowling. RP is a south african wonder and Zak is still healing. Dhoni wants to use Ishant in the middle. Irfan should be dropped :pray: PK can do better, I feel. Also, open with Yuppo and PK, and then Zak for the powerplay. We can then start the procession of all our spinners for an over or couple each with Ishant in between. Ishant and PK can wrap it up. Batting-wise, Dhoni should be at 5. Rohit and Gauti, Raina and Yuvi. There may be a case for dropping Gauti and picking DK too. Either way, Irfan is our biggest weak link.
Cant agree more :two_thumbs_up:...Irfan is crap and biggest trump card for the opposition India should go with 7 batsman and fill the bowling with Raina, Rohit, Yuvi and Yusuf RP, Ishant, and Zak to be seamer and Ohja the main spinner But No dropping Gauti :nono:

1. It doesn't matter who bowls, RP, Zaheer, IP, PK because when there little to no swing available all of those bowlers will look ordinary. So far of all the matches I've watched there has been little to no swing available. 2. In those situations you need your fast bowlers to alter their pace/angles to fool the batsmen. It's not always going to work but it beats bowling the same delivieries over and over again where batsmen can just tee off. 3. Of our current group the only bowlers that can do this are IP and Zaheer. Ishant has been effective because his pace at bounce makes it awkward for batsmen to make a quick adjustment and he's also pretty accurate.