This is ridiculously bass ackward captaincy

Fifth over; around a hundred to defend and one early wicket in the previous over. No slips at ALL, a spread out field and England's strike bowler handling the new ball. And of course one goes through the empty first slip gap for four. ---- 18th over - 6 needed in 3 overs, lots of wickets in hand, game effectively over and nobody cares anymore. Yet there's a slip and a leg slip. Someone please donate a brain to the England captain. Collingwood may be a class act but he can't captain.

Collingwood's true colors were on show when an injury depleted New Zealand team were touring England for ODI/Test series. In the ODI match one of the Black Caps was hindered by an English player when running between the wickets and there was a collision but the English players ran him out. When the umpires gathered together and asked Collingwood whether he wanted to let the run out stand or be sporting and negate it because of the collision Collingwood immediately signalled out. New Zealand went on to win the game and the ODI series and Collingwood was roundly criticized for not playing in the spirit of the game. What a clown.

Have you all read Shane Warne's views ? I'm just quoting the part where he discusses Collingwood's captaincy: Captaincy is a big thing in Twenty20. You have to try to be an over ahead of play. Yes, you need to be flexible, but once you get behind in your thinking, you never really catch up. You end up putting fielders where the ball has just been hit — that is usually a sign of a batsman being in control. As a captain, you want to make him think and hit balls where you want him to hit them. Tactically, I haven’t been too impressed with Paul Collingwood. He has a few qualities — he’s a fighter and a guy you would want to have in your team, but I don’t see him as a captain. You need to get funky at times, to throw caution to the wind and show a bit of flair and imagination. I just don’t think that Collingwood has that. His fielding positions always seem pretty basic to me. The decision to leave out Dimitri Mascarenhas for the Netherlands game was just wrong. Collingwood thinks he can do the same job himself, but he is nowhere near as good in the finishing role. It was interesting to hear one of the Dutch guys saying that they got a lift when they saw that Dimi’s name wasn’t on the teamsheet. At least England got it right against Pakistan and I hope, for their sake, that they’ve learnt the lesson. To be fair, I would give Collingwood a little tick for opening the bowling with Dimi. He may have taken Pakistan a little bit by surprise there, which doesn’t mean it is necessarily the way to go from now on. The key word here is flexibility. Look at conditions, look at your opponents and don’t feel you have to open the bowling with stock, standard pace every time. Apparantly Collingwood thinks that Warne is giving him a bit of stick from his media position because he sledged Warne in '06-07 Ashes! What a fool!