Resurgent Pakistan - On to the Semis?

The Pakistan team is gelling at the right moment, just before the super 8. Points to ponder: Weakness: The top order. If we can have a stable opening pair, then the middle order can be devastating near the end overs. So far, the top order has been failing without giving too much stability at the top. In my opinion, Salman Butt provides a stable base and he should be persisted with. Its too bad that the likes of Imran Nazir or Nasir Jamshed. All-rounder spot. With Razzaq coming back into the team, it solidifies the batting and provides the x-factor. While his ICL stint was good in patches with the bowling, his batting was very helpful. And even Fawad Alam can come in as well. Bowling Great spin attack with variety in Malik, Ajmal, and Afridi. These spinners can surely take wickets and at the same time stop the run flow. Just before you know it, the other teams will be crying 'MAA' Fast bowlers : Umer Gul is exceptional with his yorkers and with support from Razzaq and either Tanivir/Aamer Just watch out, the semifinals are there for PAKISTAN to take. From then onwards, anything can happen. Watch it for the sizzling Pakistan Team

The Pakistan team is gelling at the right moment, just before the super 8. Points to ponder: Weakness: The top order. If we can have a stable opening pair, then the middle order can be devastating near the end overs. So far, the top order has been failing without giving too much stability at the top. In my opinion, Salman Butt provides a stable base and he should be persisted with. Its too bad that the likes of Imran Nazir or Nasir Jamshed. TRUE.... All-rounder spot. With Razzaq coming back into the team, it solidifies the batting and provides the x-factor. While his ICL stint was good in patches with the bowling, his batting was very helpful. And even Fawad Alam can come in as well. Dont tell his name until he perform in international cricket. By the way what do you think about imran khan? :hysterical: Fawad Alam.. WILL HE BE SELECTED?? Bowling Great spin attack with variety in Malik, Ajmal, and Afridi. These spinners can surely take wickets and at the same time stop the run flow. Just before you know it, the other teams will be crying 'MAA' Pray you guys didnt hit India any where in semis or final.... Your spinners will hammered...Better to check stats agaist India or SA Fast bowlers : Umer Gul is exceptional with his yorkers and with support from Razzaq and either Tanivir/Aamer Aamer is noob.. Razaaq not right now please.. GUL is out of form and he might be decent bowler but still he can not win the match on his own... Just watch out, the semifinals are there for PAKISTAN to take. From then onwards, anything can happen. Watch it for the sizzling Pakistan Team
In short you guys are lucky to get in semis... If not..

We won't be seeing you here again Multani if the result don't go your way. I think it's loaded against Pakistan tonight. All it takes for you fans of Pakistan is one loss tonight and that's it all hell will break lose. Pakistan's been crap so far no doubt about that. Can they spring a surprise? I don't reckon they can particularly against Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is red hot and it will truly be an upset if Pakistan can win tonight. On form and on paper Sri Lanka is miles ahead. In fact I'd say Sri Lanka has been the best team followed by South Africa, NZ and India so far. If I were you I'd brace myself for the worse result and if the result ends up in your favour I'd rejoice. For now I'll hold off any expectations.

did you notice how a win over Holland resulted in Pak team gelling
Oh yeah, its all about getting in form at the right time you see. Pakistan is a DANGEROUS side provided the openers give some stability. I would say even open with Afridi and Razzaq as the openers have been shaky anyways. This will atleast provide some quick runs and give momentum to the innings.

I don't know how you can get so excited with just one win so far. Pakistan has been trashed in the Warm up games and even thrashed by hapless England. England is a non-entity and if you can lose against England you have nothing to be proud about. That said I like your enthusiasm. Pakistan can do with fans like you but you shouldn't be this loud considering the current form of Pakistan team.

Oh yeah' date=' its all about getting in form at the right time you see. Ireland(banladesh or england) is a DANGEROUS side provided the openers give some stability. I would say even open with (XxX)i and XXX as the openers have been shaky anyways. This will atleast provide some quick runs and give momentum to the innings.[/quote'] FIXED
We won't be seeing you here again Multani if the result don't go your way. I think it's loaded against Pakistan tonight. All it takes for you fans of Pakistan is one loss tonight and that's it all hell will break lose. Pakistan's been crap so far no doubt about that. Can they spring a surprise? I don't reckon they can particularly against Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is red hot and it will truly be an upset if Pakistan can win tonight. On form and on paper Sri Lanka is miles ahead. In fact I'd say Sri Lanka has been the best team followed by South Africa' date=' NZ and India so far. If I were you I'd brace myself for the worse result and if the result ends up in your favour I'd rejoice. For now I'll hold off any expectations.[/quote'] Actually, Pakistan has Sri Lanka's number and usually beats them 70-80% of the time. So it wont be a surprise at all. Sri Lanka's middle order and lower order is inexperienced and the tail is a bit too long. Early wickets and they will be in huge trouble. Sure the threat of Mendis would be there, but the right way to play him is to slog him out of the park and out of the attack. What other fans would be scared of is that Pakistan still hasnt played its best cricket yet... so when they play their A game, the opposition would be hoping they called in sick. Regarding the team, I think the team strategy and team composition hasnt been that great and the results has shown that. The opening pair in both the bowling and batting department needs some work.

oh boy, tomorrow if you lose this thread will be 5 pages within no time will ahahaha if you go through the first page on this forum not a single thread on how we will beat WI tomorrow, PCB isnt learning anything atleast you fans be a little smart

lol@seeing a win over Holland to see your team 'gelling', they were just not aware/in the capacity to face some of your bowling options. Better teams will do great against you, Sri Lanka is a massive powerhouse in your group, you will lose to them.

sri lanka empty their bladders and buttocks all over pakistan remember what they did to the pakis last time? 73 all out, was it? humiliating. they almost always beat pakis in pakiland pakis batsmen collapse against their spinners and their bowlers are meat and daaru for jayasuriya, dilshan and sangakkara but even so, pakis have a great chance of going to semis. because 1 of their match is agnst ireland, they will win dat one so they only need to win 1/2 v/s lanka or nz and they have gr8 record vs nz. nz is also having injury problems so pak are getting luck already, ur DUAs were answered:giggle: no surprises here if pak reaches semis

Actually, Pakistan has Sri Lanka's number and usually beats them 70-80% of the time. So it wont be a surprise at all. Sri Lanka's middle order and lower order is inexperienced and the tail is a bit too long. Early wickets and they will be in huge trouble. Sure the threat of Mendis would be there, but the right way to play him is to slog him out of the park and out of the attack.
As I said good luck. Pakistan has 10% chance of beating Sri Lanka considering the ability of Pakistan with the bat, ball, fielding and catching. I'll be here tomorrow even if Pakistan wins but if Pakistan does lose then make sure you do visit us.
Oh yeah' date=' its all about getting in form at the right time you see. Pakistan is a [b']DANGEROUS side provided the openers give some stability. I would say even open with Afridi and Razzaq as the openers have been shaky anyways. This will atleast provide some quick runs and give momentum to the innings.
why is the tag mercurial or dangerous still with Pakistan? They dont have the caliber of players they had, it is like claiming WI is playing the calypso brand of cricket.

Ahhh, I remember the days I used to think like multani lol. Realistically, Pakistan have to seriously actually catch the ball and hit some boundaries in the middle overs in order to even make a good game of it. If this happens, the match could be interesting. Apart from history, all is against us you would think. On the other hand, you would expect Pakistan to improve with each match now and we will have massive support you would think :-) Impossible to predict though this match. SL clear favourites based on form in the tournament and looking at both sides. I still hope though :-)

Can you please tell me how this one win over netherland makes you confident all of a sudden? To be honest Pakistan are just tad better than the minnow teams that exited the worldcup (except aussies) and the Irish. They are the worst team with ugly politics within in the top 8 test playing nations.